Scalp the Field In Running Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Richard100 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 am
Hi.

I changed the Rule Trigger Times to stop after 3 minutes and the Global Settings to 5 ticks offset and Fill/Kill to 10 seconds. I did this for each rule for the 10 rows. Also, the Green All Rule Trigger Times to 3:15 to 3:20.
How do I get it to stop placing bets then when in +5.00 and -5.00?
The way you have it is correct but if running something like this you would normally have two separate green up rules to first green you up at those amounts then the settings you have used will stop further bets

But without first greening up your profit/loss could keep bouncing in and out of that range so its only pausing and not stopping the backs from placing any more bets
Richard100

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to bang on about this but can you provide me with an example?
Cheers,
Richard
Dallas

Richard100 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:37 pm
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to bang on about this but can you provide me with an example?
Cheers,
Richard
Of which part?
delboy1164

Richard100 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 pm
Hi Dallas,

On each of the Back rule types I've added the following conditions:

"Green all Profit Condition"
is less than £4.99
to stop triggering further bets.
and
"Green all profit Condition"
is greater than -£5.01

but is is not working. Can you explain why this might be?

Cheers,

Richard.
Morning Richard/Dallas
Sorry i am a newbie and have been using this Bot with some limited success good days and bad days still made a very small profit using £2 stakes every day but if i could limit the losses a bit then the profit would look a bit better so reading this thread i wondered after seeing this post for green all profit and green all losses weather you managed to get it working and maybe give me some advice on how you did it I will continue to try a few different things in practice mode as well and let you know any findings

Cheers
Del
Richard100

Morning Del.

I have stopped trading in-running and am now concentrating on pre-off trading, mostly manually, although I do sometimes experiment with pre-off BOTs in practice mode. I find that, as with in-running, certain strategies (BOTs) work in some markets but not in others. The skill, as a trader, is to determine which is which! As Peter often quotes, "There is a market for every strategy and a strategy for every market".

Cheers,

Richard.
kaylan731

I have changed the back bet down to 9. but find it still brings high odds to fill or kill.
getting 17, 19 and even a 40 .
I realise in a split scond the odds can jump around but is there anything I can do to restrict this.?
over 9.jpg
over 9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaylan731

Sorry about the duplicate scren shot
Dallas

kaylan731 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:45 pm
Sorry about the duplicate scren shot
Your condition is testing the back price so during a race there could be large gaps ie,
back price 7.8
lay price 65.0

If you set it so the lay price is <9 you should find it reduces the number of times it occurs
kaylan731

Thanks I will try that
Darkpond1967

Hi Dallas,

I have been trying this automation out and it works well in the main but there are instances where it doesn't.

I have set the condition whereby it places a back at odds below 6 as that is where I want it. However what happen is that a rank outsider makes a dash and their odds drop below the threshold briefly and the bot places a back bet and then the their drop right back to where they were and so you end up with an matched back and an open lay that has no chance of getting matched. Typically the losses in this situation are relatively large.

To try and counter this I have added an additional condition which is a historic fixed odds condition where the odds have to have been below the threshold for 30 secs. Would this work as far as you can tell or is there a simpler way of doing it?

Thanks,

Darkpond1967
HailRed

Tried this for the first time today and lost half my bankroll. But I could have greened up at the beginning of the race in-play for a profit. I think you need to be smart with automation and green up when you see fit or else ride your luck for a profit or a loss. Don’t think I will be personally using this automation again. But always appreciative to those who post there automations strategies to try and help.
Dallas

HailRed wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:14 pm
Tried this for the first time today and lost half my bankroll. But I could have greened up at the beginning of the race in-play for a profit. I think you need to be smart with automation and green up when you see fit or else ride your luck for a profit or a loss. Don’t think I will be personally using this automation again. But always appreciative to those who post there automations strategies to try and help.
All the bots posted are just a framework of a basic stratergy or how to do something, the user will always need to make adjustments apply to the right markets etc if they are to make a long term profit from one.

This one was designed for use on longer races 2m+ and prefereably flat like NHF races. In the opening post it does suggest you change the arm times if using on shorter races. ie, its meant to do a few quick scalps early on then green up before the prices get to volitile
ShaunWhite

HailRed wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:14 pm
Tried this for the first time today and lost half my bankroll.
What racing were you using it on? The current crop of very low liquity in-running markets with their huge spreads and high volatility are hardly ideal.

It's also the case that automation usually has a quite low return, that means it may take a quite large sample to determine if it's working or not and it's usual for profits to be realised only over several days or weeks with individual days being up or down. That's why automation is best trialed at extremely low stakes and with the expectation that it's an investment that carries a cost. You'll need to be prepared to spend £x testing each idea or variation and eventually (hopefully) one of them will be work. That success rate might be 1 in 20 or more and you don't want to run out of money if the winning variation is the 20th one you try instead of the 1st or 2nd.

Finally.... Very few things will work on every race. You need to maybe run it on everything for a couple of days, then review what situations worked best and start eliminating the races that were worst. You might find that any number of characteristic matter perhaps race type, distance, field size, how competitive it is etc etc. Automation is often seen as an easy solution but in many way it's harder than manual trading so expect it to take just as long to master.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”