Directional Scalping Pre Off Guardian Automation Bot

tony63

Thanks Dallas.

Refresh was set to 200millisecs but I have changed the advanced screen settings to those suggested.

If I can, I'll try and run it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I am still having problems.

Thanks again.
Dallas

tony63 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:40 pm
Thanks Dallas.

Refresh was set to 200millisecs but I have changed the advanced screen settings to those suggested.

If I can, I'll try and run it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I am still having problems.

Thanks again.
I had a look at this last night and have been able to recreate it a few times, it actually looks like a rounding issue when in practice mode.
If you want to keep an eye on it you can do but the main thing is the bets are matching ok so its really just a minor bug in the log report when in PM which could probably be debugged in the next build.

I would still change the settings i suggested in my earlier message as these will ensure the bot is able to trigger optimally
tony63

Sorry, I can't agree.

I thought the idea was a bet was placed and if matched a reverse bet is then placed 1 tick away. If the second bet is matched then that gives us our profit.

What is happening is that a bet is being placed, matched, reported as being killed, no reverse bet placed 1 tick away, a second lay bet being placed, again matched, again reported as being killed, again no reverse bet being placed ( which could go go several times until green up) and then a green up by which time the price could have moved significantly in the wrong direction.

A rounding issue - sorry I can't see it. A timing issue I can see. I did think about extending the 3 seconds but that won't make any difference if the reverse bet isn't placed.

I also thought about seeing if back bets = lay bets (somehow) but that doesn't work as any 1 bet matched may split over more than 1 transaction.

It begs 2 questions. I'm guessing live and practice modes actually work slightly differently but

1) It potentially could hit any bot. I can't see it being the rules file but the timings or the way the rules files are inturpreted by the Bet Angel software.

2) Is it affecting live processing? Having seen the problem I know I won't be risking real money.

Today I am running on your revised settings. There haven't been any instances yet but there have only been a limited number of opportunities.

A thought that occured. Doesn't the settings given mean that any in play opportunities have to be excluded? EG I was looking at your file this morning. Soccer - lay the correct score after 80 minutes. Wouldn't that require unrestricted refresh rates. I'm just trying to improve my understanding here.

Thanks again Dallas!
Dallas

tony63 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm

I thought the idea was a bet was placed and if matched a reverse bet is then placed 1 tick away. If the second bet is matched then that gives us our profit.

What is happening is that a bet is being placed, matched, reported as being killed, no reverse bet placed 1 tick away, a second lay bet being placed, again matched, again reported as being killed, again no reverse bet being placed ( which could go go several times until green up) and then a green up by which time the price could have moved significantly in the wrong direction.
When it happened for me i was using a different rule and just happened to notice it. Although the offset was still triggering perfectly it was just a simple case of the log mistakenly writing the opening bet had been killed.

If the offset is not being placed after a matched bet for you that's a different thing and something i never seen happen - this is done via a straight forward fill/kill order which has been used in 1000s of rules without issue in both PM and LM
tony63 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm

A thought that occured. Doesn't the settings given mean that any in play opportunities have to be excluded? EG I was looking at your file this morning. Soccer - lay the correct score after 80 minutes. Wouldn't that require unrestricted refresh rates. I'm just trying to improve my understanding here.

Thanks again Dallas!
The setting i gave were just for this pre-race rule, you would need to change them if using a in-play rule, this following thread explains how guardian refreshing/cycling works so you should get an idea of the best ways to set it up depending on your requirements
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37&t=11491
faris

Hllo Dallas,
The Directional Scalping Pre Off bot , is it possible to add a condition that it will automatically high light the market next to be traded in blue in the guardian without clicking manually as to go through all the market at 200 millisecond and that takes 13 to15 second to recycle to place a back bet to green up.where if it high light it in blue it take less than 1 seconds
thanks
ShaunWhite

Use the Advanced Settings tab in Guardian to restrict the refresh, there's little point refreshing markets that have past or are much into the future.
BlackHat Betting

With the WOM... in the manual the description implies that if you are looking for a runner thats drifting out the WOM needs to be less than 50%

but here you show that it has to be greater than 50% ie 65%....

I am a little confused
Dallas

BlackHat Betting wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm
With the WOM... in the manual the description implies that if you are looking for a runner thats drifting out the WOM needs to be less than 50%

I am a little confused
The WOM condition only looks at the lay side of the book, so if you wanted to test that the WOM on the back side is greater than 65% you would set the condition to <35% (as <35% on lay side is the same as saying >65% on the back side)
BlackHat Betting

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 pm
BlackHat Betting wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm

I am a little confused
The WOM condition only looks at the lay side of the book, so if you wanted to test that the WOM on the back side is greater than 65% you would set the condition to <35% (as <35% on lay side is the same as saying >65% on the back side)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/wei ... money.html
Weight of Money

This condition allows the automation rule's trigger to be filtered by the weight of money of its selection.

The weight of money will be < 50% if there is more money waiting to be matched on the lay side of the selection than on the back side.
It will be > 50% if there is more money waiting to be matched on the back side of the selection than on the lay side.

In the screenshot below the condition is set to allow a trigger if the Weight of Money (WOM) is less than 20%; indicating pressure in the market for the price to shorten.
BlackHat Betting

That reads like the opposite to you @dallas
the woodworker

Hi Dallas, thanks for this download which works great. I have however added an offset trade with greening at 10 points and a stop loss at 5, and whilst it works well, it tends to place another lay bet immediately after the offset activation, presumably because the movement has been sufficient to trigger the next lay. This can negate the initial profit. Is there a way to defer the next lay on the same horse whilst permitting lays on others to continue to activate if they meet the price movement criteria.
Dallas

the woodworker wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 pm
Hi Dallas, thanks for this download which works great. I have however added an offset trade with greening at 10 points and a stop loss at 5, and whilst it works well, it tends to place another lay bet immediately after the offset activation, presumably because the movement has been sufficient to trigger the next lay. This can negate the initial profit. Is there a way to defer the next lay on the same horse whilst permitting lays on others to continue to activate if they meet the price movement criteria.
If you add the following condition to the lay rule;
'Fill or Kill bet time delay' is greater than 2 secs

That would stop any further lays appearing between the millisecond gap of the opening bet being matched and the offset being placed - once the offset is placed the current unmatched bet condition will prevent further lays until its matched
kening

With apologies for my undoubted naivity.

I have been trialling this bot for a few days with reasonable success.

However, today I had a real reverse where it looks like a selection went in play without greening. I had an open lay position at 8.80. The horse, inevitably, won so I am down £78.

I thought that the greening condition was supposed to prevent that happening.

Have I got that wrong?
Dallas

kening wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

However, today I had a real reverse where it looks like a selection went in play without greening. I had an open lay position at 8.80. The horse, inevitably, won so I am down £78.

Have I got that wrong?
The green-up rule is armed for 8 secs (between 10 and 2 secs before official start) and will trigger twice within this time

How many markets did you have in guardian approx and what guardian refresh rate are you using?
kening

Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm
kening wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Have I got that wrong?
The green-up rule is armed for 8 secs (between 10 and 2 secs before official start) and will trigger twice within this time

How many markets did you have in guardian approx and what guardian refresh rate are you using?
Thanks, Dallas

I had set guardian to hit each UK horse race so probably more than 30.

The refresh rate was 350 ms - so far as I can see.

Cheers

Ken

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”