BDP - Historical Data Excel Workbook

sa7med

brendan755 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:14 am
hello all,

having issues my side too... am able to login, and see the data i've requested, but when i try to select the remote data via the filter button i get an error in the bottom left hand corner:

[readcollections error: Object required] <image attached>

seems there is some connection error and am unable to link into the options - market type / country / file type are all blank dropdowns so unable to select anything to download.

is anyone else getting this error or any ideas on how to fix ?

seems to be working via the BF front end so not sure this is a BF issue.
Can you download the data and point the sheet to the data?
brendan755

I have just tried & no it doesnt seem to recognise them. i wonder if there is some interaction with 7 zip when downloading...?
sa7med

brendan755 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 am
I have just tried & no it doesnt seem to recognise them. i wonder if there is some interaction with 7 zip when downloading...?
Do you have 7zip installed? It may be trying to access it. Hard to say without seeing the code.
brendan755

yes i did. i ran a fix on excel and have managed to get the download function working now. my next problem is that it wont take the downloaded files & merge them into a report.

when i try to run all different types of reports, it generates a new tab (with headings), but i get an error msg:

File not found in local database

But all the files have downloaded there. Have set the files to share so shouldnt be a permission issue, but running out of other ideas.

can anyone help ?

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GaryCook

I got this working but the formats it uses are not very useful/intuitive.
For example the markets are just their IDs, not named, so one has to keep clicking through all of them and load them individually into the sheets to see what they are.

Anybody having luck improving it? I could potential write my own VBA with it but it's not a trivial project.

Or what other alternatives are you using for historic odds data, please?

Personally, I don't really need much right now. Just the main markets from about 100 EPL matches.

I've gotten good with using Betangel in combination with Excel/VBA/Python but that was more for future events not historical. Seems to make sense to generally use the data direct from Betfair for that but this workbook seems to need a lot of work to be useable.

Return to “Betfair Data”