Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

ilovepizza82

MikaelPersson wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm
did the lay trade Always match ?
Not always.
ilovepizza82

This bot is rarely generating profit coz bets are rarely matched and it doesnt matter if it matched 10 times and you won 0.50p or even £1 with your £15 stake if you will lose on the 11th time £15. :(
I thought this would be a very good bot but I guess none of the bots here will generate for me £10 a day, sadly.
ShaunWhite

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:40 pm
This bot is rarely generating profit coz bets are rarely matched and it doesnt matter if it matched 10 times and you won 0.50p or even £1 with your £15 stake if you will lose on the 11th time £15. :(
I thought this would be a very good bot but I guess none of the bots here will generate for me £10 a day, sadly.
Different bots will work best on different markets. If one bot worked on all races this would be easy.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Different bots will work best on different markets. If one bot worked on all races this would be easy.
Is there any kind of guide on this website which bot to use on which market ?
Im new here and dont even know which market i should pick for this bot. I picked horses, UK. thought that would work.
ShaunWhite

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Im new here and dont even know which market i should pick for this bot. I pick horses, UK. thought that would work.
There is no guide which will just tell you how to make easy money. You need to start thinking about the type of race you are trading. Not just 'uk', but how long is the race, is the race a handicap which should produce closer finishes, hurdles or chases (ie how likely is it that a horse will fall), the shape of the market (is there one very short horse or is it close). There are many many factors that go into race selection.

I suggest you use very small stakes, try the bot on 100 or 200 markets, look at your results, and see what patterns you can find.

You might also want to read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15144&hilit=backtest so that you understand this more.

Learning to trade may take many months, be patient, keep the stakes very small while you learn. Everyday you will learn more.
ShaunWhite

This bot requires horses which will shorten in running, these are usually front runners. Either watch for favourites lining up at the front at the start. Or use something like this ....http://patternform.co.uk/ to find horses that usually run at the front.

I don't trade this way so I can't help much more.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:55 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Im new here and dont even know which market i should pick for this bot. I pick horses, UK. thought that would work.
There is no guide which will just tell you how to make easy money. You need to start thinking about the type of race you are trading. Not just 'uk', but how long is the race, is the race a handicap which should produce closer finishes, hurdles or chases (ie how likely is it that a horse will fall), the shape of the market (is there one very short horse or is it close). There are many many factors that go into race selection.

I suggest you use very small stakes, try the bot on 100 or 200 markets, look at your results, and see what patterns you can find.

You might also want to read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15144&hilit=backtest so that you understand this more.

Learning to trade may take many months, be patient, keep the stakes very small while you learn. Everyday you will learn more.
Thanks @ShaunWhite !
It would be nice to have some sort of market preset in a bot or something to know on which market I could possibly use the bot for people like me who know little about horses.
ShaunWhite

You can use the new feature 'Servants' to quickly start a bot. Maybe you could look for favourites who clearly being moved to the front of the pack by the jockey just before the start. Then with one click you can start the bot on that race. If the favourite is a horse known to be 'held-up' (patternform?) and it is being lined up at the back on a course with big difficult fences, i would avoid it.

You may only find 3 or 4 races per day that you want to attack. When you have confidence in your method, £10 a day or more should be very possible.

There are many way to do this, but that should give you some ideas.
ShaunWhite

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:05 pm
for people like me who know little about horses.
I trade 5 or 6 days a week and know nothing at all about horses. However I have spent a very long time watching how the market responds in certain situations.
ShaunWhite

I would also avoid races that start in stalls, especially short races, sometimes they don't even come out! A flag start is a safer race for any back2lay strategy.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:23 pm
I would also avoid races that start in stalls, especially short races, sometimes they don't even come out! A flag start is a safer race for any back2lay strategy.
I really appreciate your help @ShaunWhite. Thank you so much !
ShaunWhite

No problem. We all start somewhere. Slow down, have a plan, do lots of reading and thinking...and I'm sure you will do much better.

Anchovies, capers and black olives on mine please ;)
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:31 pm
No problem. We all start somewhere. Slow down, have a plan, do lots of reading and thinking...and I'm sure you will do much better.

Anchovies, capers and black olives on mine please ;)
Hehehe you got it ! :)
fabio1306

Hi,

I am trying to use this bot but sometimes the favourite never reach the right odd to have a lay bet. In that case I need to set a stop loss, could you please check file attached and tell me if it's correct? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cmuddle

How can one set up this way of staking on one click screen?
I tried it with manually placing bets with offset bets and the staking was set to back and lay liability but still the profit was on the traded horse rather than on the field.

I just want to have the profit on the field and no loss on the traded horse. Is that possible?

Many Thanks

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 pm
cybernet69 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm
Hi Dallas,

Can this work the other way too. Whereby you initially place a £10 lay liability bet on the favourite and then place a £10 back liability bet 15 ticks above BSP ?

Thanks,

Mark
Yes it doesn't matter which way around ther are placed as long as the staking method by liability (back & lay) is used and the same 'Seed' stake is selected for both bets

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”