Back Clear Fav if Leading all Race Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running Horse Racing markets.

The bot will watch for a clear favourite during the early stages of the race, if there is a clear fav it sets a signal, only if that same runner then remains favourite the whole race will a £10 back bet be placed when towards the end of the race when its odds trade at or below 1.50.

It works by monitoring all runners during the first 10-30 seconds of the race and if they favourite trades more than two odds shorter than the 2nd fav (ie, if 2nd fav is 5.5 the fav must be 3.5 or shorter) during this time 2 signals are set.

1 signal is incremented on the market (so the bot counts the number of favs there has been)
1 signal is set on the selection (so the bot knows who is the original fav)

If any other runner (one that does not have a signal set on them) becomes fav even if just for a second, then the signal on the market is incremented so will now equal 2.

Once the race is nearing the end the bot will ONLY trigger if the signal on the market is still equal to 1
ie, the same runner has remained fav since the start.

To use the file just click on Back Clear Fav if Leading all Race.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niko

Cheers Dallas!! Is there some text missing from your description?
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 am
Cheers Dallas!! Is there some text missing from your description?
Dont think so, at which part where you looking?
Niko

Once the race is nearing the end the bot will ONLY trigger if the signal on the market is equal to 1
ie, the same runner has remained fav since the start. Had it not then

The signal on the selection is to exclude this runner from an future signals, the signal on the
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 pm
Once the race is nearing the end the bot will ONLY trigger if the signal on the market is equal to 1

The signal on the selection is to exclude this runner from an future signals, the signal on the
Well spotted, i've corrected them sentences ;)
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 pm
Niko wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Well spotted, i've corrected them sentences ;)
Cheers!! :mrgreen:
jongup

This is working decent so far but what i'm finding is - the clear fave is leading so it triggers the bot with about 45seconds to the finish line, but then within this time frame (uslaly last 15 seconds), a second favourite will overtake or an outsider who wasn't leading.

Is there a way to set a signal in this, when another horse starts trading at a similar price (unfortunately in some case they aren't trading anywhere near 1.5!) for the bot NOT to trigger?
or what would be the easiest way around this?
mickypaul72

Good morning i'm no expert on this but couldnt you add a fixed odds condition where the nominated horse would have to be < 1.5
jongup

mickypaul72 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 am
Good morning i'm no expert on this but couldnt you add a fixed odds condition where the nominated horse would have to be < 1.5
Well say the nominated has hit 1.5 and lead throughout, i'm trying to stop others at say 1.6 then overtaking last 15 seconds. I've tried adding odds conditions but sometimes complete outsiders with high odds overtake.
Dallas

jongup wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am
This is working decent so far but what i'm finding is - the clear fave is leading so it triggers the bot with about 45seconds to the finish line, but then within this time frame (uslaly last 15 seconds), a second favourite will overtake or an outsider who wasn't leading.

Is there a way to set a signal in this, when another horse starts trading at a similar price (unfortunately in some case they aren't trading anywhere near 1.5!) for the bot NOT to trigger?
or what would be the easiest way around this?
Yes this can be done, I'm assuming you want to either green up and take whatever profit or loss there is if another horse gets within 'X' ticks/odds
or if no bet has been placed stop it from placing?
Snowflame

Hi,

I would be interested if the last post has been addressed, i.e. which conditions have been recommended?
Dallas

Snowflame wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:42 pm
Hi,

I would be interested if the last post has been addressed, i.e. which conditions have been recommended?
If they had replied back then it would have been a 'relative odds condition' applied to there green up rule I would have advised
Zedemcee

How can I make it so I only lay if I go to the 3rd fav and not the 2nd fav many times it goes to 2nd fav so it lays it then it come backs and wins and I lose ???
iggypop37

just reading this thread, it would be useful if some version of 'Back the emerging challenger' could be integrated with this. I might have a go myself. also, the length of the race (in time)is clearly critical, is there some (public) database that shows typical race times for for each distance.
Dallas

iggypop37 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:27 pm
just reading this thread, it would be useful if some version of 'Back the emerging challenger' could be integrated with this. I might have a go myself. also, the length of the race (in time)is clearly critical, is there some (public) database that shows typical race times for for each distance.
There is a spreadsheet you can download in 2nd post of this thread with all the course times
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11627

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”