Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

Sounds like the odds are dropping so quick its triggering both as it passes, If your first bet is using the fixed odds condition to trigger at less than 1.99 and your second bet uses one to trigger at less than 1.80

Go back to the first and add another fixed odds condition is greater than 1.81

That should allow only one or the other to trigger, obviously depending on your exact prices your using the above may have to be slightly different but you ll get the idea.

Also adding in a fill or kill bet time condition with 2-3secs will ensure further bets cant be triggered in close succession which can sometimes happen when using the unmatched bets condition due to the 1 sec in-play delay a 2nd can still be triggered before the first reaches and shows in the market.
buddypeach

Brilliant, thank you, I'll give it a go.
ddbgoms

Dallas wrote:Yes you just need to add a single new rule type (dont need to create mulitple ones) by clicking on the green plus icon and add the following (or if you dont want to back the fav as wel and just want to lay the others remove the back rule type by highlighting it and clicking on the green minus icon).

General
"Place a lay bet"
set your times
Trigger 5 times (or how ever many your likely to be laying at the most)
Applies to "ANY"

Parameters
Place at "Best Market price"
stake (I would recomend staking by liability rather than fixed stake)

Conditions
"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "By poisition (sorted in order of favourtism) 1"
Back price
is "Less" than 1.25

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "ANY"
Lay price
is "Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "ANY"
Lay price
is "Less" than 30.0

"Matched bets condition"
Number of matched bets on selection equal to 0

"Unmatched bets condition"
Number of Unmatched bets on selection equal to 0

Obvioustly try in practice mode first to make sure but that should do it
Hi Dallas. I created an automation to match exactly the above, and placed it running in practice mode. It worked ok for 5 races, firing 3 times where the criteria was met, and laying dormant on 2 others.

However, things then went south.

On one race, it placed a £166.67 lay bet at odds of 1.06 on a runner (which went onto win, meaning I theoretically lost the £10 liability). In another race, it placed 2 lay bets - one £47.62 at odds of 1.21 and a second on the same horse for £52.63. This horse also won, meaning I had a liability and theoretical loss of over £15.00. Luckily, only practice mode, but it did make me worry a bit.

I don't quite understand where it went wrong? It is laying on odds well below 5, even though there is a condition that it must be >5 but <20 in my case. It also laid the same horse more than once, and in one case, the automation fired 6 times when only 5 were specified.

I realise this is a long shot to some extent, but any thoughts on what may have happened?

I've taken screenshots from the log and automation file if they would help in any way?
Dallas

If you can attach the rule to start with ill have a look at that, under certain circumstances even with the unmatched bets condition the in-play delay can mean 2 or more bets can still be submitted if you dont have the correct re-arm times etc, but there should be no reason why it triggers 6 times if its only set to trigger 5.
ddbgoms

Thanks for your kind offer of help.

File attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Here you go, those instructions where given several months ago before the introduction of signals which is now a much better and cleaner way of achieving this so i have modified it slightly and used the signals to set a signal on the market and another on the actual 1st runner below 1.25 - the runners without this signal set which are also trading between 5.0 and 30.0 will then be layed.

I have only tested on 1 race but worked fine, let me know if you have any problems or there is something you dont understand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddbgoms

I've compared the two files, and see the signal part. I'm sure I have seen a signal thread so will go and read it to try and understand what the signal criteria mean.

Dallas, cannot thank you enough for your time and effort :D
Dallas

No problem, these links should help with understanding how the signals work and can be used when building automation files.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11943
http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sign ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Couple of links in the OP of this thread to automation files that have been built around signals
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
rayhigh

Hi ddbgoms

Are you able to share with us the results you've been getting with your 'Lay when 1 horse below 1.35.baf' file?

Thanks... Ray
tylerdurden

Hi Dallas,

My very first post here on BA forum.. First of all, thank you for your help here.

Since I am a newbie to automated trading, I'm still trying to figure out different strategies and using guardian to create automated strategies.

I was wondering if something could be set up to BACK four horses or less when their odds fall to 4.4. So basically thats dutching four horses at 4.4.

And to tweak it somewhat, we could place a time restriction for the automation to kick in lets say 40 seconds into the race.

Your help would be appreciated!
Dallas

When creating each rule type on the general tab you specify at what times you want the rule to be active for so in this case you would arm it at 00:00:40 after event goes in-play till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (which will ensure its active to the end of the race).

If your using several different rules within a automation file then each can use the same or different times.

You can place a back bet on as many horses are you want first by specifing the number of times you want it to trigger (4)

Then to ensure the same horse is not backed more than once include the condtions
'Number of matched bets condtion'
on 'seletion'
is 'equal' to 0

and to place the bets at when below 4.4 (or any odds you choose) include the condtion
'Fixed odds condtion'
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'less' than 4.4
tylerdurden

Dallas wrote:When creating each rule type on the general tab you specify at what times you want the rule to be active for so in this case you would arm it at 00:00:40 after event goes in-play till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (which will ensure its active to the end of the race).

If your using several different rules within a automation file then each can use the same or different times.

You can place a back bet on as many horses are you want first by specifing the number of times you want it to trigger (4)

Then to ensure the same horse is not backed more than once include the condtions
'Number of matched bets condtion'
on 'seletion'
is 'equal' to 0

and to place the bets at when below 4.4 (or any odds you choose) include the condtion
'Fixed odds condtion'
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'less' than 4.4

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes thats pretty much what I had configured. I have also added the following:

'Number of UNmatched bets condition'
on 'selection'
is 'equal' to 0

I hope that would add more finesse to our strategy.
armona1

i have downloaded this bot and been testing it for the past couple of days (broke even) not made any changes and on a few races i have been matched at 1.44 & 1.45 even as high as 2.1, then some times it doesnt match then when it drifts it matches on its way out is this just because of the speed of the odds changing once bet angel places the trade or am i doing something wrong
Dallas

Betfair impose a 1 second delay on all in-play bets so its a combination of that and the volitile momevement off odd at this late stage of a race
armona1

thanks dallas, i presonaly feel this strategy wont work long term as you have to have 5 to 1 in your favour to break even, but i am only a newbie so any advice from experienced people will be much appreciated.
cheers mate

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”