Back Runner if BSP is Between Odds Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Horse Racing markets

The bot will allow you to back up to two nominated horses per race at any point after the market has opened. They will be backed for £10 at the best odds available 10 seconds before the off IF their projected BSP (Betfair Starting Price) at this time falls within the specified odds range.

Nominating your runners is done from the main Guardian screen simply select them from the dropdown list in the ‘Automated Nominated’ columns - if the rule is applied to a race and both the columns are left empty then the rule wont back anything in that race. (see bottom image).

The horse chosen in the ‘Automation Nominated Selection 1’ column needs to have a projected BSP of between 3.0-6.0
The horse chosen in the ‘Automation Nominated Selection 2’ column needs to have a projected BSP of between 4.0-8.0

(Obviously, you can edit the rule set any BSP range you wish) So it’s a handy rule for those early morning bets you might fancy – but only if the price stays within your chosen range once the race nears post time.

Tip; If you wish to use the Actual BSP rather than the projected BSP the rule will have to trigger after the race has gone in-play and the Actual BSP is known, but at 10secs before the off the projected SP is never far away.

To use the file just click on the Back Runner if BSP is Between.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size and number of ticks used can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetfairTraderTom

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for all the automation files you have put up its really helped me get started with my automation and im currently putting my own spin on them, but i was wondering with this bot is it possible to add a green all selections in play rule to this as not too sure with using the BSP?
Thanks Tom
Dallas

BetfairTraderTom wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:39 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thanks for all the automation files you have put up its really helped me get started with my automation and im currently putting my own spin on them, but i was wondering with this bot is it possible to add a green all selections in play rule to this as not too sure with using the BSP?
Thanks Tom
Glad they are able to help you, to answer your question yes a in-play 'green up' rule can be added, even though its taking BSP it no different than if a regular bet was being placed at the off
BetfairTraderTom

Great :D Thanks Dallas
dollaryen

Can you tell me how you nominate more than 2 horses with this Bot.
Dallas

dollaryen wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Can you tell me how you nominate more than 2 horses with this Bot.
You'll need to open a 2nd instance of BA and nominate a 3rd and 4th in there
illsabio

Is this file also applicable for laying runners by just changing back bet for lay bet?
Dallas

illsabio wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 am
Is this file also applicable for laying runners by just changing back bet for lay bet?
Yes, that it correct
illsabio

Seems to be working correctly so thanks for that, but i was wondering if there is a way to select the horses with prices more near the BSP? I saw that you suggest using actual bsp instead of projected bsp and then use inrunning.
Can you give an example of which settings need to be adjusted in guardian to achieve that?

Thanks!
Dallas

illsabio wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Seems to be working correctly so thanks for that, but i was wondering if there is a way to select the horses with prices more near the BSP? I saw that you suggest using actual bsp instead of projected bsp and then use inrunning.
Can you give an example of which settings need to be adjusted in guardian to achieve that?

Thanks!
To use the actual BSP you'd first need to arm the rules after going in-play
ie, 00:00:00 to 00:00:05

Then on the conditions tab of each back rule change it from
Selections Projected SP
to
Selections Actual SP

That's all it needs
illsabio

Thanks Dallas! Gonna give it a go!
rencoetz

Hi Dallas

I was just wondering what I need to change to the file to have the bet placed at SP ?

Thanks
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Hi Dallas

I was just wondering what I need to change to the file to have the bet placed at SP ?

Thanks
Just the arm times to in-play
00:00:00 till 00:00:05

Then on the parameters tab
Place at 'Actual SP'
waywyrd

Hi,

Firstly thanks for sharing this.

Is there a way of incorporating a staking plan according to wins and losses profits? And any suggestions pointers for Greening up and loss liability?

Cheers,

Waywyd. :)
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm
Hi,

Firstly thanks for sharing this.

Is there a way of incorporating a staking plan according to wins and losses profits? And any suggestions pointers for Greening up and loss liability?

Cheers,

Waywyd. :)
This should help
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”