Scalp the Cross-Overs Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Horse Racing markets

The bot will monitor each of the cross-over points (where price increments change) on all selections up to odds of 10.0 - So that's 2.0,4.0,6.0 & 10.0 and will start doing this 15 mins before the off-time.

When the back price of any selection reaches any of these prices the bot adds a £10 lay bet at the cross-over which is offset for 1 tick if matched, once the offset is matched the process can begin again up until 30 seconds before the off at which time it will stop placing any more new bets, then with 10 secs remaining any unmatched bets will be cancelled and a final green up done to ensure everything is equal across all selections before the start of the event.

To use the file just click on the Scalp the Cross-Over.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rolandbk5

Hi Dallas
Many thank's again for all your help and I am now up to this stage of trying these files, would never have got this far without you.

Roland
JMoney

is it possible to add a condition where you only lay at a certain price if so many runners are above a threshold?

e.g. Lay fav but all other runners must price must be above 8?

Regards
JJ
Dallas

JMoney wrote:is it possible to add a condition where you only lay at a certain price if so many runners are above a threshold?

e.g. Lay fav but all other runners must price must be above 8?

Regards
JJ
Yes if you add the following condition

"Fixed odds Condition"
Nominated by poistion (sorted in order of favourtism) 2
Last traded price
is "Greater" than 8.0
JMoney

Hi,

I'm working on a file and have nearly completed it but just want to make sure im doing it right. my last rule am using is like a steamer condition.

e.g. only place a lay bet if the odds of other horses are falling therefore catching the cross overs easier. Would I be right in thinking this comes under a "condition" "Historic relative odds" and not as a separate rule.

Many Thanks for any help!

Regards

JJ
Dallas

Yes thats right, your basically saying place the lay bet on the condition the other runner/s have shortened in price - and if they have nt do not lay
lazzasurf

Hello.

Ive been running this bot all afternoon, works fine. Just a quick question, one of the markets got matched 19 times at £10 each time. Would i need £190 in my betfair account for it to be successful, and as betfair can take up to 5+ mins to settle would in need considerably more to cover the next 2 or so races?
And as it got matched a odd (19) amount of times would it have been better getting matched a even number of times (20) If so how could i adjust the bot to allow it more time to get the final evening up bet to be placed with out a new lay bet kicking in?
Many thanks
Dallas

lazzasurf wrote:Hello.

Ive been running this bot all afternoon, works fine. Just a quick question, one of the markets got matched 19 times at £10 each time. Would i need £190 in my betfair account for it to be successful, and as betfair can take up to 5+ mins to settle would in need considerably more to cover the next 2 or so races?

Many thanks
No the money is recycled each time the offset is matched and because it starts by laying you only need a bank with enough to cover the highest liability, so if its laying a runner @ 10.0 a bank of £100 is enough to this and it can still simultaneously lay at all the lower cross-overs as well.

Also it does nt to be a even number because it only places the offset part (back bet) once the lay is matched, so when you seen it trigger 19 times that will of been 19 lays followed by 19 offset backs
greety

Hi (Dallas!)
Tried using this a couple of hours ago and the bot went inplay. I haven't changed a thing since downloading apart from the stake (£2).
Obviously, the triggering stops at thirty seconds before the off. One quite hefty loss but you don't want to go inplay anyway, would you?
Dallas

greety wrote:Hi (Dallas!)
Tried using this a couple of hours ago and the bot went inplay. I haven't changed a thing since downloading apart from the stake (£2).
Obviously, the triggering stops at thirty seconds before the off. One quite hefty loss but you don't want to go inplay anyway, would you?
If your switching the market to the main Bet Angel screen it should be greening up and clearing any unmatched bets well before the off, if its running in guardian with dozens of other markets the green up trigger window could be getting missed
don_j

Great work Dallas! I have been testing this bot. There was one race yesterday where the results were a bit strange/unexpected.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) are up for it, and feel like they can take a stab at what happened, I have appended the relevant lines from the log from yesterday's race. My concern is basically with runner Daghash:

06/06/2016 21:10:29: [G_Auto] : € 2.00 Lay bet placed on Daghash at 6. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 69522689107 ( Fill or kill bet with 120 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks. )
06/06/2016 21:11:02: [G_Auto] : € 2 of unmatched bet (Ref:69522689107) was filled before remainder was killed.
06/06/2016 21:11:02: [G_Auto] : € 2.00 Back bet placed on Daghash at 6.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 69522714759

Lay bet matched at odd of 6 and an unmatched back bet at 6.2 (this one never got matched). Daghash then shortened considerably and the automation rule greened up correctly:

06/06/2016 21:14:30: [G_Auto] : Greened up Daghash by Backing 2.45 at 4.9

The weird thing is, it then went on to back again three minutes later:

06/06/2016 21:14:33: [G_Auto] : Greened up Daghash by Backing 2.50 at 4.8

So instead of a 0.45€ loss I was left with a 2.95€ loss on this runner. Perhaps someone can take the time to explain to a complete novice what happened here?
Dallas

Thereis not apperant reason for it except that the bot is set to trigger a twice incase it does not get matched one the first occasion.
It looks like it may of triggered the 2nd green up at the exact moment the initial greenup was mathched and as ended up greening twice 1 tick apart.

Maybe reduce to just the one time or increase to 3 times if it happens anymore but i dont think its something you will see that often
greety

Thanks Dallas.
Is there any way round this?
Dallas

greety wrote:Thanks Dallas.
Is there any way round this?
Guardian can be set up a number of ways, It depends what your doing as to which suits best.
If your not doing no manual trading and just running this one pre-race automation you could set guardian this way

Guardain refresh interval 200ms
Restrict Refresh before event start time 930 secs
till 10 secs after event time start

Or leave as you currently have it and just tick the "Automatically switch Bet Angel Market box" 60 secs
That will open the upcoming market onto your main Bet Angel screen so it can be refreshed accroding to the refresh rate you have set here (which should be 200ms).
greety

Still going inplay Dallas. Switched markets to 60 seconds and 200 ms refresh.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”