Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Willygubbins

Hi,

I have been experiment with a simelar bot, it lays multiple bets scaling down the odds from 1.25 to 1.10 in an attempt to grab some of the faster odds movements i would be happy to share it. The problem i am having is it just fails to place the bets altogether, unmatched bets due to fast dropping odds i can understand but there is not bets even being placed in the log. any advise would be greatfully accepted, as i type this i have literally just watched a a 1m4f listed that i can see no reason why the bets would have been placed. thanks in advance john.
Dallas

There should nt be any issues with laying as the odds fall, if there lower than what they where triggered at you will be matched at that price.

Have a look at this thread which details where to start when isolating problems with automation triggers, if your not able to solve after following this then post back with some further details of your set up
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12557
Willygubbins

Thanks for the response, shortly after posting i found that i had the active times completely f**ked up........
pedromanuelfdz

Hi Dallas

What about modifying the bot with a greening offset (let’s say 7 ticks) after the back bet so we won’t risk the horse match 1.01 and then lose the race?
What would be the chances of getting matched?

Thanks in advance
Dallas

pedromanuelfdz wrote:Hi Dallas

What about modifying the bot with a greening offset (let’s say 7 ticks) after the back bet so we won’t risk the horse match 1.01 and then lose the race?
What would be the chances of getting matched?

Thanks in advance
If the horse goes onto win you ll always be matched, but there will be many times when your offset is queued behind so much money at 1.01 that even when the price trades at it its still not matched before drifting back out.
dthomas31uk

Hi. Tried to use this in practice mode this evening downloaded file, imported file through guardian and selected the race I wanted to use it in but it did not place the bet. Any ideas why?

I also clicked apply rules to selected markets.

Cheers
Dallas

dthomas31uk wrote:Hi. Tried to use this in practice mode this evening downloaded file, imported file through guardian and selected the race I wanted to use it in but it did not place the bet. Any ideas why?

I also clicked apply rules to selected markets.

Cheers
Not without seeing the log, also its worth checking the automation tab in bottom window of guardian to see if it triggered but was just unmatched
mattyjc138

Hi. I'm new here but I have been playing around with Betfair for a while and have been trying out automation for a couple of weeks. Enjoying it and I enjoy reading the forums.
Here's a problem I've ran into that I hope someone can help me with:

I've made a few adjustments with this bot in the hope I can get it to auto back a horse that is leading the pack quite well.
In the 'Paramaters' tab I set "Place At - Fixed Price - Odds - 1.1". I wanted the backing odds to strictly be 1.1 when the trigger point is hit (along with an offset and greening).
I originally set the trigger point in the 'Conditions' tab at 'last traded price - less than - 1.2'. Unfortunately; when the trigger point would hit the back bets would enter at varying odds of anywhere from 1.3 up to 2.8.
I gradually bought the trigger point down to 'last traded price - less than - 1.16'. The back bet prices entered were getting closer to what I was after, but, still, the backing odds entered were variable.
What am I doing wrong to not get the Back odds entered at 1.1, and only at 1.1?

Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

When a back bet is placed into the market Betfair will always match it at the best (highest odds) avalible at that time or if laying the lowest odds avaliable.

If you only want to be matched at 1.10 then all you need to do is everytime Betfair match you at odds over this and the horse wins donate the excess amount you win to charity :)

If it loses it would nt matter what odds you got matched at the bet was triggered at the time you asked so your no worse off.
mattyjc138

When a back bet is placed into the market Betfair will always match it at the best (highest odds) avalible at that time or if laying the lowest odds avaliable.

If you only want to be matched at 1.10 then all you need to do is everytime Betfair match you at odds over this and the horse wins donate the excess amount you win to charity

If it loses it would nt matter what odds you got matched at the bet was triggered at the time you asked so your no worse off.

Mmm. Humour me.
The plan was to enter a back bet of 1.10 with a fill or kill of 5 or so seconds (offset and greening) at a trigger point of 'last traded price - 1.20' and conditoned that the favourite is around 3 odds or more ahead of the other racers.
Reasoning being: if the prices were to drop so quickly from 1.2 to 1.1 and be matched then the horse should be steaming ahead. If the bet is entered well below the trigger point and then starts to drift, chances are, the bet will be killed.
I've seen too many cases of a favourite trading at 1.14-1.16 and then start to drift. Conversely; if you set a trigger point of 1.15 and the selection gets matched at 1.18, 1.20, even 1.28 then you know it's already drifting.
To put it simply: is there no way I can get the bot to enter the back bet strictly at the price I stipulate, or will it always enter it at the highest odds avaliable?
Cheers
Dallas

It will always match at the best price - this is done by Betfair and no way around it

First there is a 1sec delay on all in-play bets during which time the odds could of gone anywhere after a bet was triggered. Even without this delay the odds move all over the place in the final moments of a race so they could go from 1.10, 1.43, 1.89, 1.31, 2.80 all within the same second - so if you trigger a bet at 1.10 (when the odds are below 1.15) what your matched at is irrelevent - weather its matched @ 1.10 or 2.8 the out come of the race will be the same, your potential loss will be the same just by being lucky enough to be matched at the best odds you get a higher payoff than expected

Its a bit like walking into a bookies with a minute to go on a football match and asking for 2/1 the leading team wins but the bookie offers 6/1 - why would you not take it? Nothing about the underlying match is any different except your getting a higher reward for the exact same risk.
Akiee

Dear Dallas,

First of all thank you so much for such a useful Automation rules . and i need help. I always set back odds for 1.05 to 1.02 range. But 90% time it failed to get matched, I wasted too many time on it but no luck yet. Please help me. i really want to match my stakes on below 1.05 odds .
Dallas

Akiee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 am
Dear Dallas,

First of all thank you so much for such a useful Automation rules . and i need help. I always set back odds for 1.05 to 1.02 range. But 90% time it failed to get matched, I wasted too many time on it but no luck yet. Please help me. i really want to match my stakes on below 1.05 odds .
Thanks, its always good to hear they are helping ppl, in regards to your question the lower you try to back at the harder it is to get matched as the odds will shorten very quick now, even if your placing the stake at 1.01 and triggering it when the odds reach 1.05 apart from increasing the odds its triggered at theres not much more you can do due to the in-play delay on all bets and the speed at which the odds will be falling by now.
Akiee

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 pm
Akiee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 am
Dear Dallas,

Thanks, its always good to hear they are helping ppl, in regards to your question the lower you try to back at the harder it is to get matched as the odds will shorten very quick now, even if your placing the stake at 1.01 and triggering it when the odds reach 1.05 apart from increasing the odds its triggered at theres not much more you can do due to the in-play delay on all bets and the speed at which the odds will be falling by now.
I got it brother, btw do you have any tips for me to get match lower odds? i just wanna make some guaranteed profit for long term at least (i know there is no guaranteed profit in gambling but i just wanna reduce my loss ):) thanks in advance
Dallas

Akiee wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:31 pm
I got it brother, btw do you have any tips for me to get match lower odds? i just wanna make some guaranteed profit for long term at least (i know there is no guaranteed profit in gambling but i just wanna reduce my loss ):) thanks in advance
Im not sure what you mean here - getting matched at lower odds will reduce your potential profit not reduce your loss

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”