Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

When creating each rule type on the general tab you specify at what times you want the rule to be active for so in this case you would arm it at 00:00:40 after event goes in-play till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (which will ensure its active to the end of the race).

If your using several different rules within a automation file then each can use the same or different times.

You can place a back bet on as many horses are you want first by specifing the number of times you want it to trigger (4)

Then to ensure the same horse is not backed more than once include the condtions
'Number of matched bets condtion'
on 'seletion'
is 'equal' to 0

and to place the bets at when below 4.4 (or any odds you choose) include the condtion
'Fixed odds condtion'
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'less' than 4.4
tylerdurden

Dallas wrote:When creating each rule type on the general tab you specify at what times you want the rule to be active for so in this case you would arm it at 00:00:40 after event goes in-play till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (which will ensure its active to the end of the race).

If your using several different rules within a automation file then each can use the same or different times.

You can place a back bet on as many horses are you want first by specifing the number of times you want it to trigger (4)

Then to ensure the same horse is not backed more than once include the condtions
'Number of matched bets condtion'
on 'seletion'
is 'equal' to 0

and to place the bets at when below 4.4 (or any odds you choose) include the condtion
'Fixed odds condtion'
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'less' than 4.4

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes thats pretty much what I had configured. I have also added the following:

'Number of UNmatched bets condition'
on 'selection'
is 'equal' to 0

I hope that would add more finesse to our strategy.
armona1

i have downloaded this bot and been testing it for the past couple of days (broke even) not made any changes and on a few races i have been matched at 1.44 & 1.45 even as high as 2.1, then some times it doesnt match then when it drifts it matches on its way out is this just because of the speed of the odds changing once bet angel places the trade or am i doing something wrong
Dallas

Betfair impose a 1 second delay on all in-play bets so its a combination of that and the volitile momevement off odd at this late stage of a race
armona1

thanks dallas, i presonaly feel this strategy wont work long term as you have to have 5 to 1 in your favour to break even, but i am only a newbie so any advice from experienced people will be much appreciated.
cheers mate
greety

Hi Guys (Dallas).
Is it possible to amend this bot so it applies to just the first and second favourite?
I can see it is a Fixed Odds condition and it applies to row 1 so could it accommodate two horses?
Thanks
Dallas

greety wrote:Hi Guys (Dallas).
Is it possible to amend this bot so it applies to just the first and second favourite?
I can see it is a Fixed Odds condition and it applies to row 1 so could it accommodate two horses?
Thanks
By default the fav is identified by the runner with the lowest best back price so which ever runner trades at or below 1.35 which will alway be the fav at that moment in time.

Or do you mean the pre race fav and 2nd fav?
greety

Sorry Dallas.
Yes, the pre race first and second faves.
Dallas

greety wrote:Sorry Dallas.
Yes, the pre race first and second faves.
If you just add a rule type 'Fix market order' and set it to trigger at the off it will remember the order of all runners as they are for all the race.

Then just duplicate the orignal back bet rule thats there already (by clicking on the two green arrows) and change the applies to section to 'Betfair order of Fav 2'
(double check the fixed odds cond has also chnaged to this for that rule)

That should do it
greety

Once again Dallas, a big thank you.
Willygubbins

Hi,

I have been experiment with a simelar bot, it lays multiple bets scaling down the odds from 1.25 to 1.10 in an attempt to grab some of the faster odds movements i would be happy to share it. The problem i am having is it just fails to place the bets altogether, unmatched bets due to fast dropping odds i can understand but there is not bets even being placed in the log. any advise would be greatfully accepted, as i type this i have literally just watched a a 1m4f listed that i can see no reason why the bets would have been placed. thanks in advance john.
Dallas

There should nt be any issues with laying as the odds fall, if there lower than what they where triggered at you will be matched at that price.

Have a look at this thread which details where to start when isolating problems with automation triggers, if your not able to solve after following this then post back with some further details of your set up
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12557
Willygubbins

Thanks for the response, shortly after posting i found that i had the active times completely f**ked up........
pedromanuelfdz

Hi Dallas

What about modifying the bot with a greening offset (let’s say 7 ticks) after the back bet so we won’t risk the horse match 1.01 and then lose the race?
What would be the chances of getting matched?

Thanks in advance
Dallas

pedromanuelfdz wrote:Hi Dallas

What about modifying the bot with a greening offset (let’s say 7 ticks) after the back bet so we won’t risk the horse match 1.01 and then lose the race?
What would be the chances of getting matched?

Thanks in advance
If the horse goes onto win you ll always be matched, but there will be many times when your offset is queued behind so much money at 1.01 that even when the price trades at it its still not matched before drifting back out.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”