Scalp the LTP In-Running Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on In-Running Horse Racing Markets.

The purpose of this automation files is to track the back and lay prices in-running on the selection in Betfair Row 1 and if the LTP leapfrogs over either one by 10 or more ticks it will place a £10 bet.

How it Works

Begining 30 seconds after the race goes in-play every second a rule will 'Store the Values' of the current back and lay price, if the LTP is then 10 ticks or more higher than the current stored back price then a back bet is triggered and placed at the best reverse price, if the LTP is 10 ticks or more lower than the current stored lay price then a lay bet is triggered and placed at the best reverse price.

If a bet is not matched within 5 seconds it is killed, if it is matched then a 5 tick offset bet with greening is placed.
Once that is matched the whole process can begin again.

Back and Lay bets will only be able to trigger if the lay price of the runner is less than 12.0

Safety Features

The back and lay rules each have a 'Number of unmatched bets condition' and 'Time since fill or kill condition' to ensure there is no more than one bet at a time triggered, but due to the in-play delay and the speed required with this automation file, it also uses signals as an additional safety feature.

Each time a back or lay rule triggers it sets a signal which I have called ‘backbet’ and ‘laybet’ respectively (signals are set locally so there is no effect from the in-play delay with these), each back and lay rule can then only trigger if there have been 1 or more seconds since either of them were set, by which time the ‘number of unmatched bets and time since fill or kill conditions’ will of both been able to take over.

*To begin with two rules will set these backbet and lay bet signals for the first time, after that they will be set by the back and lay bet rules when they trigger

To use the file just click on the following link below ’Scalp the LTP In-Running.Baf’ and this will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cmuddle

can not use, it says it was created with a different version of BA.

I did install the new one though just now 1.49.1 :?
Dallas

cmuddle wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 pm
can not use, it says it was created with a different version of BA.

I did install the new one though just now 1.49.1 :?
It needs the new V1.50
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16227
cmuddle

ok thanks
Niko

Great work Dallas!! The possibilities with store values is great!!
BrianS

Hi,
I am really enjoying this bot, great work Dallas,
One thing keeps catching me out, I have a nice run of greens between 10-40% and then get caught out usually by a late lay on the fave that then flies out usually in the last 10-20 seconds leaving me a red that cancels a lot of the profit.
I'm just trying to figure a way of closing the automation during those final stages so there's an option to green up and close everything.
Manually yes I can hit green and then remove the rule if I am happy with the profit earlier in the race but I'm not sure how to instruct a close up and out once i'm in a green position, if this is possible at all?
I find it's working very well on the jumps
Thanks again
Dallas

BrianS wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 am
Hi,
I am really enjoying this bot, great work Dallas,
One thing keeps catching me out, I have a nice run of greens between 10-40% and then get caught out usually by a late lay on the fave that then flies out usually in the last 10-20 seconds leaving me a red that cancels a lot of the profit.
I'm just trying to figure a way of closing the automation during those final stages so there's an option to green up and close everything.
Manually yes I can hit green and then remove the rule if I am happy with the profit earlier in the race but I'm not sure how to instruct a close up and out once i'm in a green position, if this is possible at all?
I find it's working very well on the jumps
Thanks again
Yes this thread explains how to green up to a profit or loss amount
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

You'll then need to stop the main rule from triggering when that's happened, this is explained in the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
BrianS

Thank you, as ever Dallas.
BrianS

Hi Dallas,
I have changed the allow rule Back/Lay triggers down to a low number. So for example if I put 1 trigger on back and lay it will do 2. If I enter 2 triggers it will do 3 and so on.
Is there a way to allow only 1 trigger (trade) as 0 is not allowed?
Thanks
Dallas

BrianS wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 pm
Hi Dallas,
I have changed the allow rule Back/Lay triggers down to a low number. So for example if I put 1 trigger on back and lay it will do 2. If I enter 2 triggers it will do 3 and so on.
Is there a way to allow only 1 trigger (trade) as 0 is not allowed?
Thanks
If you add the following condition to both rules
'number of place bet triggers condition'
is equal to 0

That will do it for you
BrianS

Great,
Thanks again
greety

scalp LTP.png
Hi dallas.
Like Brian, I took a full loss on this bot after it was going well. I thought I had followed your instructions, but obviously I've messed up as nothing has triggered in ten races. Here is a screenshot. What have I done wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

greety wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:15 pm
scalp LTP.png
Hi dallas.
Like Brian, I took a full loss on this bot after it was going well. I thought I had followed your instructions, but obviously I've messed up as nothing has triggered in ten races. Here is a screenshot. What have I done wrong?
There is still only the one green all selections rule, it needs a 2nd if your to green all at a predefined loss

Also it looks like you have taken the lay rule out instead of adding the condition advised to both back and lay rules (although the image does not show your back conditions so you may have added them to that rule and its just the lay side missing)
greety

Thanks a lot Dallas.
Will play around with this. Hopefully I won't have to bother you again.
greety

Hi Dallas.
I've gone from one extreme to the other. From no triggers to plenty of them. Left me in a situation where I could not control things. Looking at some massive losses.
So I reduced the triggers to just two. Much easier but still finding the second trigger was costing me money (in practice).
So I am now at just one trigger which certainly won't make me rich!
But even now, I'm finding a back bet being placed on a horse which is drifting. Cypress Creek in the three o clock for one.
Is there any way to stop this. (WOM?). And why do the triggers occur in the second half of the race, which is obviously volatile? Could use some help please.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”