Back or Lay at a Percentage of BSP Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on In-running Horse Racing markets.

The purpose of this bot is to back a nominated selection if it trades at or below 50% of its BSP, and/or lay a nominated runner if it trades at or higher than 100% its BSP (of course you can edit the percentages to anything you want or even change it to a number of ticks).

So if backing and its BSP was 6.4 it would trigger if the odds traded at or below 3.2
If laying and its BSP was 8.0 it would trigger if the odds traded at or above 16.0

To nominate a runner to back just select it in the Automation Nominated Selection 1 column on the main guardian page
To nominate a runner to lay just select it in the Automation Nominated Selection 2 column on the main guardian page

BSP % Noms.JPG

How it works

When the race turns in play at 00:00:00 two ‘Set/Modify Stored Values’ rules will trigger and store the values of the last traded price (which should be the BSP)
One rule will store the value and add 50% with the name ‘backbsp’
The other will store the value and add 100% with the name ‘laybsp’

Then there are the back and lay rules, it will back using a stake of £10 and lay with a stake of £10 liability, each of these has a stored value condition to test for the above Stored values.

Ie, on the back bet rule the condition tests to see if the last traded price is greater than the ‘Stored Value’ named ‘backbsp’, so if the BSP was 3.2 it would have stored a value named ‘backbsp’ 6.4, once the last traded price is at or greater than 6.4 the rule triggers.
And like wise for the lay bet rule.

To use the file just click on the following Back or Lay at Percentage of BSP.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To edit the percentages used or change to ticks, open the respective store back and/or store lay rules and go to the ‘Stored values’ tab and change the value in the amount box.

To change to ticks use the pick list just above and select ‘ticks’ as in the image below

Then click on to the bottom two place bet rules and go to the Parameters tab to change where the bet is 'Placed at' to match your new stored values
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

Nice one Dallas, another one to have a tinker with!
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas :D
teambulldog

Hi Dallas,
Could you help please ?Am liking this a lot for laying but is there a way to get more LAY bets MATCHED as a lot of times the price moves out quick and leaves with unmatched bets ???
Would fixed stake help as i am still laying to liability, AM on vps and running at 20ms
hope you have some ideas please?
thanks
Julian
Dallas

teambulldog wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:40 am
Hi Dallas,
Could you help please ?Am liking this a lot for laying but is there a way to get more LAY bets MATCHED as a lot of times the price moves out quick and leaves with unmatched bets ???
Would fixed stake help as i am still laying to liability, AM on vps and running at 20ms
hope you have some ideas please?
thanks
Julian
On the Parameters tab you can change where the bet is placed at, so you can place the bet outside the price, ie instead of placing at 100% place at 110%, that will increase the chances of it being matched
teambulldog

Dallas,
Thats great and i will try it now and thanks for the fast reply and happy new year to you
Julian
Dallas

teambulldog wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 am
Dallas,
Thats great and i will try it now and thanks for the fast reply and happy new year to you
Julian
No probs, and all the best in 2019 to you to
teambulldog

Dallas,
Works a lot better now thanks so much
Julian
mickypaul72

Hi, I've been having some joy with this bot using £10 Liabilty stakes for the back and lay, however in one race it put in a £31 back bet for some reason so I was wondering if there are any suggestions why this would go above and beyond the £10 Liability stake.

Regards

Mick

Ludl 3rd Jan : 2m Nov Hcap Chs
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Selections
Selection
Odds
Stake(£)
Bid type
Placed
Profit/loss(£)
Clondaw Castle
Back
03-Jan-19 13:19
Oxwich Bay
Lay
03-Jan-19 13:17
*Average odds: On Off
Back subtotal:
Lay subtotal:
Market subtotal:
Commission :
Net Market Total:

Profit and Loss is shown net of commission.
All times are UKT

?
ShaunWhite

This is the issue when liability staking odds on, luckily your bet was at 1.3 and not 1.01. £10 "liability" at 1.01 requires a stake of £1000.

Dallas will expand on that but I seem to remember that a staking method of 'Liability (lay only)' will sort it rather than going for 'Liability (Back or Lay)'....could be wrong, check 1st in practice mode obv.
mickypaul72

Thanks for the reply my understanding was that a Liability bet was like a safety net where the most you could lose was the actual stake amount in this case £10.

Regards,

Mick
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:11 pm
Thanks for the reply my understanding was that a Liability bet was like a safety net where the most you could lose was the actual stake amount in this case £10.

Regards,

Mick
When backing using the regular 'fixed stake' as the back bet rule of this file does your only risking the amount you stake.

When using the 'by liability' staking method yes its the amount you are willing to lose when laying but when backing with it it becomes the reverse and the amount you are wanting to win, so whenever backing at odds-on the stake required will always be greater than the amount you want to win
As Shaun said if you go as low as 1.01 and are backing 'by liability' to try and win £10 it will require a stake of £1000 to do so
ShaunWhite

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... 3D&mw=MzIw#

It's a clear as mud in the user guide....apparently it's not your liability but "the liabiity the person who takes your bet is accepting" ? ?

Have a play in PMode but I'm sure there's a pitfall when short odds on (I don't use it, so I'm rusty in this area)

By Liability (Lay Only)
The ‘Seed Stake’ you have entered (or in the case of the Ladder, selected from the Standard or Preset area) now becomes the liability you are willing to accept on lay bets. So, if you have selected a £20 stake and place a lay bet at odds of 3.5, Bet Angel will calculate the amount needed to realise a £20 liability; at odds of 3.5 it would mean a lay bet of £8.00 is submitted to the market. This means if that selection loses you make a profit of £8.00 and if it wins you lose £20. Note: When using this ‘Lay Only’ method, back bets behave the same as when using a ‘fixed stake’ so your risk in the market will be the same £20 regardless of whether backing or laying.

By Liability (Back & Lay Bets)
This option is most useful when you wish to trade by liability. Your back bets are staked in a similar way to the lay bets so that positions in the market can be easily opened and closed. In the case of a back bet, the ‘Seed Stake’ will now be your potential profit (the liability the person who takes your bet is accepting) so if you have selected a £20 stake and place a back bet at odds of 8.0 Bet Angel will calculate the amount required to realise a £20 profit; at odds of 8.0 it would mean a back bet of £2.86 is submitted to the market. This means if that selection wins you make a profit of £20 or a loss of -£2.86 if it loses
mickypaul72

Thanks Shaun and Dallas I finally understand now. Thats why the Bot has a fixed stake on the back side, like Shaun said I was lucky I didnt get stung big time.

Regards.

Mick

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”