Simple Profit & Loss Chart Spreadsheet

nigelk

Using excel 2007 here.

Click on the pivot table so that the pivot table tools are visible on the ribbon tab,select 'options' and 'change data source'

A dialogue box will open and you can set a new data source range.
Kaz2

Hi,

If using ''automation'' all day, how do I enter my results into this spreadsheet please?

Sorry for what will probably be a stupid question but I am not very technically minded :oops: .

Thanks
Kaz
Dallas

Kaz2 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 1:38 pm
Hi,

If using ''automation'' all day, how do I enter my results into this spreadsheet please?

Sorry for what will probably be a stupid question but I am not very technically minded :oops: .

Thanks
Kaz
You would just enter them manually on the 'My Results' tab (first delete out the samples ones that are their already) then just refresh as per the instructions on the OP to update all the charts etc
cybernet69

Be good if this somehow could be included as part of guardian. :D
Kaz2

Thanks Dallas, as always.

Kaz
nigelk

I'm currently working on a project to create a spreadsheet similar to the one created by Dallas & shown above, but I need some volunteers.

This will all be automation based, so you must be using Excel to place your trades.

Ideally:

1. Someone who uses Guardian & Excel to cycle through & place bets during the day.-NOT training mode
2. Someone who uses excel alone and auto trades each race as it comes-NOT training mode
3. Someone who uses the Betfair training mode.
4. Someone who uses Betadaq, but to micro stakes (10p/50p/£1) etc.

There will be a lot of sending/receiving spreadsheets so if you consider your P&L figures to be private then this isn't for you.
If interested please pm me.

Cheers,NIgel.
stevielew75

Dumb question but how to I enter the data? Do I have to input it manually?
Dallas

stevielew75 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 pm
Dumb question but how to I enter the data? Do I have to input it manually?
Yes thats correct the columns are set up so that you can just download the days races from the following site then copy and pasted it straight across which will give you all the course, racy types distances etc - that just leaves the P/L to be manually entered for them at the end of each day
https://www.horseracebase.com/index.php
Makai

Hi Dallas, just looking at the Horse Race Base website, I can't see an easy way to extract just the required information for your spreadsheet. Is there a setting on there I'm missing?
Dallas

Makai wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am
Hi Dallas, just looking at the Horse Race Base website, I can't see an easy way to extract just the required information for your spreadsheet. Is there a setting on there I'm missing?
Without looking and if i remember rightly you just needed to cut and paste the columns needed for the spreadsheet from the main export sheet on HRB
rik

Thanks for the spreadsheet. there is no way to load the Betfair profit file into it, would have to enter every market manually??
nikolong

I have recently got into automation and this has blown my mind. I have a betting strategy that I want to evaluate and this will be awesome. Thank you Dallas you truly are great.
Niko
nikolong

Would it be possible to add your own row headings, i don't know how to do pivot tables. I would like 'days of the week' and 'trainers' to have their own rows too. This is because you know how different Saturdays are to Mondays say, and there is different behaviors associated with different trainers.
Thanks,

Niko
Dallas

nikolong wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:34 am
Would it be possible to add your own row headings, i don't know how to do pivot tables. I would like 'days of the week' and 'trainers' to have their own rows too. This is because you know how different Saturdays are to Mondays say, and there is different behaviors associated with different trainers.
Thanks,

Niko
Yes you can modify it any way you want, it doesn't use and macro's so there's no danger of messing anything up in the background

Return to “Betfair Data”