Pre-Race Data Collection on Fav During Final 5 Mins

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on the Pre-Race Horse Racing markets.

You may have seen Peter post this type of information in the ‘Todays Racing’ thread from time to time
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... start=8217

Which is the opening and closing price of the fav from when he arrives at the market to the off, this bot will collect this same sort data for you, it does this by simply backing the favourite with 5 mins to go using a stake of £2, then greening up at post time and export a Profit/Loss report.

Before using make sure you have enabled "Retain matched bet information at market settlement" by going into Settings > Edit Settings > Automation.

That will allow you to quickly look through the days races and see the matched bets and P/L’s in guardian’s bottom window – if your checking this race by race you may then be able to spot backing or laying biases in either certain meetings or at all meetings which you can then use in the remaining races.

Pre Race Data.JPG

Also attached below is a basic spread sheet to record your results to, I have already entered the ‘real’ results for 12th July afternoon races. All you need do is go through the markets in guardian and enter the back odds In to the ‘5min odds’ column and the lay odds into ‘Post Odds’ column, then work out the P/L – you should be able to do this in your head quickly by subtracting the back stake from the lay stake (or click the ‘odds’ tab and view the P/L that way). Once you have the P/L enter it into the P/L column of the spreadsheet. The final grey column automatically calculates this into £10 stakes and a running total is calculated for you on row 50.

Pre Race Data Res.JPG

To use the file just click on Pre-Race Data Collection on Fav.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redbasil

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the setup of this file with the automation it looks like I've loaded up everything ok on guardian but it only seems to work if I have each individual race open, I can't seem to leave it and let it run! I'm obviously making a schoolboy error but damned if I can find out what it is. Cheers for any help
Dallas

redbasil wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the setup of this file with the automation it looks like I've loaded up everything ok on guardian but it only seems to work if I have each individual race open, I can't seem to leave it and let it run! I'm obviously making a schoolboy error but damned if I can find out what it is. Cheers for any help
It will be your guardian settings, have a read of this thread which explains how markets are refreshed/cycled in guardian
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37&t=11491

For this particular rule try using the following - use the fastest refresh rate and also maybe have guardian 'restrict refresh'
From 330 secs before event start time
till 0 secs after event start time
redbasil

Thanks for the speedy reply Dallas i indeed had several races loaded into guardian so I will try these tomorrow and makes sense how it works every time I had an individual race open. Thankyou again 👍
whimsies

Hi

Please can you let me know if it will run on Australian races

Cheers
Dallas

whimsies wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 pm
Hi

Please can you let me know if it will run on Australian races

Cheers
Yes it can be used on any market, but if there is large gaps in the prices you wont get a accurate idea of the movement so you may want to add a historic relative odds condition to say the back and lay price has no gaps - or very few so you get a truer idea of how far the odds move rather than it just being the gap that's closed
redbasil

Hi Dallas,

Is there any way you can ensure it greens up at the off? I did it to larger scale after perfect weeks trial then when someone came to the door and missing literally 5 mins the green up didn't kick in for a painful loss. Cheers for any advise.
Dallas

redbasil wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:50 pm
Hi Dallas,

Is there any way you can ensure it greens up at the off? I did it to larger scale after perfect weeks trial then when someone came to the door and missing literally 5 mins the green up didn't kick in for a painful loss. Cheers for any advise.
It was made with a 4 sec trigger window at post time, you could increase this - ie arm the rule with 10 secs to go till post time.

Also check your guardian settings, if your using the default 1 sec refresh and have dozens of markets that will cause it to miss the 4 secs window above, see this thread for full details on how best to set guardian up
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37&t=11491
redbasil

Thanks loads for the quick response will adjust accordingly. It still trades better than me ha. :oops:
iambic_pentameter

Sorry to post here but what I'm asking is sort of related.

Is there a way to use Bet Angel to collect prices on all the runners once a race has gone in play - for example:

1) Recording all the price movements per runner in 5, 10, 15 second intervals i.e

Fav has BSP of 4.0 and then goes to 4.2, 3.9 etc?

2) Time stamp those prices at 5secs after post it was X, 10 secs Y etc?

Hope that makes sense?

Iambic
Dallas

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm
Sorry to post here but what I'm asking is sort of related.

Is there a way to use Bet Angel to collect prices on all the runners once a race has gone in play - for example:

1) Recording all the price movements per runner in 5, 10, 15 second intervals i.e

Fav has BSP of 4.0 and then goes to 4.2, 3.9 etc?

2) Time stamp those prices at 5secs after post it was X, 10 secs Y etc?

Hope that makes sense?

Iambic
Yes, there is a few data capture sheets that will do this in the Betfair data section, link below is for a no frills one that will do what your after
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2385
iambic_pentameter

Hi Dallas

Even on a Sunday night, you are there to answer queries - really appreciated, thank you.

Iambic
redbasil

Hi Dallas I have a couple of questions regarding this automation, is it possible to set a rule so that if another horse is close or near the favourites price it won't trigger the bet? For example within 10%, Or secondly just back the horse that has has taken the biggest % of the money?
Dallas

redbasil wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Hi Dallas I have a couple of questions regarding this automation, is it possible to set a rule so that if another horse is close or near the favourites price it won't trigger the bet? For example within 10%, Or secondly just back the horse that has has taken the biggest % of the money?
The purpose really is to trigger all the time (with min stakes) to capture data for every race but you can add conditions to stop it in certain cases if you wish, to do so if the 2nd fav is near you could copy the setting used in the bot below as that's set to trigger if the 2nd fav gets within 1 odds
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52&t=14682

However there is no condition to look for the runner with the higher % of vol but you can
redbasil

I see what you mean regarding using it as a data collection program bit I've been using the program to larger stakes on certain races to great effect it's only the close favs that catch me out so was hoping for a solution.
I noticed on another thread you said I could apply a "fix the order " rule I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”