Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

It will always match at the best price - this is done by Betfair and no way around it

First there is a 1sec delay on all in-play bets during which time the odds could of gone anywhere after a bet was triggered. Even without this delay the odds move all over the place in the final moments of a race so they could go from 1.10, 1.43, 1.89, 1.31, 2.80 all within the same second - so if you trigger a bet at 1.10 (when the odds are below 1.15) what your matched at is irrelevent - weather its matched @ 1.10 or 2.8 the out come of the race will be the same, your potential loss will be the same just by being lucky enough to be matched at the best odds you get a higher payoff than expected

Its a bit like walking into a bookies with a minute to go on a football match and asking for 2/1 the leading team wins but the bookie offers 6/1 - why would you not take it? Nothing about the underlying match is any different except your getting a higher reward for the exact same risk.
Akiee

Dear Dallas,

First of all thank you so much for such a useful Automation rules . and i need help. I always set back odds for 1.05 to 1.02 range. But 90% time it failed to get matched, I wasted too many time on it but no luck yet. Please help me. i really want to match my stakes on below 1.05 odds .
Dallas

Akiee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 am
Dear Dallas,

First of all thank you so much for such a useful Automation rules . and i need help. I always set back odds for 1.05 to 1.02 range. But 90% time it failed to get matched, I wasted too many time on it but no luck yet. Please help me. i really want to match my stakes on below 1.05 odds .
Thanks, its always good to hear they are helping ppl, in regards to your question the lower you try to back at the harder it is to get matched as the odds will shorten very quick now, even if your placing the stake at 1.01 and triggering it when the odds reach 1.05 apart from increasing the odds its triggered at theres not much more you can do due to the in-play delay on all bets and the speed at which the odds will be falling by now.
Akiee

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 pm
Akiee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 am
Dear Dallas,

Thanks, its always good to hear they are helping ppl, in regards to your question the lower you try to back at the harder it is to get matched as the odds will shorten very quick now, even if your placing the stake at 1.01 and triggering it when the odds reach 1.05 apart from increasing the odds its triggered at theres not much more you can do due to the in-play delay on all bets and the speed at which the odds will be falling by now.
I got it brother, btw do you have any tips for me to get match lower odds? i just wanna make some guaranteed profit for long term at least (i know there is no guaranteed profit in gambling but i just wanna reduce my loss ):) thanks in advance
Dallas

Akiee wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:31 pm
I got it brother, btw do you have any tips for me to get match lower odds? i just wanna make some guaranteed profit for long term at least (i know there is no guaranteed profit in gambling but i just wanna reduce my loss ):) thanks in advance
Im not sure what you mean here - getting matched at lower odds will reduce your potential profit not reduce your loss
jasben

hi Dallas.Im a newbie been doing a lot of reading on this forum looking for an answer maybe there is not one. i have bee trading races in/play and using the bot as get me out of jail card if needed the problem i have is when it backs 2 or 3 three horses at 1.55 1.4 1.2 or whatever short price what id like to know is there a rule i can add we say if 3 horses get matched only 1 wins can i add a rule that will lay the other 2 on the drift thanks in advance.jasben
Dallas

jasben wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:57 am
hi Dallas.Im a newbie been doing a lot of reading on this forum looking for an answer maybe there is not one. i have bee trading races in/play and using the bot as get me out of jail card if needed the problem i have is when it backs 2 or 3 three horses at 1.55 1.4 1.2 or whatever short price what id like to know is there a rule i can add we say if 3 horses get matched only 1 wins can i add a rule that will lay the other 2 on the drift thanks in advance.jasben
Yes you could add a lay rule to your automation file to do this but depending on how/when you intend to trigger it i would probs advise against it
jasben

would there be any point putting in a trade back to lay instead of a straight back to win. Not to loose is my target tried a stop/loss at 1.66 end up in deeper smelly stuff thanks anyway
Frogmella

Firstly, let me remind people that I'm no expert, but my recent experience has taught me that trying to use automation rules to get you out of a bad position near the end of the race is FRAUGHT with hazard. As an example, recently I was heading for a £5 loss on a race, thats all, just a fiver. Once my automated "get out of jail free" rules triggered in the dying seconds, my £5 loss morphed into a £103 loss. Bugger.

It wasn't because my rules were wrongly conceived, I didn't appreciate that my auto bets might not get matched in the crazy volatility at the end of the race.

Bet Angel Automation can only fire bets at the market, Betfair is doing the matching. You should only really use automation in-play to get you out of the market in good time to avoid the fireworks, even then, things like stops can be left unmatched if there is rapid price movement (e.g. a faller) or insufficient liquidity. You have to have a plan to deal with it when it happens.
jasben

ye had a few of them not nice is there a profit/loss for practice mode please i anybody could tell me thanks
Dallas

jasben wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm
ye had a few of them not nice is there a profit/loss for practice mode please i anybody could tell me thanks
Think this is what your looking for
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11349
jasben

there s not a secret bar in there somewhere as well :lol:
rayhigh

Hi all

I've re-visited this bot after a trying it a few months ago, unsuccessfully! I made a few adjustments over the last week until I had something that looked like it might have an edge.

On Easter Sunday out of 37 races it fired 15 times and had a 100% success rate, the 'likely winner' did indeed go on to win.

On Easter Monday out of the 67 races it fired 25 times but only in 16 did the 'likely winner' actually win, the 2nd fav going on to win on 9 other races and producing a loss.

Such a big variation, admitted on only a 2 day sample but makes me wonder about how in play odds work.

How do BF get their in-running odds to work, do they have people at the track with phones feeding the race info to HQ?

Regards... Ray
Frogmella

I think the massive volatility of in-play odds makes it very difficult for any automation rules to produce a profit over time.

Because the odds dance around so rapidly it can be impossible to get auto bets matched near the end of the race or after a horse has stumbled or fallen at a fence (especially when you want to limit a loss). In my, admittedly limited, experience it is this inability to be sure of a trade EXIT, in-play, that is the biggest obstacle. You'll get matched much of the time, maybe even the vast majority of the time but its when you don't get matched and perhaps your lay bet on the sunsequent winner stays uncovered, that wipes out any profit you might have made.

I'm still tinkering about with automation myself, there's always another rule you can add, but I suspect I'm wasting my time.
ShaunWhite

rayhigh wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am
How do BF get their in-running odds to work, do they have people at the track with phones feeding the race info to HQ?
Betfair have nothing to do with the available odds in running or at any other time. They're not market makers.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”