Scalping & Kill Unmatched Offsets Guardian Automation Bot

zanpo

For this bot the timer was described as "If this remains unmatched for 10 seconds it is greened up" but where do we set up these number of seconds?
Dallas

zanpo wrote:For this bot the timer was described as "If this remains unmatched for 10 seconds it is greened up" but where do we set up these number of seconds?
On the 'cancel unmatched offset' rule the signal value is equal to 10 secs

As a signal is set each second a unmatched bet is in the market the number entered here is the number of seconds required before the offset is cancelled.
zanpo

Thanks for the useful and fast replies Dallas, you really help me a lot understanding how Betangel works! Big thumbs up :D

From Monday I am thinking of going in real money with my strategy, you think there will be any differences from play mode regarding to bets matching? I only use 10 pounds stakes in practice mode for a scalping bot, and they get matched really well, you have any idea if in real mode there will be problems with matching?
Dallas

£10 stakes will be perfectly fine, its only a problem when using larger stakes of several hundred pounds as these will have an effect when put into the real market.
zanpo

I am offsetting with greening, and using the kill unmatched offset rules in this bot, but sometimes this error appears in the log, and the offset just sits there for minutes, taking my profit to the negative side.

What does
€ 10 of unmatched bet (Ref:XXXXX) was filled before remainder was killed.
mean and how can I avoid it?

Code: Select all

03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  Automation Signal for 4. Brookwood Pat: All Signals Cleared
03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  € 10.00 Lay bet placed on 4. Brookwood Pat at 4.8.  Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market.   Ref: 23247          ( Fill or kill bet with 5 seconds delay.  Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening.   )
03/08/2016 21:03:03: [G_Auto] :  € 10 of unmatched bet (Ref:23247) was filled before remainder was killed.
Dallas

It means it was filled (Matched) at this time, just prior to that your log will show something like.
"Back bet placed on XXX Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: XXX"

using the same Bet Id (Ref) which is the bet being triggered and placed in the market

If it is triggered and matched immediately it would show as something like
"Back bet placed on XXX. Fully matched at 2.16. Ref: XXX"

This would be achieved by placing at 'Best Price' on the parameters tab
zanpo

Ok, look at this situation, it just happened in one of the races just now. Its a clear example of an unmatched offset waiting and not getting greened out by the rules.

In the image the back bet is the offset bet, and it's sitting for 14 seconds waiting, and in my automation rules is set to green at 5 seconds.

The log shows this line for this bet:

03/08/2016 21:51:28: [G_Auto] :  € 9.76 Back bet placed on 4. Lets Go Smiley at 4.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market.   Ref: 25776
And this bet reference appears again only at the end of the log, when it was greened up by the automation rule:

03/08/2016 21:52:30: [G_Auto] :  Cancelling bets 25776  
03/08/2016 21:52:30: [G_Auto] :  Greened up 4. Lets Go Smiley by Backing 14.24 at 2.88
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Because the start time for the race is 21:53:00 and your 'green up' rule is set to arm 29secs before the event start time.
As soon as it get to this time and arms its triggering straight away - hence the green up at 21:52:30
zanpo

Dallas wrote:Because the start time for the race is 21:53:00 and your 'green up' rule is set to arm 29secs before the event start time.
As soon as it get to this time and arms its triggering straight away - hence the green up at 21:52:30
Yes this is true and correct.

But my concern is with the unmatched offset which is that back bet. The rule is set to green up at 5 seconds and as you can see it's 14 seconds and still didn't get greened up.
Dallas

As i said in the last response this is because your 'green up' rule is not yet armed therefore it can't/won't green up till after it has become armed - which is not until 30 seconds before the scheduled event start time.

Once it is armed it will also need a the value of the signal named 'unmatched' to equal 5.

I would assume this condtion has already been met sometime prior hence the reason it triggers as soon as its armed.
zanpo

Oh I messed up the images.

Yes I have a final green up from 29 seconds before the off.

But I also have this "Cancel unmatched offset" rule from 15 minutes to 30s before the off with the unmatched signal set to 5 seconds. So this is the rule that was supposed to trigger but didn't, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Do you have a rule setting the actual signal for this green up to look at?

In the original set up of this rule there was a 'Set/Modify signal' rule type called 'unmatched' which was set each second there was a unmatched bet in the market and was increased the value by 1 each time, when that value reaches 5 (meaning 5 seconds have elapsed with a unmatched bet) then the green up rule your using looks at this and triggers.
zanpo

I attached all the rules and conditions I am using so that you can have a clear image of my system Dallas. What do you think, I am missing something somewhere?

I have 5 images and I can put only 3 attachments, so I've uploaded the images on an external website:

http://acu.ro/lay.png

http://acu.ro/reset.png

http://acu.ro/unmatched-signal.png

http://acu.ro/green-unmatched.png

http://acu.ro/final-green-up.png
jimibt

it may be better to attach the actual rule, then it could be more easily scanned and tested, then posted back when modified.
Dallas

It would be easier to view the rule in action but from briefly looking at those images i would change all the signal from being set on the 'selection' to 'market' and also change the condtions looking at the signals set from 'selection' to 'market'

The main problem may then be down to how your cycling/refreshing the markets in guardian - this thread will explain this process further and you will have a idea if this is a possible cause of your problem.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

So i would advise doing the above changes then loading just 1-2 markets into guardian and run the rule of them using the fastest 200ms refresh setting and see if that works - if not as Jimibt has said if you attach the actual rule it will be easier to spot the probelm through running it than going through all those images especially if its just one small element thats wrong.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”