Scalping the IR Fav Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets

The bot will Scalp which ever horse is trading at the shortest price during In-Running.

If the WOM is greater than 55% on the back side It will place a £10 fill or kill Back bet which will be offset by 3 ticks with greening if matched.
Once greened up it will repeat the above process up to 5 times.

Should any offset part not be matched a close with greening order is submitted if the amount exceeds -£5.00 and the rule is disabled for the remainder of the race.

To use the file just click on the Scalping the IR Fav.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duggs

I played this bot on all the races yesterday for £2 and lost 24p however the strike rate is excellent it is only 3 horses whose closing lay bet was not matched which lead to the loss was wondering if add a stop trigger would help profitability

A Question for Dallas I am thinking on Global Settings adding a stop trigger of 5 place at 5
Do you think that will work ? Will it mess up the bot in anyway ?
PeterLe

duggs wrote:I played this bot on all the races yesterday for £2 and lost 24p however the strike rate is excellent it is only 3 horses whose closing lay bet was not matched which lead to the loss was wondering if add a stop trigger would help profitability

A Question for Dallas I am thinking on Global Settings adding a stop trigger of 5 place at 5
Just to add; sometimes a break even can be useful too..
Ie helps with churn (commission and also the Betfair Cashrace) :D
Dallas

duggs wrote:I played this bot on all the races yesterday for £2 and lost 24p however the strike rate is excellent it is only 3 horses whose closing lay bet was not matched which lead to the loss was wondering if add a stop trigger would help profitability

You would do this by the global setting within the actual rule (not on the top ribbon of main screen), follow the editing instructions in the OP click on the parameters and the global settings are located there.

You could also consider using a close if £X loss is reached or should the offset lay not be matched within X secs its closed at the best current price so that further scalping can commence.

Possibilities are endless, as with all rules posted applied to every race exactly as they are will result in a loss long term - they are shared to give users a starting block and ideas to build on and add there own parts and conditions as they develop it.
gypsydan

Hi, Complete noob question here, What does WOM abbreviate too :oops: ?

Also, If the bet greens up 3 or 4 times throughout the race, Is the last profit shown a calculation of all green profit or would that be the last green up profit on the race.

Thanks in advance
LeTiss

WOM = Weight of Money (Money wanting to back vs Money wanting to lay)

The Green figure column shows the overall picture of your current P+L, so it won't be showing the last of 4 greens, it will be showing the total greens minus total reds
PantherSports

You could also consider using a close if £X loss is reached or should the offset lay not be matched within X secs its closed at the best current price so that further scalping can commence.
I tried several settings within Guardian but didn't find the correct settings for your above suggestions. Can you give me a hint how to implement to close the position when a set loss is reached or how to close a offset unmatched lay bet with Guardian rules?
Thank you very much for your help.
Dallas

PantherSports wrote:I tried several settings within Guardian but didn't find the correct settings for your above suggestions. Can you give me a hint how to implement to close the position when a set loss is reached or how to close a offset unmatched lay bet with Guardian rules?
Thank you very much for your help.
You can follow the instructions from this thread in the FAQ section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Or download the profit and loss bot from here and copy the contents from this file
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11407
PantherSports

Hi Dallas,
thank you for your help. Another question to this bot: How can I close an unmatched 'offset with greening' after a specific time? For example I want to close an unmatched offset Lay bet (to an matched back bet before) to the best available price after 10 seconds.
Dallas

Yes it can be done by adding a "Close trade on selection (with or without greening)" or "Green all selections" and adding the condition
"Fill or Kill bet time condition"
time since is greater than X secs

You do have to be careful with the timings used though so things dont start tripping over each other - make sure your original fill or kill bet re-arm time and klll time and this condition are all in sync (best trying in practice mode till you know it works in all situations)
Niko

Like this one Dallas, many thanks!

Quick question, if I wanted to lay the fave 3 ticks under best market price with a back at the best market price could I modify this rule please?
Dallas

Niko wrote:Like this one Dallas, many thanks!

Quick question, if I wanted to lay the fave 3 ticks under best market price with a back at the best market price could I modify this rule please?
Do you mean place both bets at the same time? as it already places a back then offsets at 3 ticks if matched.

If so then you just need to untick the fill/kill box on the parameters tab.
Niko

Probably confusing the issue, want to place a lay bet three ticks under the current lay best price with a corrosponding back bet at the currently trading best back price, if that makes sense.
Dallas

If you untick the fill/kill box on the parameters tab thats what will happen already, if you want the lay placing first then the back bet placing only if/when the lay is matched then you will need to do the following instead

Change the rule type from 'place back bet' to 'place lay bet' on the general tab
and on paramters use
'Place at' Custom ticks below best reverse price 3 ticks

and leave everything else as it is
Niko

Dallas wrote:If you untick the fill/kill box on the parameters tab thats what will happen already, if you want the lay placing first then the back bet placing only if/when the lay is matched then you will need to do the following instead

Change the rule type from 'place back bet' to 'place lay bet' on the general tab
and on paramters use
'Place at' Custom ticks below best reverse price 3 ticks

and leave everything else as it is
Hero! :D

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”