Flying Start Over Reaction Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

Flying Start Over Reaction Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on the Sprint Horse Racing markets (flat & AW).

The bot will place a lay bet of £10 at 25 ticks below the SP of the runner in row 1 and if matched a offset bet with greening at 15 ticks higher.

After 15 sec if unmatched it will cancel and after 20 secs if not yet offset it will close the trade at the best current price.

The idea is to catch over backed runners in the opening seconds and take a profit as the price bounces back up.

To use the file just click on the Flying Start Over Reaction.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size, ticks below and number of offset ticks used can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vladilyich

Thanks for making these files for those of us who are still relatively knew at Automation. Its a great help.
sirastonb

Is it possible to have multiple rules running on the same race/match and if so how do you do it
Dallas

You can only use one rule file per market (unless you open another instance of Bet Angel & Guardian)

But you can add several rule types within the same file including combining strategies/systems (providing they dont conflict with each other)

For example you could run this "Over Start Over Reaction" and "Back the Likely Winner" at the same time by adding the contents of the Back the winner file to this file.

This is done by going into the edit section of this file then click the green plus icon to add a new rule type and and the same rule type as the one used in "back the Likely Winner" including all parameters and conditions

You could also add a further condition
"Unmatched bets condition"
on selection
is "equal" to 0

Which will ensure no parts of the first rule are unfinished and open before this one triggers
Wildly

How do I attempt to lay every runner at custom ticks below SP for a defined liability please?
The rule type 'Lay All Selections' doesn't allow the parameter Place at 'Custom ticks below'
The rule type 'Place A Lay Bet' allows the parameters 'Custom ticks below' and 'Liability' but to get it to fire lay bets on every runner the only way I can find is to have it trigger multiple times and 'Wait 1 second before rearming' and 'Apply to Any Selection'. That means the last lay is fired 20 seconds after the jump in a 20 horse field and means I'm more likely to be laying a true reaction than an over-reaction.
Dallas

If your looking to expand this to cover all runners rather than just the fav then using applies to "ANY" will do the job, theres unlikely to be more than 2 or 3 at most which would be over backed in the first few seconds of the start.
jimibt

Dallas -I've sent you a PM with a revised version of this rule which includes the new signals functionality. See what you think of it and make any required changes and redistribute as you wish - all part of the push to collaborate on enhancements to community bots...

In a nutshell, it will fire off two trades (on any selection < Fav pos 4) inside the initial 5 seconds IF the LTP has dropped by one tick per second for 3 seconds.

[edit] - dropping file here as PM doesn't allow file attachments. Everyone else, use with caution as my interpretation of signals may be incorrect -await Dallas's feedback!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wildly

Dallas wrote:If your looking to expand this to cover all runners rather than just the fav then using applies to "ANY" will do the job, theres unlikely to be more than 2 or 3 at most which would be over backed in the first few seconds of the start.
Dallas,
To fire lays on all runners immediately after race start what is needed here:
Allow rule to trigger up to ?? times and
Wait ?? seconds before rearming
Dallas

You could set it as
trigger 4 times
re-arm 2 sec

make sure to also add the condition
"number of place bets condition"
on "selection"
is "equal" to 0

That will prevent it triggering twice on the same selection
Wildly

Dallas wrote:You could set it as
trigger 4 times
re-arm 2 sec

make sure to also add the condition
"number of place bets condition"
on "selection"
is "equal" to 0

That will prevent it triggering twice on the same selection
I have the condition set to prevent it triggering twice on one selection.
I don't get what "trigger 4 times re-arm 2 sec" will do.
When I have "trigger 20 times, re-arm 1 sec" it triggers 1 bet per runner but takes 20 secs to trigger all 20 runners.
Wildly

Dallas wrote:You could set it as
trigger 4 times
re-arm 2 sec
All that did was trigger the first lay 2 seconds after the race start then trigger 3 more lays at 2 second intervals.
What I want is to trigger lays on all runners at the same time, 1 second after race start.
Dallas

As you said in your earlier message its not possible to use "Lay all selections" without specifying fixed odd for them.
There will never be a time when a field of say 20 runners are all over backed at the start and shorten 20 ticks - using "ANY" with a quick re-arm is enough to catch the few that may be over backed.

Your only other option is to apply to "Row 1 Betfair order"
then click the two green arrow icons to duplicate the entire rule and change the next to
"Row 2 Betfair order"
and repeat this till you have a rule for each of the number of rows you require - if you make 20 and there is only 7 runners in a race the remaining 13 will just be ignored
Wildly

Dallas wrote:As you said in your earlier message its not possible to use "Lay all selections" without specifying fixed odd for them.
There will never be a time when a field of say 20 runners are all over backed at the start and shorten 20 ticks - using "ANY" with a quick re-arm is enough to catch the few that may be over backed.

Your only other option is to apply to "Row 1 Betfair order"
then click the two green arrow icons to duplicate the entire rule and change the next to
"Row 2 Betfair order"
and repeat this till you have a rule for each of the number of rows you require - if you make 20 and there is only 7 runners in a race the remaining 13 will just be ignored
I may not have communicated my point. Of course all 20 runners will not be over-bet at the start of the race. The point is we don't know which runners will be over-bet until the race starts and we will be far more likely to catch those that are if the lay bets are immediately in place on all runners. A quick re-arm still means 20 seconds of race time has lapsed before a lay is offered on the 20th runner.

Will your latest suggestion of "Your only other option..." put those lay bets in place on every runner immediately the race starts, not many seconds after ?
Dallas

Yes if you create a rule for each row it will place all bets at the start of the race at the same time, try it with first 3 or 4 rows to begin with and see if it works how you expect
Wildly

Dallas wrote:Yes if you create a rule for each row it will place all bets at the start of the race at the same time, try it with first 3 or 4 rows to begin with and see if it works how you expect
That did what I was after. Thanks Dallas.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”