Scalping & Kill Unmatched Offsets Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on any market type, which demonstrates a way of using the new Signals feature.

If your not yet using V1.44 you will need to download from here before this bot will work.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11939

For the final 5 mins this bot scalps the favourite for 2 ticks opening with a £10 Back bet when the WOM is greater than 60% if this part is not matched with in 5 seconds it is killed, if matched a 2 tick offset including greening is placed - If this remains unmatched for 10 seconds it is greened up at the best price and the whole process can start again.
With 5 seconds remaining it does a final green up.

To use the file just click on the Scalp & Kill Unmatched Offsets.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Dallas - lovely start on this (potentially) most profitable of scenarios. Will reload any tweaks back to the community..
Dallas

jimibt wrote:Dallas - lovely start on this (potentially) most profitable of scenarios. Will reload any tweaks back to the community..
With so many avenues to explore with these signals if a few where re-shared after some tweaks or modifications it would be a much faster way for everyone to learn and benefit more from them.
jimibt

Dallas wrote: With so many avenues to explore with these signals if a few where re-shared after some tweaks or modifications it would be a much faster way for everyone to learn and benefit more from them.
agreed and will honour that sentiment, especially as i've taken on board so much from your examples. will only pop up good starting points as you do, rather than fully formed strats, as this is def the best way to learn (build and consolidate via understanding)
zanpo

I tried this in practice mode, but I try to back on ANY selection instead of the 1st as it is by default, but then the green unmatched offset function doesn't work. It works only with 1 position, not any positions? Or what am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

zanpo wrote:I tried this in practice mode, but I try to back on ANY selection instead of the 1st as it is by default, but then the green unmatched offset function doesn't work. It works only with 1 position, not any positions? Or what am I doing wrong?
this will be due to the fact that in this rule, there's a signal being set by the Unmatched Bets Signal line. This particular signal is also set to fire against the selection in pos 1 of favouritism, so you've need to change this to ANY selection as well. In fact, you'd need to change ALL the rules to ANY selection in order to keep the process in check with your aims.
zanpo

jimibt wrote:
zanpo wrote:I tried this in practice mode, but I try to back on ANY selection instead of the 1st as it is by default, but then the green unmatched offset function doesn't work. It works only with 1 position, not any positions? Or what am I doing wrong?
this will be due to the fact that in this rule, there's a signal being set by the Unmatched Bets Signal line. This particular signal is also set to fire against the selection in pos 1 of favouritism, so you've need to change this to ANY selection as well. In fact, you'd need to change ALL the rules to ANY selection in order to keep the process in check with your aims.
Yes this is how I did it, I modified all the 4 rules of this bot, not just the green unmatched offset, I didn't express myself correctly in the first post. Wherever I see "applies to" I put "Any selection" instead of "position 1"
Dallas

You also need to change the actual signals from market to selection for each rule type.

On each signal tab where it says signal to the market change that to 'None' and for signal to selection select the same signal action and name that was used in the above market area which you have just changed to none.

Then go through the conditions for each rule type and change ALL signal conditions set for the market to a selection (you wont have to actually enter a selection it should pick up ANY already from where you have selected it in the 'general' tab of your rule).
zanpo

Any ideas why the offset bet doesn't get placed at all? I have some situations when the lay bet gets matched, but the back offset doesn't get placed by the bot at all, so I end up going down the negative side in this way
Dallas

It depends what changes you have made. Originally the bot placed back bets and if matched this was offset with a lay bet, if you have changed it to lay first and offset with a back bet it will depend on what exactly you have changed when doing this.

Although regardless of these changes it can’t offset sometimes and not others, the rule type must be set to either offset all the time or not at all - there is no in between or switching between the two without editing the rule.
zanpo

For this bot the timer was described as "If this remains unmatched for 10 seconds it is greened up" but where do we set up these number of seconds?
Dallas

zanpo wrote:For this bot the timer was described as "If this remains unmatched for 10 seconds it is greened up" but where do we set up these number of seconds?
On the 'cancel unmatched offset' rule the signal value is equal to 10 secs

As a signal is set each second a unmatched bet is in the market the number entered here is the number of seconds required before the offset is cancelled.
zanpo

Thanks for the useful and fast replies Dallas, you really help me a lot understanding how Betangel works! Big thumbs up :D

From Monday I am thinking of going in real money with my strategy, you think there will be any differences from play mode regarding to bets matching? I only use 10 pounds stakes in practice mode for a scalping bot, and they get matched really well, you have any idea if in real mode there will be problems with matching?
Dallas

£10 stakes will be perfectly fine, its only a problem when using larger stakes of several hundred pounds as these will have an effect when put into the real market.
zanpo

I am offsetting with greening, and using the kill unmatched offset rules in this bot, but sometimes this error appears in the log, and the offset just sits there for minutes, taking my profit to the negative side.

What does
€ 10 of unmatched bet (Ref:XXXXX) was filled before remainder was killed.
mean and how can I avoid it?

Code: Select all

03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  Automation Signal for 4. Brookwood Pat: All Signals Cleared
03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  € 10.00 Lay bet placed on 4. Brookwood Pat at 4.8.  Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market.   Ref: 23247          ( Fill or kill bet with 5 seconds delay.  Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening.   )
03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  € 10 of unmatched bet (Ref:23247) was filled before remainder was killed.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”