BTL by % of stake

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ShaunWhite

I didn't see what was wrong with the original question or the lack of a stop loss to be honest. There's plenty of people who DoB horses, 100% with no stop. It's not like he was suggesting to do that on everything, for all we know they're carefully selected.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 pm
I didn't see what was wrong with the original question or the lack of a stop loss to be honest. There's plenty of people who DoB horses, 100% with no stop. It's not like he was suggesting to do that on everything, for all we know they're carefully selected.
It's because if he lets it run for a £50 loss, then he needs to be successful on the next 2 to break even. In fact, with commission, he won't even break even. There was no mention of what his plan was to deal with such situations

I've been in this game long enough Shaun to realise we can all pick up greens, but the winners are those who have a strategy for dealing with reds, and I'm not talking about chasing losers with Martingale, or other stuff like that
ShaunWhite

Fair enough LeTiss, I get it.
mjdavies4

LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm
The post by Memphis was a bit harsh.

However, whilst the opening poster is correct in saying they would make 50% laying off at 4.00, they haven't given any indication what their gameplan is if the price goes the other way. Are they just going to leave it as a £50 loser? - If the next bet is a winner, then they won't be making 50% profit, they'll be making a 50% loss, as they will still be £25 down (not including commission)

Having a strategy for when the price goes wrong, is a critical ingredient of successful trading
I just ignored the comment by memphis if that's all he can add then that speaks volumes and it won't stop me from posting in the future.

My strategy does involve carefully selecting horses and I am also factoring in a stop loss just need to do further testing on the optimum point for the stop.
shortcut

mjdavies4 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm
The post by Memphis was a bit harsh.

However, whilst the opening poster is correct in saying they would make 50% laying off at 4.00, they haven't given any indication what their gameplan is if the price goes the other way. Are they just going to leave it as a £50 loser? - If the next bet is a winner, then they won't be making 50% profit, they'll be making a 50% loss, as they will still be £25 down (not including commission)

Having a strategy for when the price goes wrong, is a critical ingredient of successful trading
I just ignored the comment by memphis if that's all he can add then that speaks volumes and it won't stop me from posting in the future.

My strategy does involve carefully selecting horses and I am also factoring in a stop loss just need to do further testing on the optimum point for the stop.
So what solution did you come up with, if any?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”