Back after Consistent IR Backing - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running Horse Racing markets.

The bot will monitor the runner in Betfair row 1 (usually this will be the fav). Once the race goes in-running the bot looks for it to of been backed in for 5 seconds and if its price is shorter than it was 5secs ago it sets a signal beginning with an increment value of 1.
5 seconds later if its continued to still be backed in and its odds are even shorter than they were 5secs ago (when the 1st signal was set) then the increment value of that signal get increased to 2, if the increment value reaches 3 then a back bet for £10 is placed on that runner.

If it drifts out during a 5 second period then the current signal increment value is reset and will begin incrementing again from 1 the next time it shortens during a 5 second period.

So, basically the runner needs to of consistently been backed in for 5 secs to set a signal, and needs to set three of these signals in a row to trigger the bet, any break in this caused by even a small drift and the process is reset back to the beginning. See image below for how it would appear on a chart.

Capture.JPG

To use the file just click on Back After Consistent IR Backing.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Thanks Dallas, Another new one to experiment with. :D
kunas

Hi Dallas,

I was playing with this automatition to get a grip with what is possible with signals
I only changed:
- the choosen selection from the row 1 to Favoritism 1,
- the times from 5 sec to 2 sec,
- the last traded price to Lay price

But I think it is playing awkardly .. could it be due the change in favoritism, it seems to get lost in setting/change the signal
Also, It sometimes get to shortening signal = 3. but it doesnt clear it after anymore

any Idea how could I get it work on the 1 Favorit for example ?
I will try to get a log for a better idea..

Thank you
Dallas

kunas wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 pm
Hi Dallas,

I was playing with this automatition to get a grip with what is possible with signals
I only changed:
- the choosen selection from the row 1 to Favoritism 1,
- the times from 5 sec to 2 sec,
- the last traded price to Lay price

But I think it is playing awkardly .. could it be due the change in favoritism, it seems to get lost in setting/change the signal
Also, It sometimes get to shortening signal = 3. but it doesnt clear it after anymore

any Idea how could I get it work on the 1 Favorit for example ?
I will try to get a log for a better idea..

Thank you
Yes it will be the consistent changing of the favouritism that messing up the signals, even without signals you would have the same problem as the HROC would be switching from runner to runner

It's a long time since I've looked at the file so off the top of my head you could apply the rule to 'ANY' selection
Then add a relative odds condition
Selections price is
less than the price of 2nd fav

Your 2nd & 3rd changes should also work with that to
minus 1 tick

That will track all runners for the chart pattern in the OP but only allow it to trigger if that runner is also the fav - whether its been fav since the off or if it's just become the fav.
kunas

Clever .. I make sense, I will give it a try!!

What do you mean ..
minus 1 tick
the Clear/reset signal, shoudnt be triggered after a while, if the =3 is there for long , to allow the the count start again ?
You wrote it with the condition:

"signal value codition named shortening
is less than 3"

shoundnt it be less than 4 for example ?
cause its looking for something that changed recently .. but when hits the 3 ..it doesnt clear anymore

Thank you ever so much for the support
kunas

I mean.. I didnt want only 1 Bet,
I was thinking for example tickoff set the back.. but allow the signal to restart the scoring again after ..
Dallas

kunas wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Clever .. I make sense, I will give it a try!!

What do you mean ..
minus 1 tick
the Clear/reset signal, shoudnt be triggered after a while, if the =3 is there for long , to allow the the count start again ?
You wrote it with the condition:

"signal value codition named shortening
is less than 3"

shoundnt it be less than 4 for example ?
cause its looking for something that changed recently .. but when hits the 3 ..it doesnt clear anymore

Thank you ever so much for the support

Sorry not sure how that line got above it should read

It's a long time since I've looked at the file so off the top of my head you could apply the rule to 'ANY' selection
Then add a relative odds condition
Selections price is
less than the price of 2nd fav
minus 1 tick

Then

By 2nd & 3rd changes I meant to your times from 5 to 2 secs and LTP to lay price changes

Those changes will instruct the file to target only the fav only so the signals can be removed unless you had them in for another purpose ie, counting how long a runner had been fav etc?
kunas

perfect!! thank you Dallas. You Rock
kunas

Still around this One.. I dont think it is reading the signals properly :S

I dont even know how to make my self clear for this one .. :lol:
when you say apply to "Any selections"
is it to all rules in the file? including all the conditions for each rule that request it?? plus, in the signal tab of each rule, should it stay for " the current selection" or should I change it for "the market" ??

What's bugging me the most I think its the reset rule. As I wanted to change it so it clears the signal and allow to restart the scoring again
(your original file was meant to have only 1 back placed, I was checking if it was possible to do it multiples..)

I will attach the file, If someone could take a look and point out what could be corrected. I would much appreciate.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

kunas wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:55 pm
Still around this One.. I dont think it is reading the signals properly :S

I dont even know how to make my self clear for this one .. :lol:
when you say apply to "Any selections"
is it to all rules in the file? including all the conditions for each rule that request it?? plus, in the signal tab of each rule, should it stay for " the current selection" or should I change it for "the market" ??

What's bugging me the most I think its the reset rule. As I wanted to change it so it clears the signal and allow to restart the scoring again
(your original file was meant to have only 1 back placed, I was checking if it was possible to do it multiples..)

I will attach the file, If someone could take a look and point out what could be corrected. I would much appreciate.
Thanks
The instructions I gave where just for the back bet to be applied to ANY selection and so that it would target the fav

I don't have BA open at the moment so can't check the file, what is it your using the signals for?
kunas

Thanks for the reply Dallas!!
The instructions I gave where just for the back bet to be applied to ANY selection and so that it would target the fav

I don't have BA open at the moment so can't check the file, what is it your using the signals for?
If we apply the "any selection" to the back bet rule (with the condition that it's price is less than the 2nd fav) .. that's the same as changing it from row 1 to first favourite ! No ??
My problem was with the signals ..these are the ones getting messed up if we appoint a favourite, as the trigger gets confused if the favouritism change..

Basically, I am not looking for anything specific, was just playing with this one to get a feel of what was possible with signals..and got me intrigued !!:

- if we can change this sinal to look especifically for the favourite or others as well, knowing the favouritism swaps
- if it was possible to follow multiple horses
- if we it's possible to restart the signal once the back bet was made..

As I said I don't have nothing specific, just wondering if it could be used as a good indicator/condition for scalp or swing .. :idea:
jimibt

kunas wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm
Thanks for the reply Dallas!!

If we apply the "any selection" to the back bet rule (with the condition that it's price is less than the 2nd fav) .. that's the same as changing it from row 1 to first favourite ! No ??
My problem was with the signals ..these are the ones getting messed up if we appoint a favourite, as the trigger gets confused if the favouritism change..

Basically, I am not looking for anything specific, was just playing with this one to get a feel of what was possible with signals..and got me intrigued !!:

- if we can change this sinal to look especifically for the favourite or others as well, knowing the favouritism swaps
- if it was possible to follow multiple horses
- if we it's possible to restart the signal once the back bet was made..

As I said I don't have nothing specific, just wondering if it could be used as a good indicator/condition for scalp or swing .. :idea:
this is where it would be useful to have a property in the automation criteria that could be flagged by a signal (or shared value) for the runner ID (or name). altho this wouldn't be interesting as a visual data item, it would allow you to reset signals if the id of the fave changed (e.g if faveCurrentId != faveLastId then do something) etc... one of many uses for an ID property (if it were introduced to BA) ....
kunas

this is where it would be useful to have a property in the automation criteria that could be flagged by a signal (or shared value) for the runner ID (or name). altho this wouldn't be interesting as a visual data item, it would allow you to reset signals if the id of the fave changed (e.g if faveCurrentId != faveLastId then do something) etc... one of many uses for an ID property (if it were introduced to BA) ....
Not sure if I'm following .. :lol:
what do you mean by runners ID ? why would it change..
But if you need to nominate runners, by name..that already exist, I think.. (kind of noob with this BA thing)
jimibt

kunas wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Not sure if I'm following .. :lol:
what do you mean by runners ID ? why would it change..
But if you need to nominate runners, by name..that already exist, I think.. (kind of noob with this BA thing)
in this instance, i'm referring to free running automation (where selections are picked by the rules). in the case of automation rules, it is not possible to (yet) flag a runner that is currently the favourite and then follow it if it becomes 2nd fave and then goes back to fave. well actually, you can (you could flag the 1st runner to become fave and then only perform actions when it returns to being fave). my proposal was that the Stored values could have an additional property made available (runner id or runner name etc) to allow you to track runners, no matter how much their position jostled around.

i freely admit that unless you are inside my head, you may not have a clue what or why i'm referring to this :D
Jukebox

jimibt - If it helps, be aware that you can fix the order of runners by favoritism at a given moment - and if you wish you can fix the new order if certain conditions are met. Additionally, although you cannot store the name of the runner that fulfills some initial requirement - you can effectively give it your own name by storing a value of your choosing on that runner.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”