DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot

DRED1

Thanks mate Pacecards is great too, its very good IMO
D
Mikky

oo.. its been removed. It was just a useful tool to use IMO, but apologies if it breached any forum rules.
skotten84

This is a brilliant thread, have been looking for something like this "Dob-Bot"!!

Thanks Dallas for sharing! Will let you know how I get on :D
vladilyich

Had almost my entire bank wiped out with my version of this yesterday,very,very annoyed!

The system was working great for a good few days and I was picking up small profits along the way and all of a sudden it turned on me. Not entirely sure what happened but I simply cannot trust the idea of horse racing automation any more.
PeterLe

vladilyich wrote:I simply cannot trust the idea of horse racing automation any more.
V sorry to hear that.
Dallas is only providing a framework with each of his BOT's. Anyone using them should also do their own extensive testing (in practice) and when (and only when), you think it has potential do you run it in a live environment. Even then minimum stakes, move funds to Aus wallet etc etc (i know you may have done this, but just reiterating it for other newbies)
This is the last race all on automation, it can be done
Regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

As you will know this particular bot is very straight forward it only places the one back bet on your chosen selection and you either double your money or lose the whole stake which leaves only two possible reasons for your unfortunate loss
A) The selections you choose all ran bad races, this would be a selection problem rather than a automation one
B) You had something incorrectly set when modifying the bot with the result being the automation was now mis firing which caused a increase in losses.

Best advice when using any automation in live mode is keep the stakes to an amount that your comfortable with and do what Peterle suggested and move any excess funds into your AUS wallet so you can limit any possible damage should you program something wrong (which we all do from time to time).

PS, another great set of results there PeterLe :D
Rastis

Hi Folks,
I gave this a crack last night - applying it to a multitude of races to see where it would lead. I found that it didn't always back the two selected horses - regularly backing just one of the runners.
Note, I was using it in Practice Mode.
I gave it a little tweak re the green up bit but left it untouched otherwise.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Rog
Dallas

Rastis wrote:I found that it didn't always back the two selected horses - regularly backing just one of the runners.
Have you been selecting the runner from the main guardian page as in the image of the OP or have you tried to do from within the rule?

Each rule type is identical except they look at different selection, if your following the above correctly next time it happens if you can attach a copy of the log for that race and screenshot for the main guardian page that will give a idea as to whats happening
Rastis

Mate,
I was selecting from the main Guardian screen - the Automation Nomination Selection 1 (and 2). Specifically selecting particular horses
vladilyich

Dallas wrote:As you will know this particular bot is very straight forward it only places the one back bet on your chosen selection and you either double your money or lose the whole stake which leaves only two possible reasons for your unfortunate loss
A) The selections you choose all ran bad races, this would be a selection problem rather than a automation one
B) You had something incorrectly set when modifying the bot with the result being the automation was now mis firing which caused a increase in losses.

Best advice when using any automation in live mode is keep the stakes to an amount that your comfortable with and do what Peterle suggested and move any excess funds into your AUS wallet so you can limit any possible damage should you program something wrong (which we all do from time to time).

PS, another great set of results there PeterLe :D
I was using £2 stakes on 2 different horses,I chose greening at 25 ticks and closing trade when greater than £2 profit across all selections. In the case where it went wrong and after weeks of doing the same trade for some reason it just never closed the trade on the outsider,a 50/1 shot which I fancied to DOB and which should have done too. I did keep unmatched bets so maybe the outsider didnt get matched before the off and tried to lay in play without the back bet being taken? I really dont know to be honest but I am still confused about it all.
ricardodeano

PeterLe wrote:
vladilyich wrote:I simply cannot trust the idea of horse racing automation any more.
move funds to Aus wallet etc etc (i know you may have done this, but just reiterating it for other newbies)
Hello, newbie here *puts up hand* - why would you transfer funds to your Aus wallet? Is it just to ensure that if things go really against you, you're not likely to lose your entire bank?
Dallas

vladilyich wrote:I was using £2 stakes on 2 different horses,I chose greening at 25 ticks and closing trade when greater than £2 profit across all selections. In the case where it went wrong and after weeks of doing the same trade for some reason it just never closed the trade on the outsider,a 50/1 shot which I fancied to DOB and which should have done too. I did keep unmatched bets so maybe the outsider didnt get matched before the off and tried to lay in play without the back bet being taken? I really dont know to be honest but I am still confused about it all.
Without seeing the actual log the best anyone can do is speculate but the worst this rule should be able to do is lose your initial back stake any loses greater than this would be down to some sort of misfire obvioustly you need to try and identify exactly why this happened but as a precaution for future this is where using the Aus wallet can help
ricardodeano wrote:Hello, newbie here *puts up hand* - why would you transfer funds to your Aus wallet? Is it just to ensure that if things go really against you, you're not likely to lose your entire bank?

If you transfer funds to your Aus wallet (has to be done on BF website) that can limit any losses should a bot go wrong, so if you have £100 in your main account and using £2 back stakes for a bot it would be worth tranfering around £80 into your AUS wallet then the worse you can lose is the £20 you have left in your main account
ricardodeano

Hi Dallas, ok yeah that makes sense - thanks for clarifying.
Bladesmanstan

Been using this bot for a while now, and its just cost me abit of money, can anyone see what as happened? The log is below

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

13/07/2016 16:44:41: Market changed to DownP 13th Jul - 16:50 2m2f Hcap Hrd
13/07/2016 16:48:59: [G_Auto] : £ 5.00 Back bet placed on Lattesa at 13.5. Fully matched at 13.5. Ref: 71061093465
13/07/2016 16:51:15: Market has been suspended
13/07/2016 16:51:15: Market is in-play
13/07/2016 16:51:16: Market has been unsuspended
13/07/2016 16:55:07: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Lattesa by Laying 10.23 at 6.6
13/07/2016 16:55:10: [G_Auto] : Cancelling bets 71061441482
13/07/2016 16:55:11: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Lattesa by Laying 9.12 at 7.4
13/07/2016 16:55:17: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Lattesa by Laying 0.43 at 8.8
13/07/2016 16:55:58: Market has been suspended
Dallas

It looks like when the 2nd green up order was sent to Betfair (which would normally cancel the unmatched 1st green-up) sometime during the 1 sec delay the 1st was matched so there was nothing for the 2nd to actually cancel before it was submitted to the market.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”