Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot

alanjmil

Hi,
For some reason I am getting no markets showing on the Main Bet angel screen now, after using a different automation file. I have checked that the switch to market after so many seconds is ticked in Guardian ?

Alan
Dallas

alanjmil wrote:Hi,
For some reason I am getting no markets showing on the Main Bet angel screen now, after using a different automation file. I have checked that the switch to market after so many seconds is ticked in Guardian ?

Alan
Weather you have any automation files or not applied to markets in guardian the "Switch to Market" should always open a market when ticked and the number of seconds in the "Switch time" is reached.
If not try restarting Bet Angel
JK135

Hi Dallas,

I am new to trading and have been looking at automated systems for bet Angel, and this looks like exactly what I am looking for but I just have a question.

You mention that if your bet is matched then you make a guaranteed profit - and obviously if your bet is not matched you lose nothing?

If that's the case in what way could you lose money using this system
Thanks
Dallas

You can lose if the odds do not shorten enough to get your offset lay bet matched. Once the lay is matched you have a 'risk free' bet if the horse then loses but will profit if it wins.
zanpo

I am very confused about this "free bet" situation, and why I only get the profit in my account only if the horse wins. As I understand the bot trades the horse, places a back bet and then a lay bet for a number of ticks. And if we get both bets matched we have a profit in our hands for this particular horse. And why do we receive this profit only if the horse wins?

In this image attached I traded this horse back and forth a couple of times, and finally I got 0.19 units profit in my account. And this horse was the fifth to finish the race, and I still received this 0.19 units. So why was my situation different from what the bot does?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

zanpo wrote:I am very confused about this "free bet" situation, and why I only get the profit in my account only if the horse wins. As I understand the bot trades the horse, places a back bet and then a lay bet for a number of ticks. And if we get both bets matched we have a profit in our hands for this particular horse. And why do we receive this profit only if the horse wins?
The bot has been made to 'close the trade' so uses the same stake for the lay as it did for the back bet, if you want to spread the profit equally across all runners (rather than have a larger profit on just the runner traded you would need to 'green up'. this thread explains the difference between the two
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11408

In the image attached it looks like you have now edited the bot and told it to green-up rather than just close the trade so is now spreading the profits equally by laying a few pence more than its backing with.
forumuser

Hi Dallas, is there an opposite setting that could work on this at all?

Say lay a horse first, set the back bet at 20 ticks bigger and free bet if it loses and lose some if it wins?

Not sure you can set it this way though.

Thanks
Dallas

forumuser wrote:Hi Dallas, is there an opposite setting that could work on this at all?

Say lay a horse first, set the back bet at 20 ticks bigger and free bet if it loses and lose some if it wins?

Thanks
Yes it can be done, only the usual offset cant be used to create a free bet if it loses so this part will have to be done slightly differently.

The easiest way is probably take the 'Lay the 1st to 2.0' bot and change the odds to 1.50 (or what ever odds you want to lay at)

Then instead of any offsets decide how many ticks profit you want and work out what the green up profit would be from that - then create a back bet to place at these odds for the green up amount after the above lay part has triggered.

For example if you wanted 50 ticks profit after the original lay @ 1.50 for £10 this would require a back bet at 2.0 for £5.
That will leave £0 if this horse still wins and £5 profit if any other horse wins

The add a back bet rule to it using the 'green plus' icon
Trigger just once and on parameters tab use 'Place at fixed odds' 2.0 for £5
then use the conditions
'Number of matched bets condition'
on selection is 'equal to' 1

That should do it
eminbe

Hi Dallas,,

Thanks for you help and support..
On this rule 'Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot' at the parameters tab in the global settings, what does Offset batches mean, I see you have put number 1, Offset (ticks) 20

Does it mean the time you want to offset the bet e.g. it lays £10 after 10 ticks depending on the 'Offset batches No.'.

If it was 3 it will lay £30.
Dallas

eminbe wrote:Hi Dallas,,

Thanks for you help and support..
On this rule 'Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot' at the parameters tab in the global settings, what does Offset batches mean, I see you have put number 1, Offset (ticks) 20

Does it mean the time you want to offset the bet e.g. it lays £10 after 10 ticks depending on the 'Offset batches No.'.

If it was 3 it will lay £30.
It is dividing up the stake used and offsetting it a bit at a time (Batches) mostly used when using larger stakes and you dont want to wait for the whole amount of the opening bet to be filled or the kill time to expire.

So for example using a £500 stake and 10 offset Batches means as every £50 of the opening bet is matched £50 is then offset for you, if you used the same stake with 4 offset Batches then as each £125 is matched this amount is then offset.
eminbe

Dallas wrote:
forumuser wrote:Hi Dallas, is there an opposite setting that could work on this at all?

Thanks
Yes it can be done, only the usual offset cant be used to create a free bet if it loses so this part will have to be done slightly differently.

The easiest way is probably take the 'Lay the 1st to 2.0' bot and change the odds to 1.50 (or what ever odds you want to lay at)

Then instead of any offsets decide how many ticks profit you want and work out what the green up profit would be from that - then create a back bet to place at these odds for the green up amount after the above lay part has triggered.

For example if you wanted 50 ticks profit after the original lay @ 1.50 for £10 this would require a back bet at 2.0 for £5.
That will leave £0 if this horse still wins and £5 profit if any other horse wins

The add a back bet rule to it using the 'green plus' icon
Trigger just once and on parameters tab use 'Place at fixed odds' 2.0 for £5
then use the conditions
'Number of matched bets condition'
on selection is 'equal to' 1

That should do it
Is that lay rule available to download please.. ;)
Dallas

eminbe wrote:Is that lay rule available to download please.. ;)
No there is just the written instructions in the post above on which rule to start with and what edits need to be made to it.
eminbe

Do I need to create a new Guardian Automation Bot or edit the 'Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot' with the instructions you have provided.
Dallas

eminbe wrote:Do I need to create a new Guardian Automation Bot or edit the 'Create a Free Bet on the Fav Guardian Automation Bot' with the instructions you have provided.
The instructions where to edit the bot from this thread
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11362
eminbe

On lay bet its selection is any horses, I want to add a back bet to the same selection, How can I do that please.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”