Back or Lay at a Percentage of BSP Guardian Automation Bot

mickypaul72

Betfair will always match you at the best available price in your case 1.40096. I was thinking a good strategy could be to use offset with greening for the back percentage. I’m not on my computer at the moment so I’ll have a gander tomorrow

Regards

Mick
badboy13

If you back a horse at say 1.4 and then it starts to drift, how would I set it to monitor lay price and lay if gets to 2.00 to minimise loss?
Dallas

badboy13 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 am
If you back a horse at say 1.4 and then it starts to drift, how would I set it to monitor lay price and lay if gets to 2.00 to minimise loss?
You would add a close trade on selection condition with the following condition
number of place bets triggers cond
on selection
is greater than 0

fixed odds condition
selections lay price
is greater than 2.0
mbu2ns

Hi i dont know if this is the file for me.

Basically im wanting the automation to place a back bet 10/15 seconds before the off then lay for 30% profit in play

can that be done with these settings

thanks
Dallas

mbu2ns wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi i dont know if this is the file for me.

Basically im wanting the automation to place a back bet 10/15 seconds before the off then lay for 30% profit in play

can that be done with these settings

thanks
No offset bets can't be used when taking SP, you can just add a green up rule bet to trigger once the profit reaches 30% of your stake
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
retriever

Hello Guys
I have been searching these forums high and low to find an automation to do a simple task. :lol:
This is the closest I have come across.

I am looking to Back a Nominated runner (Fav) at PLUS 50% of BSP in-play at the start of the race.

Would this file work OK for me by removing the Lay parts, and switching the Back part from Minus (%) to Plus (%) ?
And that's it....
I am just looking to back pre-selected favourites that may start slowly but are likely to still win.

Thanks if you can confirm.
Dallas

retriever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 am
Hello Guys
I have been searching these forums high and low to find an automation to do a simple task. :lol:
This is the closest I have come across.

I am looking to Back a Nominated runner (Fav) at PLUS 50% of BSP in-play at the start of the race.

Would this file work OK for me by removing the Lay parts, and switching the Back part from Minus (%) to Plus (%) ?
And that's it....
I am just looking to back pre-selected favourites that may start slowly but are likely to still win.

Thanks if you can confirm.
The easiest way is to create a new automation file
It just needs a 'Place back bet' rule armed a second or two after going in-play
Then on the parameters tab for the 'place at' choose Custom % above actual SP
retriever

Thanks Dallas. I was wondering if the biggest jumps in price may happen at the start but I guess a second or two won't matter.
If I only wanted to back horses between 2.0 and 3.0 would I have to have the conditions set at 50% above (ie. 2.5 to 4.0)?
Last edited by retriever on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

retriever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm
Thanks Dallas. I was wondering if the biggest jumps in price may happen at the start but I guess a second or two won't matter.
Unless it rears up badly or throws its jockey its unlikely it will touch 50% of its BSP within that time.
But there is no other way of doing it using SP (ie, you need to know that at the off to then place a bet above it).

The next closest option is to place a bet 50% above its current price at or just after post time then keep that in-play
retriever

Yes, I think It might be best if it's say, 10 secs, before the race.

I also want the horse to be within a range ie. 2.0 to 3.0
Would I have to have the conditions set at 50% above (ie. 2.5 to 4.0) or the current range?

I guess I could just experiment with a few races to find out :) Thanks for you help.
Dallas

retriever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:09 pm
Yes, I think It might be best if it's say, 10 secs, before the race.

I also want the horse to be within a range ie. 2.0 to 3.0
Would I have to have the conditions set at 50% above (ie. 2.5 to 4.0) or the current range?

I guess I could just experiment with a few races to find out :) Thanks for you help.
You'd use the same as above but for place at you use custom % above current reverse market price.
You can then add 2 x fixed odds conditions to the rule to test the price is between your odds as shown in the post below, rather than use back or lay price you could test the 'Projected SP price'
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17622

You'd then need a 'keep all unmatched' bets rule, this must be armed to trigger after your bet has been placed, so something like 00:00:00 after event start time till 00:00:10 after event start time
durango

Hi Dallas,
I am using just the lay part of this file with offset bet with greening. Occasionally when it lays a horse it will miss the lay bet and kick in a back bet with the offset bet with greening
Is there any way to stop the back offset bet if the original lay bet is unmatched ?
if that makes sense
many thanks
Dallas

durango wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi Dallas,
I am using just the lay part of this file with offset bet with greening. Occasionally when it lays a horse it will miss the lay bet and kick in a back bet with the offset bet with greening
Is there any way to stop the back offset bet if the original lay bet is unmatched ?
if that makes sense
many thanks
Yes, using fill/kill can do this for you
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
durango

Thanks Dallas
iamnotaraddish

hi im a newbie so be patient . im looking to back horses that i set at 60% lower than bsp can you help me set this up as i am strugling to download the file on the first page many thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”