Back the Steamer Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

sportlife wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 am
Hello Dallas,

First of all, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us. You are very much appreciated.

haven studied the logic behind this bot for a while, and also from my personal observations on in-play racing, I was just wondering if you could please guide me through the steps to creating a similar bot , so I'll letter add some conditions to improve it's efficiency.

Basically, I just need a bot that will monitor ALL runners above odds of 7.0 before event start time, and place a £20 Lay bet on the first to trade bellow 7.0 during in-play. The rule should only trigger once, on the first runner and stop.

In other words, I simply want to Lay the field at 6.8 in-play, but excluding horses that are already bellow 7.0 before event start. Only the first to trade bellow 7.0 soon as the event starts, should be Layed.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind assistance.

Best regards
Thanks for your comments, to achieve what your after you could start with this bot and just change it from a back to a lay rule and the odds it triggers at from odds on to 7.0 (this is done on the parameters and condition tab)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414

On the General tab also change from 'Applied to Betfair order order of favouritism 1' to ANY
Then add another 'Fixed Odds Cond'
Selections Actual SP
Is Greater than 7.0
jimibt

hi there... haven't studied Dallas's original rule but based on your criteria, the attached should cover your request:

1. Creates a signal on all runners where ActualSP>7
2. Places a lay bet for £120 liability (don't use fixed ££'s on a lay, just in case it spirals out to high odds and then spins back in) on the first runner to go below 7 odds.

It should be pretty tweakable to suit your requirements.. (please note - created on BA version 1.49)

enjoy
jm
Sportlife - lay below x odds.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sportlife

Okay,

Big thanks to Dallas and also to Jimibt for your kind assistance.

I'll hopefully run a test and update you guys tomorrow. Until then, I've tried to study the rules behind Jimibt attached bot, and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to set a signal to include horses that where bellow 7.0 before start, but drifted during in-play to or above the 7.0 , fall back down?

Lastly, Jimibt, Sorry please, I found your bot very useful and self explanatory, but I may still need just a little clarification on the General Tab of Signal/ modify signal. You set the rule to trigger 05 seconds in-play and 20 seconds after in-play. does this mean the signal will only work for the first 20 seconds after event start time or am probably missing something? (see attached picture for detail)

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sportlife

Thank again Dallas,
And sorry please, I' was actually looking to place Lay bet and not Backing as the link is your directed me
jimibt

sportlife wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Lastly, Jimibt, Sorry please, I found your bot very useful and self explanatory, but I may still need just a little clarification on the General Tab of Signal/ modify signal. You set the rule to trigger 05 seconds in-play and 20 seconds after in-play. does this mean the signal will only work for the first 20 seconds after event start time
the 1st rule is purely in place to capture a signal on all runners that qualify for the lay (used) later on in the rule. this 1st rule fires 15 times to capture all runners that had a ActualSP > 7 and flags them as such. Later, this signal (canLay) is used in the lay rule, which is triggered if this signal is present and also if the lay odds shorten to <7.

there's a ton of other stuff that you could add to this in order to shore up the likelihood of hitting a loser. typically, you might refactor the actual lay rule to be another signal. you'd set this signal onto the 1st qualifying runner as before, but instead of laying, you'd monitor the runner to ensure that it didn't go below 5 odds. if it remained between 6 and 7 and then went > ActualSP (by a few ticks), you could then place the lay bet.

just a contrived example but one that may be part of your actual thought process when you are doing this manually. i would sketch out your mind map on how you manually action this type of trade and assign psuedo data points to the elements where you see transitions occurring. this should allow you to map a rule with signals to the manual process. as it stands, you've got a charcoal sketch, rather than a watercolour... the end game being a Holbein (or preferably a Dali as it'll be more abstract) :D
jimibt

here's a small edit to the previous file to demonstrate a typical simple strategy that monitors the runners as before but then becomes opinionated on how and when to place the lay bet:

1. a signal monitors and flags all runners that started > 7 odds
2. a 2nd signal monitors the above flagged runners and sets a 2nd signal on any from that subset that go below 3 odds. this signal also adds a flag (actually an incremented counter) to the market (subSetRunnerMarketReady) to highlight that one of the sub set runners has created a market condition that we can globally use in certain strategic ways.
3. arbitarilly the lay bet now fires on any runner that contains both signals but is now trading between 6 and 8 odds (i.e. may have drifted out of contention)

Step 3 could be changed to reflect a host of scenarios -i.e. that the runner possessed only the 1st signal and not the second signal and that the market signal (subSetRunnerMarketReady) has been set, thus allowing you to create a lay on another runner that was in the original subset etc...
Sportlife - lay below x odds v1.1.baf
Niko

Every days a learning day, thanks for that jimibt!
sportlife

Thank you so much for your assistance. You really came through, proving a whole lot of important info's and tweaks which actually worked even more than my initial expectation. The extra effort you put in was really appreciated. You are awesome!
LaMaquinaVerde

Hi Dallas,
I've been having a play around with this bot for a few days,thanks for sharing.You say the bot will monitor all runners below 20.0 but this one regularly fires in bets on runners at all odds. Can you please tell me how I can programme this bot to only use selections below a certain odds level. Thanks in advance Dallas.
wearthefoxhat

LaMaquinaVerde wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 pm
Hi Dallas,
I've been having a play around with this bot for a few days,thanks for sharing.You say the bot will monitor all runners below 20.0 but this one regularly fires in bets on runners at all odds. Can you please tell me how I can programme this bot to only use selections below a certain odds level. Thanks in advance Dallas.
Set it to trigger once. It will only trade 1 runner. Also under Green All, alter Selection (conditions only) to ANY SELECTION.

Last 3 races @ Kempton to £5 stakes; +1.08, -0.20, +0.88

Easy enough to scale up when ready.
LaMaquinaVerde

Thanks Wearthefoxhat. I managed to change the odds parameters to under 20.0 I found that the file I downloaded was triggering on any odds. Been playing around with this bot for a few days and,although early days,I can see a lot of potential in it. Considering putting in a trailing stop also.
smitdog

Hello Dallas , Wondering if you can help please as i am not familiar with setting up signals ?
With this file for example how do you add and link to the BAF a pre bet signal to meet a specified price criteria .

Just for example sake - how do you add a signal that only places a steamer bet only if the below signal criteria is meet .
1st Fav is between $2.00 to $3.00 and the 2nd Fav is between 2.50 to 3.50

Any help would greatly appreciated

Attached is file

Thanks David.
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 am
Hello Dallas , Wondering if you can help please as i am not familiar with setting up signals ?
With this file for example how do you add and link to the BAF a pre bet signal to meet a specified price criteria .

Just for example sake - how do you add a signal that only places a steamer bet only if the below signal criteria is meet .
1st Fav is between $2.00 to $3.00 and the 2nd Fav is between 2.50 to 3.50

Any help would greatly appreciated

Attached is file

Thanks David.
Not had a chance to look at the file but to achieve the principal you can do it without signals by adding 4 X fixed odds conditions to the back bet rule, two to test the range of odds for the fav then another two to test the range of odds for the 2nd fav
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17622

You could do it with signals if you wanted by adding a 'Set/Modify signal' rule type with those same 4 conditions so that a signal is set on the selection when they are met

Then on your back bet rule add a signal set condition so that the back bet triggers upon condition the signal from above is now set

The 2nd post of the following thread steps through that principal
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17725
smitdog

Thanks Dallas , Thanks and had a try but i am still struggling in adding a pricing signal set up before i go to the next step of placing a back or lay bet .
So for example if i were to use the attached file and wanted to add a back bet or lay bet outside the 1st and 2nd favourite .
providing it meets the price range of the 1st and 2nd Fav in the market.
For example -
2 minutes Before race -
Critera for a bet back or lay bet must be -
1st Fav must be between 2.00 to 3.00 ,
2nd fav it must be between 2.50 to 3.00
If critera for the above prices doesn't match then no bet
One minute before race -
If the signal is ok and meets price criteria on 1st and 2nd Fav then proceed to back or lay as per steamer or drifter file attached

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help with this
Cheers David..
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:45 pm
Thanks Dallas , Thanks and had a try but i am still struggling in adding a pricing signal set up before i go to the next step of placing a back or lay bet .
So for example if i were to use the attached file and wanted to add a back bet or lay bet outside the 1st and 2nd favourite .
providing it meets the price range of the 1st and 2nd Fav in the market.
For example -
2 minutes Before race -
Critera for a bet back or lay bet must be -
1st Fav must be between 2.00 to 3.00 ,
2nd fav it must be between 2.50 to 3.00
If critera for the above prices doesn't match then no bet
One minute before race -
If the signal is ok and meets price criteria on 1st and 2nd Fav then proceed to back or lay as per steamer or drifter file attached

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help with this
Cheers David..
Ill have a look in the morning when I next fire up BA, if I've not responded by dinner time give the thread a bump to remind me

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”