Target a Runner or Selection Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets but can be adapted to use on almost any market

It is a straight forward bot that uses the new signal feature to target a runner, 1 sec into the race it puts a signal on the 3rd fav and if that runner becomes fav during the race it places a back bet of £10 on it - otherwise it does nothing.

Even before building onto this rule and adding any further parameters or condtions in addition to the above task there is so many variations it can be used for just by changing the selection it applies to for example.

Signal the Fav and lay if it becomes 2nd or 3rd fav during the race
Signal a Nominated Selection and back or lay if its order of favourtism becomes X (ie, back if becomes fav or lay if becomes 5th fav)
Signal a outsider and lay if becomes fav
and so on....

To use the file just click on the Targer a Runner or Selection.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ricardodeano

Morning Dallas

This simple use of signals looks like it has great potential so has got me rather excited :)

I have a query about how I could achieve something though. I've attached a file whereby I back the first and second favourites in a race - what I would like to do is say something like "Ok, if both the favourite and 2nd favourite drop out of the first three, then green up / close all bets on the market"

Now, the current example probably won't do that. Hope would I go about effectively saying "If favourite now has a position > 3 AND the 2nd favourite has a position > 3, green up (for a loss!)"

Does that make sense?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Ill download and check the file soon as i turn BA on in next hr or two
Dallas

Hi Ricardodeano

Just had quick look at the file, even with the use of signals there is nt a way to specify a selection has to be > or < in order of favourtism so you would need to set up several close options (one for each poisition)
So you would have
Close trade on selection with greening
if fav has pos of 3
then add another
if fav has pos of 4
and so on.... then repeat that for the 2nd fav

It maybe worth adding it as a suggestion if its something you feel would be of benefit.

Just as a seperate foot note if your setting any signal when a bet or close, green up etc is being triggered you can set the signal using that rule rather than creating a seperate rule.

So rather than have "Set signal on fav" rule type if you go on to the signal tab of "Back Fav" and set your target signal from there - it just means you can have less rule types and you know the signal will set the moment that rule triggers and on the correct selection etc.
ricardodeano

Hi Dallas, thanks for the response.
Dallas wrote:
Just had quick look at the file, even with the use of signals there is nt a way to specify a selection has to be > or < in order of favourtism so you would need to set up several close options (one for each poisition)
So you would have
if fav has pos of 3
then add another
if fav has pos of 4
and so on.... then repeat that for the 2nd fav
I thought that might be the case but thanks for confirming this.
Dallas wrote: So rather than have "Set signal on fav" rule type if you go on to the signal tab of "Back Fav" and set your target signal from there - it just means you can have less rule types and you know the signal will set the moment that rule triggers and on the correct selection etc.
Riiiiiight...that now makes sense! I now I feel a little stupid :oops:

Never mind :D
MickyB

Thanks for the update guys. It looks promising.

Could you explain how to set it up to lay the 1st fave it it drops into 3rd please?

Thanks
Dallas

MickyB wrote:Thanks for the update guys. It looks promising.

Could you explain how to set it up to lay the 1st fave it it drops into 3rd please?

Thanks
Its just a case of reversing the "applies to" on both rule types

On the rule type "Set Signal on target" on the General tab
change
"Applies to Selection" by position sorted in order of favourtism 3
to
"Applies to Selection" by position sorted in order of favourtism 1

Then on the rule type "Back if becomes Fav" (Rename and change to "Place Lay Bet")
and change
to

That will do it ;)
MickyB

Thanks Dallas.

There is also a condition in the "back if becomes fav." Its "signal set condition" would this need changing from "current position in 3" to "current position in 1" ?
Dallas

It should be Pos 3 and alter automatically when you change the "Applies to" but if it does not change then you will need to set that to Pos 3 as well
endzone964

Hey guys,
is there any qualifies as a, for example,track length, number of runners and so on...
thanks!
Dallas

endzone964 wrote:Hey guys,
is there any qualifies as a, for example,track length, number of runners and so on...
thanks!
Yes either or both these can be added in the conditions or are you asking for some suggestions on which values to use?
boardrep

Fabulous work as ever particularly this time on the new 'Signals' feature Dallas ...Thank you for sharing the templates ,I'm having great fun playing with the variables :D ...who needs a playstation !! Thanks again
Board
Duderino

Thanks Dallas.

Is it possible to have Bet Angel running doing my normal stuff and have it running a second time in Practice mode running some 'target' experiments?

Duder
MickyB

Dallas wrote:
MickyB wrote:Thanks for the update guys. It looks promising.

Thanks
Its just a case of reversing the "applies to" on both rule types

On the rule type "Set Signal on target" on the General tab
change
to

Then on the rule type "Back if becomes Fav" (Rename and change to "Place Lay Bet")
and change
to

That will do it ;)
Dallas,

If I want to target the 1st fave but only if it falls between an odds range do I add the "fixed odds condition" to the "set signal rule"?

Thanks
Dallas

If your still doing target fav and lay when 3rd or similar put the 'fixed odds cond' on the lay rule. Remember to use two of these conds one for greater and one for less than.

P.S good to have you back ;)

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”