Dutch 1st, 2nd & 3rd Fav Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

zanpo wrote:What rules should I put so that it only dutches for a positive value. Sometimes I see that it dutches 3 selections with negative profit on all 3 of them (and the rest of the selections also).
Its only possible to dutch a negative value if the 3 selections are below 3.0 which would usually only be possible in a newly opened or unformed market when there is little to no money availible. Same goes for backing/dutching 2 selections below 2.0 and 4 selections below 4.0 etc
shakespeare wrote:Thanks, Dallas! That's one part of automation I hadn't experimented with, so very useful to learn about it from your example.
Glad you have found it usefull, personally i think its a under used part of the automation options.
obitus

I have added a Hedge Profit rule where I green all selections inplay when it reaches a value (say £5). If I do some pre off trading and reach that £5 value, when it hits inplay will it hedge up automatically?

If so would there be any way around this so that it only include the inplay trades?
Dallas

It could nt be done using the same profit rule as this always looks at the P/L of the market, what you could do is set up a £10 profit rule to be armed only in play and using a signal condition that the first one had triggered pre-race.
forumuser

Dallas, I have been using this with some success, albeit I have changed and added a couple of other rules, however can you explain to me how this actually sets the bets up using a book% to dutch the bets?

What is the book % and how does this work out to the £10 and presumably changing it to £20 would double the profit/loss amounts.

As I say it is dutching the selections nicely I just would like to understand how it is doing this, thanks.
Dallas

forumuser wrote:What is the book % and how does this work out to the £10 and presumably changing it to £20 would double the profit/loss amounts.
There is a link in the OP to the section of the user guide that explains how it works and is calculated.

Yes doubling your stake would just double any P/L
Nathane30

Is it possible to Dutch all horses say under 14/1 using the book %?
Dallas

Nathane30 wrote:Is it possible to Dutch all horses say under 14/1 using the book %?
Yes there is a few ways to do this, to edit this rule file the best way would be to begin by adding additional runners by highlighting one of the exsisting rules and clicking on the icon of two green arrows to duplicate it and change
'Applies to' Poisition in order of Betfair favourtism 4

Repeat that until you have several more runners then add the follow condition to each
'Fixed Odds Condition'
'Selections' Last Traded Price
Is 'Less' than 14.5

That will limit the dutching to just those with odds of 14.0 and below
Nathane30

thank you so much for your reply!

i thought that may be the case, i had this all set up as you explained and was waiting for today's races.

Another quick question - if i were to be staking a high amount (and not all gets matched), shall i set it up so it takes SP on all unmatched? or will it then place bets on all selections over the odds i want?

would keep all unmatched be a better option?

thanks.
Dallas

It would need to be keep bets in this situation.

Another thing you could use on the parameters tab is 'Stop on opening bet'
that way if a price moves away from your unmatched bet it will move the bet and match it at the best odds avaliable.

So if you use 'Stop on Opening Bet' with 5 ticks and place your back bet at 4.8 if the odds shorten to 4.3 any unmatched back bet will now be moved and matched at these odds.
Nathane30

would i put the stop trigger at say 2 ticks then place at 5 ticks?

thanks again
Dallas

It depends on the time your placing the bets and how big they are in relation to what money may be avalible as to what will work best for you.
Normally 1-3 ticks more on the 'place at' than used on the 'trigger at' will be enough in most instances
Nathane30

Afternoon Dallas,

thanks again for your help last week! is it possible to add more than one rule to a market or will this get very messy? thanks.
Dallas

Nathane30 wrote:Afternoon Dallas,

thanks again for your help last week! is it possible to add more than one rule to a market or will this get very messy? thanks.
Its possible to have more than one rule as long as its in the same automation file
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11857

You could open additional instances of Bet Angel if you need/want to run more than one automation file but as the same Betfair account will be used you ll need to ensure they dont conflict with each other.
DoubleDon

Thanks Dallas.
Krystian

How to change Horses if i don't want first 3 ?? Thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”