Scalp the LTP In-Running Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

greety wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:22 pm
Hi Dallas.
I've gone from one extreme to the other. From no triggers to plenty of them. Left me in a situation where I could not control things. Looking at some massive losses.
So I reduced the triggers to just two. Much easier but still finding the second trigger was costing me money (in practice).
So I am now at just one trigger which certainly won't make me rich!
But even now, I'm finding a back bet being placed on a horse which is drifting. Cypress Creek in the three o clock for one.
Is there any way to stop this. (WOM?). And why do the triggers occur in the second half of the race, which is obviously volatile? Could use some help please.
The rule is set to trigger if the price jumps 10 ticks past its previous traded price so will only start and trigger once the race gets into its stride. You could play around with this value and perhaps limit to just the earlier parts of the race with the arm times if you find its the later more volatile stages thats racking up the losses on the markets your running it on
greety

Thanks for your help Dallas.
Yes, I'll play with the trigger times.
Would a weight of money condition prevent a back bet/lay bet being placed on a horse going in the opposite direction?
Also could I reduce the 10 tick rule to say 6 ticks to try and get some early triggers. I've been through the rules but cannot find any rule involving ten ticks.
One last question. Assuming I get this working well with just one trigger early in the race, could I apply this to all runners, not just row 1?
Thanks for your patience, Dallas.
Dallas

greety wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Thanks for your help Dallas.
Yes, I'll play with the trigger times.
Would a weight of money condition prevent a back bet/lay bet being placed on a horse going in the opposite direction?
Also could I reduce the 10 tick rule to say 6 ticks to try and get some early triggers. I've been through the rules but cannot find any rule involving ten ticks.
One last question. Assuming I get this working well with just one trigger early in the race, could I apply this to all runners, not just row 1?
Thanks for your patience, Dallas.
A WOM condition won't necessarily prevent a back bet/lay bet being placed on a horse going in the opposite direction
It is the stored value condition that looks for the last traded price to be 10 ticks higher/lower than the current stored value
Yes it can be applied to all runners but for the stored value element to work correctly it would need each of the current rules duplicating and applied to each row index
billbo001

Hi all,
I am working on a INPLAY strategy, basing some of this 'Last Trade Price In Running Automation'
I have deleted a few factors.
Because, personally I like to start from the beginning then nick certain ideas from Dallas's hard work :shock:
This I have done here.
Basically, I want to 'BACK a HORSE' INPLAY, offset with greening at 10 ticks. £2 stakes.
I want to see the horse basically improving and winning the race, so it needs to set a price when it sees it reduce by
'x' amount of ticks. Then place a back bet, once matched on the LAY, GREEN OUT.
Then start the process again, fall other 'x' ticks.
Back the horse, green up and so on..........
Dallas I am using your 'stored odds', 'set signal back bets' and back bet Rules from this Automation bot.
But I dont think I have set it up properly! signals, stored amounts confused the sh1T out of me!!
Can anybody help me please?
Thankyou in advance
Will
billbo001

sorry, I forgot to say. I think it is the 'stored value condition' in the back bet rule, but again it still confuses me.
billbo001

2018-10-03_1844.png
See attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi all,
I am working on a INPLAY strategy, basing some of this 'Last Trade Price In Running Automation'
I have deleted a few factors.
Because, personally I like to start from the beginning then nick certain ideas from Dallas's hard work :shock:
This I have done here.
Basically, I want to 'BACK a HORSE' INPLAY, offset with greening at 10 ticks. £2 stakes.
I want to see the horse basically improving and winning the race, so it needs to set a price when it sees it reduce by
'x' amount of ticks. Then place a back bet, once matched on the LAY, GREEN OUT.
Then start the process again, fall other 'x' ticks.
Back the horse, green up and so on..........
Dallas I am using your 'stored odds', 'set signal back bets' and back bet Rules from this Automation bot.
But I dont think I have set it up properly! signals, stored amounts confused the sh1T out of me!!
Can anybody help me please?
Thankyou in advance
Will
Your probably better starting with this file which already tracks if a runner is shortening
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14957

You can then chose to back when the signals reach a certain value or perhaps even replace the signals with back bet rules
billbo001

That’s a good start! Thanks Dallas. You are a gent 👌
billbo001

When you say back bet rules. Is that not using the historic relative odds condition but using either relative odds or fixed odds rule? What were you thinking?
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 pm
When you say back bet rules. Is that not using the historic relative odds condition but using either relative odds or fixed odds rule? What were you thinking?
Same conditions but instead of setting signals your placing back bets
or set the signals and then add a back bet to trigger from

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”