Dutch 1st, 2nd & 3rd Fav Guardian Automation Bot

Alfieboy

Hi Dallas
Thanks for your help on previous questions. I like this Bot but I would like to put in a condition so it only fires if the price of the favourite is below a certain figure eg 3. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot
Dallas

Alfieboy wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:27 am
Hi Dallas
Thanks for your help on previous questions. I like this Bot but I would like to put in a condition so it only fires if the price of the favourite is below a certain figure eg 3. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot
Yes, just a 'fixed odds condition' to each of the rules to specify
Nominated selection; in Betfair order of favouritism 1
last traded price is
is less than
Alfieboy

Thanks a lot will try it
ffchaci

Hi Dallas,
Thank you for your work and replies on here. I have used the bot for the first time today across four races. I made some alterations as some races I do level stakes, and some split stakes. Also some races I dutch 1,2 favourites, other races might be 1,3,5 etc.
The bots triggered fine in the first three races but didn't on the fourth. All that I can think for the reason why is that on that particular race I already had a lay bet which was matched earlier on in the day.
Is there something I could change where it would still work if I already had matched bets in that market??
Thank you
Dallas

ffchaci wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:37 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thank you for your work and replies on here. I have used the bot for the first time today across four races. I made some alterations as some races I do level stakes, and some split stakes. Also some races I dutch 1,2 favourites, other races might be 1,3,5 etc.
The bots triggered fine in the first three races but didn't on the fourth. All that I can think for the reason why is that on that particular race I already had a lay bet which was matched earlier on in the day.
Is there something I could change where it would still work if I already had matched bets in that market??
Thank you
From memory, I don't think this had a matched bets condition in it so would still work even with earlier bets, unless you've added it as part of your changes?

If not and you've added no actual conditions then its most probably your Guardian setting, this post will explain that further and how best to set it up
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
ray1965potter

Hello Dallas,

Just new with BetAngel and i have created a set of rules to back under 1.30, however it also lays them under a1.30. Any ideas on why. Also looking for a condition to only back under 1.30 if the next in the market is say for example .40 difference. If you could assist this would be great
Dallas

ray1965potter wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 am
Hello Dallas,

Just new with BetAngel and i have created a set of rules to back under 1.30, however it also lays them under a1.30. Any ideas on why. Also looking for a condition to only back under 1.30 if the next in the market is say for example .40 difference. If you could assist this would be great
Are you using offsetting or a separate lay rule with the same fixed odds condition?

A relative odds condition or historical relative odds condition can be used to test there are a number of ticks/odds between two runners
ray1965potter

Thankyou for the reply. I have only a back rule. Can I attach my rules to you and have a look.
ray1965potter

Thankyou for the reply. I have only a back rule. Can I attach my rules to you and have a look. I have found and have attached file Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
prowsey182

Hi Dallas,

Are you still able to provide some guidance around this Bot? Just have a few questions..

Thanks

jackson
Dallas

prowsey182 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 am
Hi Dallas,

Are you still able to provide some guidance around this Bot? Just have a few questions..

Thanks

jackson
Yes
prowsey182

Thanks,

Firstly, very new to betfair and bet angel..

I am looking at something similar to what you have above for horse racing before jump, with slight variations, and a few quick questions if possible:

1. I was going down a different path with someone else using an excel spreadsheet, however after downloading your file, it seems much simplier - is one bettter than the other?

2. System I want is to dutch bet multiple runners (in order of market) at jump, but this will be changing from race to race. For example race 1 dutch 2/3/4 favourites at jump, race 2 1/2/5/7 favourites at jump, race 3 1/3/6/10 favourites at jump etc. As there are potentially 100's of combos and dont think building a rule for each is efficient - is there a way you recommend to do this?

3. Can betfair start price be used to back bet in Aust/english horse racing?

4. Is there any freelancers who can help write bots on here that you recommend?

Thanks, any feedback is much appreciated.

jackson
Dallas

prowsey182 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:34 am
Thanks,

Firstly, very new to betfair and bet angel..

I am looking at something similar to what you have above for horse racing before jump, with slight variations, and a few quick questions if possible:

1. I was going down a different path with someone else using an excel spreadsheet, however after downloading your file, it seems much simplier - is one bettter than the other?

2. System I want is to dutch bet multiple runners (in order of market) at jump, but this will be changing from race to race. For example race 1 dutch 2/3/4 favourites at jump, race 2 1/2/5/7 favourites at jump, race 3 1/3/6/10 favourites at jump etc. As there are potentially 100's of combos and dont think building a rule for each is efficient - is there a way you recommend to do this?

3. Can betfair start price be used to back bet in Aust/english horse racing?

4. Is there any freelancers who can help write bots on here that you recommend?

Thanks, any feedback is much appreciated.

jackson
1, Guardians Advanced automation is slightly faster than excel and uses fewer resources but what you're wanting to do with them you won't see any noticeable difference

2, You'll need to create a rules file for each strategy, yes, so if strategy 1 is to back 2nd, 3rd & 4th fav and strategy 2 is to back 1st, 2nd, 5th & 7th fav you'll need a file for each

3, Yes you can place a bet and mark it to take SP or if placing the bet in-play once the SP is known you can place it at whatever price the SP was

4, I'd always recommend learning to use advanced automation yourself, it's quite simple to use once you've spent a few hours looking at and anything your stuck on your can ask on here
Also, it will mean you can do all your own changes rather than having to keep going back and paying someone for every little change and idea you want to test.
markbet247

In the native betfair interface using a dutching strategy, you can choose multiple selections to back, and select 'stake' to spread your total stake across all bets. This results in the same profit regardless of the winner.

For instance, a total £20 bet across 3 selections with different odds - ie, 1.9, 4.5, 5.0 would all have the same £ profit if any 1 of the 3 wins. Is there a way to achieve this in guardian? I assume it would require using a signal, but can't quite figure it out... Any help appreciated :)
Dallas

markbet247 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:31 pm
In the native betfair interface using a dutching strategy, you can choose multiple selections to back, and select 'stake' to spread your total stake across all bets. This results in the same profit regardless of the winner.

For instance, a total £20 bet across 3 selections with different odds - ie, 1.9, 4.5, 5.0 would all have the same £ profit if any 1 of the 3 wins. Is there a way to achieve this in guardian? I assume it would require using a signal, but can't quite figure it out... Any help appreciated :)
The Bet Angel Dutching tool has this and several other staking options for manually dutching, some examples in the link below
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12774

But for automation there is only the book% staking method (which this bot uses), that will give you an equal profit on the selections you pick but doesn't have all the staking methods the main dutching tool has

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”