DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot

eminbe

Thanks for your help, I used to run automation on football without opening in bet angle, and what happens if there are 2 races running at the same time or a race about to start while the other is still running? :?:
Dallas

In that situation you would use the 'restrict refresh' option on the advanced tab of guardian and set this to something like
10 secs before start time
till 600 secs after start time

That way its now only cycling/refreshing those markets, and if you ensure your guardian refresh rate is set to 200ms even if you had 5 markets being refreshed they would still all get chanced at least once per second and will allow this rule to trigger fine
eminbe

Thanks for your help again,, Is there a way I could set a bank value in practice mode? :?:
Dallas

eminbe wrote:Thanks for your help again,, Is there a way I could set a bank value in practice mode? :?:
No there is'nt but if your wanting to record your results these threads should help

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
and
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12327
eminbe

Dallas wrote:At the top left of the main you will see 'Automatically switch to Bet Angel market' this should be ticked and the number of seconds used should be at least 10 seconds.

This will ensure the market is in focus and being refrsehed by your main Bet Angel refresh settings.

This thread details how the market cycling and refrsehing is done in guardian and how best to set it up for a given situation
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Every time I reset bet angel it resets the settings back as default:
Automatically switch to Bet Angel market
Refresh interval
Restrict refresh
Export reports on market closure

How can I save the settings so it never goes back to default each time its resets.
Dallas

Once you have them set how you want on the main Bet Angel screen click
Settings > Save settings
eminbe

Thanks for your help and support.

I am having this problem in this automation bot:

When its going to green up and places the lay most of the time it doesn't get matched and I end up losing. I am not sure if there is a fix setting to do in bet angel or is it my internet connection I am with Virgin 150MB or maybe I need to use the bet angel VPS.

Please help.
Dallas

It wont make any difference if your internet connection is a 2mb or 200mb its your ping that matters not your bandwidth (the lower your ping the better).

Although once a bet is triggered and in the market waiting to be matched your connection no longer matters at all even losing complete connection it wont make any difference to how quick or if your green up bet is matched this is solely down to the market.

Another option would be to take a smaller profit either by triggering the green earlier or issuing another green up if the 1st is not matched immedietly.

Also worth remembering if using stakes below £2 you will have a 2 second in-play delay rather than 1 second on the placing of all bets including green ups and the price can move a long way in the oppisite direction in this time.
eminbe

Thanks for your feedback..

I select the markets and horses the night before, I click Save Market in Guardian. When I load Guardian the following day the markets are there but not with the horses I selected.
Is there a way to save the horses too?

Dallas wrote:Also worth remembering if using stakes below £2 you will have a 2 second in-play delay rather than 1 second on the placing of all bets including green ups and the price can move a long way in the oppisite direction in this time.
Is there any particular reason for that?
Dallas

If you apply rules to markets in guardian then shut it down you need to re-add those rule the next time you turn it on - it would be completly dangerous if you where to apply dozens of different rules to markets then turn off BA/guardian (therefore rules are not running) then when you trun back on some could be mid market and you would have rules firing in bets all over the place.

The delay is something Betfair impose on all bets placed in-play, the amount of time differs from sport to sport, horse racing its 1sec, football is between 5-8 secs depending on the location of the match.
Its to try and level the playing field for all those who are not trading from the venue itsself
eminbe

Dallas wrote:The delay is something Betfair impose on all bets placed in-play, the amount of time differs from sport to sport, horse racing its 1sec, football is between 5-8 secs depending on the location of the match.
Its to try and level the playing field for all those who are not trading from the venue itsself
Sorry my question was why is there a 2 second delay for stakes below £2?
Dallas

To be able to submit bets below the Betfair minimum of £2 Bet Angel first has to do it using 2 bets first by placing the min £2 @ 1000.0 it then cancels the excess to leave the amount required and then moves that down to the odds you requested each of these incurs the 1 sec delay so in total it takes 2 secs rather than 1 sec to get a stake below £2 to the odds requested.
honeycombe54

Hi dallas, thanks again - great stuff,
Is their a way in which i can place the bet at BSP. Obviously in the races that are slightly delayed they price can drift and we lose vital ticks?
Thanks again
Dallas

The BSP is only calculated at the actual off, but yes the rule be adapted to take this rather then the current odds 5 secs before the start.

Just make the following edits to the 'Back Nom 1' & 'Back Nom 2' rules types

Parameters tab
'Place at' Custom ticks above the best market price (and use about 10-20 ticks)

Then click the green plus icon in the top left corner of the rules editor to add an additional rule type and use

General tab
'Take SP on all unmatched Bets'
armed at 00:00:03 Before event start time
till 00:00:01 Before event start time

Trigger 2 times / wait 1 second before re-arming

That should do it for you
honeycombe54

great, thanks dallas

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”