Lay the Field II Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a Guardian advanced automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets.

This bot is an alternative way to lay the field, rather than lay all selections in advance at pre-defined odds instead this bot waits for each runner to trade at or below the set odds of 1.75 then places a £10 lay bet.

It will only trigger on races which have a fav with a SP greater than 2.2 – This is done by setting a signal on the fav if its SP is above 2.2, this signal being set then determines if the lay rule will trigger later in the race. The ‘Number of place bet triggers condition’ is used to prevent the same runner being layed more than once.

The advantage of Laying the Field this way is if a runner smashes straight through these odds the lay will be triggered and placed at 1.75 but during Betfair’s 1sec in-play delay on all bets if the odds continue to shorten then you will actually be matched at much lower odds (remember Betfair always match at the best price available when a bet does reach the market).

The only downside is there may be times when a runner just touches the odds set and by the time the lay is triggered and placed if the odds have drifted straight back out the bet may be missed.

To use the file just click on the Lay the Field II.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.
Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
givemeginandtonic

Hi Dallas,
thanks for all your posts and amazing bots you've made.
I'm a noob and just getting into this, however, I realise that you're not necessarily posting 'instant winning black-box systems' - they're building blocks for us to tweak and perfect where we can. Much appreciated.

Just a thought on this - has anyone trialled this one in a consistent manner? under these conditions, typically, how many horses trigger the lay bet? I realise you only need two to make a profit....

thanks in advance :)
stemiller78

Dallas. Hopefully you can help me. Im having a brain freeze day. I want to lay runners between say odds of 5 and 15. Leaving the 'Favourites' to battle it out. If I put fixed odds condition of 15 and set a condition I cant seem to make it work! Help!

Cheers
Steve
Dallas

stemiller78 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm
Dallas. Hopefully you can help me. Im having a brain freeze day. I want to lay runners between say odds of 5 and 15. Leaving the 'Favourites' to battle it out. If I put fixed odds condition of 15 and set a condition I cant seem to make it work! Help!

Cheers
Steve
You'll likely need two fixed odds conditions to do this. How many runners do you want to lay? and what's the lowest pos you want to lay 3rd/4th fav?
stemiller78

Thanks Dallas.

Probably lay from 4th Fav or at odds 7 upwards to about 20. Am I right in thinking:

Lay price Fixed odds is greater than 6.8 and Fixed odds condition Selections Back price Is less than 21?
Would Targeting a runner using another of your automations maybe do the trick too? Thinking maybe target 1st to 4th favourites and if they drift to say odds of 8-9 then place a lay bet on them? Trying to capture the golden goose of laying all the losers and backing the winner and maximising the opportunity of doing this.

Thanks again Dallas
Dallas

stemiller78 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:39 pm
Thanks Dallas.

Probably lay from 4th Fav or at odds 7 upwards to about 20. Am I right in thinking:

Lay price Fixed odds is greater than 6.8 and Fixed odds condition Selections Back price Is less than 21?
Would Targeting a runner using another of your automations maybe do the trick too? Thinking maybe target 1st to 4th favourites and if they drift to say odds of 8-9 then place a lay bet on them? Trying to capture the golden goose of laying all the losers and backing the winner and maximising the opportunity of doing this.

Thanks again Dallas
you could say selections back or lay price greater than 6.8 but it would be far safer to use selections lay price is less than 21 (its possible a selections back price could be 15 and its lay price 400 so it would be dangerous to use back price is less than in this situation)

There is a few other bots thats probs closer to what you want to do and would therefore be easier to modify, bur it depends if you just want to lay 4th fav upwards that are between these odds at a certain point in the race or only target runners who were fav as they now drift out etc
stemiller78

Thanks as always Dallas
'There is a few other bots thats probs closer to what you want to do and would therefore be easier to modify, bur it depends if you just want to lay 4th fav upwards that are between these odds at a certain point in the race or only target runners who were fav as they now drift out etc'
For the drifting favourites you mean? Which Bot would do that?

Apologies!
Dallas

stemiller78 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm
Thanks as always Dallas
'There is a few other bots thats probs closer to what you want to do and would therefore be easier to modify, bur it depends if you just want to lay 4th fav upwards that are between these odds at a certain point in the race or only target runners who were fav as they now drift out etc'
For the drifting favourites you mean? Which Bot would do that?

Apologies!
This one would be best to start with
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52&t=12359
welshred85

Hi Dallas

looking to set up a BOT that places a lay trade in the market after 30 seconds of the race (depending on the race length) on any horse between the odds of 15 - 25.

You mentioned above that it would be safer to use less than 21 rather than over 6.8? would this then trigger a lay bet on the winning horse as the odds would be below 21?

is there a way to set betangel to trigger a lay bet after x amount of time inplay if the odds are between 15-25. Once a bet is matched no longer tirgger bets for that horse?

I have looked at BOTS that are simular but cant seem to figure out how to get the odds range correct. Sorry if this has been covered elswhere.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

" is there a way to set betangel to trigger a lay bet after x amount of time inplay if the odds are between 15-25. Once a bet is matched no longer tirgger bets for that horse?"

Using a lay bet rule applied to 'ANY' selection with the following three conditions will do this

'Number of place bets triggers condition'
On selection
Is equal to 0

That will limit it to one trigger per selection

and 2 x 'Fixed odds conditions' to create the odds range you want, using the following settings;

On the first one
Selections back price
is greater than 15

and on the second one
Selections lay price
is less than 25
welshred85

thanks for getting back to me. will give it a go :)
jimmymuscle

Hi Dallas

Still new to this, but enjoying working my way through different ideas and automations.
On this Lay the field II, I am lokking for a way to only allow it to fire if the are at least 2 horses trading in play at say 2.0.

My idea being that it should avoid triggering if just one horse steams off and the others cant get close resulting in just one horse being matched.

Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Loving your work

Thanks
James
Archery1969

jimmymuscle wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
Hi Dallas

Still new to this, but enjoying working my way through different ideas and automations.
On this Lay the field II, I am lokking for a way to only allow it to fire if the are at least 2 horses trading in play at say 2.0.

My idea being that it should avoid triggering if just one horse steams off and the others cant get close resulting in just one horse being matched.

Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Loving your work

Thanks
James
In theory you would never have two horses trading at 2.0. You might have one at 2.0 and one at 2.5 etc.
jimmymuscle

Thanks for the reply, what would you suggest is the best way to look at it, to try stop it firing on only one runner.

Thanks
James
Archery1969

jimmymuscle wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:03 pm
Thanks for the reply, what would you suggest is the best way to look at it, to try stop it firing on only one runner.

Thanks
James
2 selections < 3 odds and back book% > 120%

Plus

There a certain tracks where horse < 2 often gets done over by 2nd or 3rd favourite in the odds.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”