Directional Scalping Pre Off Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a Guardian advanced automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets.

This bot follows on from a recent video done by Peter on 1 tick Directional Scalping - see link if you have not yet seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8umchN0kw

The bot monitors all the front runners below 10.0 and uses several ‘Historic Relative Odds Conditions’ to look for when the odds for a runner are showing a drifting directional bias. For the bot to trigger the odds have too of drifted
6 ticks in last 3 mins
3 ticks in last 1 min
1 tick in last 10 secs

It then checks the WOM on the lay side and if greater than 60% places a £10 fill/kill lay at the best reverse price which is offset by 1 tick with greening if matched, once greened up or the opening bet has been killed if not matched the process can begin again.

The bot is active from 7mins to the last 20secs then at 10 secs before the off a final green up is done as a safety precaution.

To use the file just click on the Directional Scalping pre-off.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you wish to change the timings used to identify when a drift/directional bias is underway this can be done by editing the ‘Historical Relative Odds Conditions’ and changing the number of tick/sec you want to see before allowing the bot to trigger.

You can use as many of these as you want, by using only one the bot could be triggered by a sudden spike in price so adding several of these condition’s to look at the movement a period of different times will help the bot identify a more sustained directional movement of the odds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldmiser1952

Thanks dallas will give this a try
herbee07

Hi I'm new to this forum and Bet Angel Automation and have a question about this strategy. I have implemented and played around with this strategy over a couple days and would like to add a new rule which cancels the offsetted bet if it isn't matched within a certain time or after a certain number of ticks movement in the wrong direction. Basically a stop loss.

I have put in a 'close trade on selection' rule in which is triggered by a 'unmatched bet time condition', am I going along the right lines here?

Thanks for any help, really enjoying going through this forum and learning what I can!
Dublin_Flyer

There's a number of ways to do this if you want to get out when the price goes the wrong way.

Simplest is probably a rule to Close Trade on Selection with Greening, then use the condition Close Trade Profit Condition, the selections trading profit with greening is less than -(your get out point) so -5 or -10 or whatever stake you choose.

Alternatively use the Green All Selections rule, with the condition Green All Profit Condition, the green all profit value across all selections is less than - (your get out point) as in the previous example.

Alternativelytively, you could use 2 rules, one to red up if your get out point is hit, and another if your target point is hit, -5 get out and 10 profit target as in picture below.
Green or red all.JPG
It's nearly always best to use greening for ending a trade as it's better to have a small loss across the field, than 1 large loss on a runner and 0 on the others, as Sod's Law says that's the time that runner will romp home leaving you with the big liability.

Final alternatively, you could adjust your initial bet to be an offset with greening and stop or offset with greening and trailing stop. This needs a lot more detail though as a 10 tick stop on a backed runner at 4.5 will green(red) at 5.5 leaving a 1.82 loss on a tenner representing a loss of 18%, whereas a 10 tick stop on a backed 1.75 runner will green(red) at 1.85 leaving a loss of 0.54 on the tenner representing 5.5% so the same rules can't be used for all runners or your exposure would be too high.

A way around this could be to use multiple rules with the fixed odds condition if the runner is priced <2, or >2 and <3, >3 and <4 etc with all the usual safeguard conditions to ensure the rules don't trigger over and over again or go inplay.

Or just ask Dallas :lol:
toyouall

When attempting to import this into Guardian it is saying it is incompatible as it was designed in a different version of Bet Angel - do i need to upgrade or is the BOT out of date do you know?
Dallas wrote:This is a Guardian advanced automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets.

This bot follows on from a recent video done by Peter on 1 tick Directional Scalping - see link if you have not yet seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8umchN0kw

The bot monitors all the front runners below 10.0 and uses several ‘Historic Relative Odds Conditions’ to look for when the odds for a runner are showing a drifting directional bias. For the bot to trigger the odds have too of drifted
6 ticks in last 3 mins
3 ticks in last 1 min
1 tick in last 10 secs

It then checks the WOM on the lay side and if greater than 60% places a £10 fill/kill lay at the best reverse price which is offset by 1 tick with greening if matched, once greened up or the opening bet has been killed if not matched the process can begin again.

The bot is active from 7mins to the last 20secs then at 10 secs before the off a final green up is done as a safety precaution.

To use the file just click on the Directional Scalping pre-off.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

Dallas

You will need to be using the latest version V1.46.1 to use this file, it can be downloaded from here
http://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
Lester239

Hi Dallas wonder if you can help. I'm trialing this bot at the minute . Im struggling to find a way where I want the lay to be placed on one horse at a time. Instead of having multiple selections arming at the same time. Once one bet has gone through then fine I'd like it to search for the next one to lay. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.
Dallas

Lester239 wrote:Hi Dallas wonder if you can help. I'm trialing this bot at the minute . Im struggling to find a way where I want the lay to be placed on one horse at a time. Instead of having multiple selections arming at the same time. Once one bet has gone through then fine I'd like it to search for the next one to lay. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.
Yes if you add the following condition
'number of unmatched bets condition'
on market
is 'equal' to 0

that will ensure only one bet at a time goes through
Lester239

THANK YOU
Willygubbins

Dallas, I want to use the odds movement rules to make a signal to stop a bet being placed if the a nominated horse has drift out prerace, Which I can use the conditions in this rule but is it possible to add if has hit its BSP or it is at its highest traded price?
Thanks
greety

Hi Dallas.
I've been playing around with this with minimum stakes. I've had some good days and then some bad days.
When the trade goes against you, is it possible to set a stop loss? Being pre race, it wouldn't be a problem, would it?
tony63

Hi Dallas,

I've just downloaded the file and am just trialling it. Something that has confused me.

I had a red up at -£8 and so I thought I'd look in more detail to see if I could tweak it. In the log tab it placed 4 bets 100023 100024 100025 and 100026. All bets were then shown in the log as killed after 10 secs. All appears OK so far.

The log then shows greened up. Confused. If all bets are cancelled then there shouldn't be anything to green up.

Looking at the matched bets tab, it then shows bets 100025 and 100026 WERE matched. This explains why there was a green up.

However, no offset bet with greening appeared in matched bets. There were no unmatched bets showing in the unmatched bets tab.

I must be wrong but from the file I would expect:

1 The log and the matched bets to agree.

2 An Offset bet to be placed when the 1st bet is matched.

3) No second bet placed on the same horse until the first offset bet is matched.

I am running in practice mode.

The only changes I have made is to stop trading earlier than 20 secs and I've added export P&L.

From automation tab

16/07/2017 14:30:10: [G_Auto] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Deep Breath at 6.4. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10023 ( Fill or kill bet with 10 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening. )
16/07/2017 14:30:20: [G_Auto] : £ 10 unmatched bet (Ref:10023) was killed.
16/07/2017 14:30:24: [G_Auto] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Golden Spell at 3.8. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10024 ( Fill or kill bet with 10 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening. )
16/07/2017 14:30:34: [G_Auto] : £ 10 unmatched bet (Ref:10024) was killed.
16/07/2017 14:30:51: [G_Auto] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Deep Breath at 6.8. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10025 ( Fill or kill bet with 10 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening. )
16/07/2017 14:31:12: [G_Auto] : £ 10 unmatched bet (Ref:10025) was killed.
16/07/2017 14:31:19: [G_Auto] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Deep Breath at 7.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10026 ( Fill or kill bet with 10 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening. )
16/07/2017 14:31:39: [G_Auto] : £ 10 unmatched bet (Ref:10026) was killed.
16/07/2017 14:34:53: [G_Auto] : Greened up Deep Breath by Backing 28.00 at 5
16/07/2017 14:35:54: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
16/07/2017 14:35:54: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
16/07/2017 14:36:00: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
16/07/2017 14:37:08: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

From Log file

Time Back/Lay Selection Odds Stake Reference
16/07/2017 14:30 Lay Deep Breath 6.8 10 10025
16/07/2017 14:31 Lay Deep Breath 7.2 10 10026
16/07/2017 14:34 Back Deep Breath 5 28 10028

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dallas

I suspect its to do with your refresh settings being used.

If you look at the 3 correctly killed bets they were all done exactly 10secs after they were placed (as per the fill/kill instruction)
The two bets which were actually matched but according to the log were 'killed' were both written to the log well after 10 secs had past (just the two lines were they say they were killed). The only reason i can think of for this is your refresh settings

If your not loading the race to a main trading screen and just running from within guardian make sure you have the refresh interval set at 200ms and then on the 'advanced settings' tab of the guardian banner ensure the restrict refresh option' is enabled and set to about
700 secs before event start
0 secs after event start
tony63

Hi Dallas.

Just to let you know that there is another example - all the instances detailed and so it's not a one off.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”