DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule which for use on in-play horse racing market

This bot is for the well-known horse racing back2 lay strategy of DOBing (Double or Bust). Which basically means backing a runner at the off then laying it at odds 50% lower in running - if matched you will of ‘Doubled’ your stake if not the you lose you stake – hence Double or Bust DOB.

The bot gives you two options you can either nominate a runner to ‘DOB’ (back then lay 50% lower) or do a more conservative back 2 lay 20% lower.
At post time it will place a £10 back bet at the best market price of your nominated runner/s and when matched a lay bet at either 50% and/or 20% lower - which it will then ‘Keep’ as the race going in running.

After adding all your day’s markets to guardian and applying the rule to them by going down the ‘Automation Nominated Selection 1 & 2 Columns’ on the main guardian page you can select the runners you wish to run the rule on;
Those selected in Auto Noms 1 on the main guardian page will be backed then layed at 50% lower
Those selected in Auto Noms 2 on the main guardian page will be backed then layed at 20% lower

You can do either, both or none if you can’t find a suitable runner for a race (See bottom image below)

To help find your runners for this type of strategy there is any number of paid and free websites available, one i would recommend is;
Pacecards - for Back 2 lay’s https://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2016/0 ... ree-trial/

Or to find out how Bet Angel can alert you to DOBing opportunities see this blog
https://www.betangel.com/blog/front-run ... bet-angel/

To use the file just click on the DOBing @ 50% & Back2Lay @ 20%.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size and number of ticks used can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StellaBot

Any help please.
Downloaded this file but would not import.
Message says " it was created with different version of bet angel and is not compatible"
StellaBot

I have tried another automation file and get same message.
I have downloaded and uploaded files before with no problem.
Dallas

StellaBot wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:03 am
I have tried another automation file and get same message.
I have downloaded and uploaded files before with no problem.
You need to be using the latest Bet Angel V1.47 for all of the recent bots
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
StellaBot

Thanks Dallas for prompt reply.
All sorted.
Niko

Thanks Dallas, like this!!!
Seagulls15

Thanks Dallas, trying this out today. :)
Dallas

StellaBot wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:28 am
Thanks Dallas for prompt reply.
All sorted.
Niko wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:21 am
Thanks Dallas, like this!!!
Seagulls15 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:56 pm
Thanks Dallas, trying this out today. :)
Your welcome enjoy :)
xtrader16

Thanks for posting this Dallas.

I've had a few thoughts to similar strategies but I have no idea how I would implement them via Bet Angel.

As an example what I wanted to do is Back a Horse at 6.0 and lay off one point lower at 5.0 (to cover liability) and then green at 3.0 or 50% (2.5)
In money terms this would be:

Back (manually or automatically) £100 @ 6.0 - Lay (automatically) £100 @ 5.0 (giving me £100 green on that selection) then Green (auto) at 3.0 Giving me a profit across the board. (I think this is possible in Guardian, not sure, but I'm unfamiliar with it at the moment).

Obviously I would be entering the Back bet at different prices throughout the day so the LAY bet would always be 1 full point lower than the Opening BACK bet then 50% or high/lower of the LAY bet to green. I hope I have explained that clearly.

If this was possible I would like to expand the idea to create several LAY bets at maybe 20% of the original value at a variety of lower odds. Something like this.

BACK at 6.0 £100 then LAY £20 @ 5.2 --> £20 @ 4.4 ---> £20 @3.6 ---> £20 @ 2.6 then Green @ 2.0 (just an example)

I believe from speaking to others it would be popular and even be marketable as a stand alone app. It more dynamic than just Back/Lay and would give greater returns as the scale drops.

Any thoughts on this would be most welcome. I just don't know how to implement this at the moment.

BEST REGARDS.
Dallas

It can be done just by splitting your opening bet and placing several smaller bets each with different offset values. So for your £100 stake you would place 5x£20 back bets each with its own offset, ie 10%, 20%, 30% etc, these can be offset with or without greening or you can use a mixture of both
xtrader16

Thanks Dallas.

Good idea to offset stake at lower odds as it would protect me from any immediate drift if the horse gets stuck in the gates or something else.

Right, I'm off to learn how to automate these trades.

Thanks.
Niko

Hi Dallas, liking this Dobing trade.

Question, I have a rule that triggers at certain odds IR and backs £25 in £5 bets with varying ammounts of % Dob if you know what I mean! What I would like to do is green up after a certain number of seconds, regardless if all the lay bets are filled or not. Can you point me to the right rule for this please? Or is it even possible??

Many thanks! :D
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 am

Question, I have a rule that triggers at certain odds IR and backs £25 in £5 bets with varying ammounts of % Dob if you know what I mean! What I would like to do is green up after a certain number of seconds, regardless if all the lay bets are filled or not. Can you point me to the right rule for this please? Or is it even possible??

Yes its possible, you just need a 'Green All Selections' rule type adding with the trigger times set the time after event goes in play you want it to trigger
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 am
Niko wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 am

Yes its possible, you just need a 'Green All Selections' rule type adding with the trigger times set the time after event goes in play you want it to trigger
Cheers, but I want the green up to trigger 30seconds after the back bets are placed (Which is always at a different time due to the specific odds requirment of the rule)
Dallas

In that case on each of your back rules goto the signal tab and add increment signal value on the market.

Then on the green up rule add a 'Signal Changed condition' and specify that the signal being used above last changed 30 secs ago

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”