Simple automation not firing

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
seanr19871

I have 2 very basic automation files which are attached that are not firing and placing a bet.

File 1: Lay 2nd favorite in UK market pre off
File 2: Lay row 1 in Australian market

Any ideas whats going on or what ive done wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

think about the logic. the only condition you have is you are saying matched bets =1.
how can that be?
it can only be 1 after the bet is placed not before.
So by default you are saying place this bet if number of bets in the market is 1. if this is the first bet then it wont work.
seanr19871

yes makes sense when you explained.

I've got another one I need help with (again not firing). I have taken a step back and tried to look at the logic and ask myself what would restrict it from triggering.

Let me explain my thought process.

I want to lay position 1 for £5 liability if the price moves out to 60 or above.
Trigger time set 1 second in-play to 10 minute in-play for 100 times
Fixed odds set to 60 and percentage bet
Now the conditions:
The market is in play
Lay price is above 55
I only want one matched bet so I've set Matched Bets condition to below 2 ensuring no more than 1 is placed.

I'm obviously missing the logic again but I cannot see it. In my eyes the first trigger should fire at 1 seconds in and then every 5 seconds there after. I can't see any conditions that would restrict it from firing but the trigger counter is staying at 0/100

My theory is that if the favorite was to go onto loose the price would rise higher and higher until it reached 60 and then my bet is placed? I know betfair places the bet at the best market price but my theory is if their going that high their likely to loose so wouldnt matter where the bet is placed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

You have set your rule to do this to position 1 in order of favoritism. The current favorite at any given moment will never meet your conditions. Your intention is to do this to the runner that was the favorite at the off.
Suggest you add the Fix Order rule to fire shortly before the off and then your rule wil refer to your intended runner.
Jukebox

I would also suggest that if your intention is to have only one bet matched then your Number of Matched Bets condition should be set to =0 The way you have it at the moment is <2 - which should mean that its free to place another bet even though you have one already matched.

Also think about the unmatched bets you could potentially have out there - you might want to add a condition to not fire while there's an unmatched bet out there - and possibly couple that with with placing fill or kill bets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”