Odds Difference Between 1st and 2nd Fav Automation Bot

Willygubbins

Haha! yeah, I had a go at putting it together but the lay doesn't seem to trigger, I changed it to the 2nd fav as i thought there would be more chance of it triggering but still no joy. I have attached the rules file so you can see what I have f**ked up. cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Do you want it to do its original job as well as these new parts on the 3rd fav if it falls within your criteria?
Willygubbins

yes i would like it to back the fav and lay the 3rd/2nd
Dallas

Try this file in practice mode to see if it does as you want, all i have done is used the signal set when the fav is bac ked to trigger the lays on 2nd/3rd fav (should there criteria fit) hopefully that will work how you want rather than re-writing most of the signals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

Thanks Dallas, i notice nothing is input in the signals section of both the lay rules? is this correct, was my attempt too f**cked to tweak? lol.
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:Thanks Dallas, i notice nothing is input in the signals section of both the lay rules? is this correct, was my attempt too f**cked to tweak? lol.
Thats correct there is nothing for these to signal, both are triggered from the back bets signal.
TBH i did nt look at yours just thought it would be quick to start with the one i knew rather than unpick what you has done and check all scenarios but it was possibly 99% right and only had a simple confliction stopping it :)

I have just thought as a safety precaustion on both the 2nd/3rd fav add the following condition;
Number of place bet triggers condition
On Selection
is equal to 0

(just to prevent the same one being layed twice in some circumstances)
Willygubbins

i did want the lays to trigger slightly later than the back bet....., so that horse had drifted a little.
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:i did want the lays to trigger slightly later than the back bet....., so that horse had drifted a little.
How much later as this was nt in your original request? are you refering to time or as the odds drift?

I have just revised the file and added it to the same post a little further up to include the place bet triggers and fav below 2.2 which i noticed i missed out originally
Willygubbins

ok, originally i wanted the 3rd favourite to have lay bet placed on it once it had once it had been consistanly 3 odds higher than the favourite for 5 secs(same principle as the original bot) and the favourite had dropped below 2.2 odds, this why the signals seem perfect as it was not dependant on the back being placed or the 2 odds gap between 1st and 2nd, so potentially horse C can be laid due to its gap with horse A, but horse A has not yet had the back bet from horse B as they are still close im odds, then horse B steams past horse A and has a back bet triggered and wins, hope that makes sense as a scenareo. I was also considering adding the "lay outsider after a good run" to it as well as this seems to not trigger that often even with the sp dropped to 10, however i have added a wom condition to it.
Willygubbins

also regarding time, i understand i can delay the time it starts with in the inplay time but is there any way it can trigger only in the last quarter of a race? i suspect not, but worth an ask,
Dallas

The way i set it up was the original bot backs the fav after being 2 odds shorter than the 2nd fav for 5 consecutive secs, then added to this it would lay the 2nd fav at the same time (or as soon as its WOM is > 60% afterwards) as you never gave any seperate instrutions for the 2nd fav exacpt for the WOM cond.

For the 3rd fav i used 3 fixed odds cond one that the fav was <2.2 the other that 3rd fav was >5.2 (meaning at least 3 odds) also another fixed odds cond that 3rd fav was <10.0 and also its WOM >60%

So basically there has to be 2 or more odds between fav and 2nd fav and 3 odds between fav and 3rd fav for it to trigger (2.2 - 5.22, with a max of 10.0 on 2nd fav).

It can be made to use a completly seperate timer for the 3rd fav but would also require a few more mods as the original fav/2nd fav etc could of completly changed and the same runner that was fav and 2 odds shorter than 2nd fav for 5 secs could different to the one thats 3 odds shorter than 3rd fav for 5 secs with its additional conditions?
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:also regarding time, i understand i can delay the time it starts with in the inplay time but is there any way it can trigger only in the last quarter of a race? i suspect not, but worth an ask,
It can't know when a point in the race is reached you would need to appliy different times depending on the race lengh and for this you would need the average time for that distance and work out how long it would take to cover 75% then arm the bot at that time.
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Willygubbins wrote:also regarding time, i understand i can delay the time it starts with in the inplay time but is there any way it can trigger only in the last quarter of a race? i suspect not, but worth an ask,
It can't know when a point in the race is reached you would need to appliy different times depending on the race lengh and for this you would need the average time for that distance and work out how long it would take to cover 75% then arm the bot at that time.
Hi there, just a quick little snippet that may help. I tackled this issue of distance in a generic way quite a while ago. You can find an example of a rule that uses distance as the trigger by navigating here and looking for the attachment in one of my replies: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12581&p=106456&hil ... ag#p106456

You will of course need to modify the distances for your 75% mark as i think I only did it for 25%, 50% and 90% of the distances. Easy enough to figure out and add for a fully generic solution.
Willygubbins

Hi Jim is this the file, B2L with distance flags v1.0.baf? thanks
Willygubbins

also on a side note, if i have multiple instances of betangel open, can i run 2 different bots on the same race, one from each instance? or will this not function correctly? clearly anything that involves greening up could be problamatic.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”