Betfair Data : Simple Profit & Loss Chart Spreadsheet

Playbyte
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:09 am

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi Dallas

This spreadsheet work fine on Windows machines but the Mac version of Excel does some strange things when creating the Pivottable and chart.

Conclusion, stay with my Windows laptop to run the statistics.

Thanks again for this spreadsheet it certainly will help when looking at a glance to see which races to run with.

Playbyte

WinSJS67
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:48 am

Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 am

Hi, Thanks for the great spreadsheet.
Is there anywhere i can download a daily uk racing spreadsheet from somewhere, or is it required to always add manually?

WinSJS67
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:48 am

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 am

Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS

winevaults
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 pm

anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this

User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 9029
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Contact:

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:20 pm

WinSJS67 wrote:Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS
I use Horseracebase to download the previous days results, see attached. Then just copy and paste the required columns across to this sheet.
I have filtered it to show just the winners (so only one row from each race is shown).

The only column of info not on this sheet is the surface. (Turf or AW)
The race type also shows the full name but that takes 2 seconds to edit down for example
EBF Stallions Median Auction Maiden Fillies Stakes (Plus 10) to Mdn

winevaults wrote:anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this
Yes this thread details ways to save profit and losses using practice mode which can then be added to this spreadsheet just as normal.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brooksyyid
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Your spreadsheet is fantastic!!!
thank you dallas. Your attached file was just what i was looking for and haved checked out Horseracebase. Currently on a free trial but for just £15 PCM will save so much time

Thanks again for all your advice to us newbies, to share your expertise and ideas for nothing in return shows your a true gent :D
Dallas wrote:
WinSJS67 wrote:Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS
I use Horseracebase to download the previous days results, see attached. Then just copy and paste the required columns across to this sheet.
I have filtered it to show just the winners (so only one row from each race is shown).

The only column of info not on this sheet is the surface. (Turf or AW)
The race type also shows the full name but that takes 2 seconds to edit down for example
EBF Stallions Median Auction Maiden Fillies Stakes (Plus 10) to Mdn

winevaults wrote:anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this
Yes this thread details ways to save profit and losses using practice mode which can then be added to this spreadsheet just as normal.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349

brooksyyid
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi Dallas,

Great spreadsheet, just one little problem. I have deleted the test info in "my results" tab and entered my own. When i right click to refresh my new data (in row A) an error message is displayed stating "cannot open Pivottable source file"

Is this something easy to fix?
your continued support is much appreciated

Brooksyyid

User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 9029
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Contact:

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks for your comments, if you have just removed the actual test data (this should be done anyway) then refreshing with your own should nt be a problem.

But if you have removed changed any of the column headers (Row A) this would cause it not to work as the pivottables are looking for these names.

If there is a column you dont want to use it can be left completely blank (not NA or 0)
ie, you could just fill in the going and distance columns along with your P&L if thats all the info you needed charting

brooksyyid
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi Dallas again,

sorry to bother you again :roll:

I love the idea of this spreadsheet but just cannot get it to work.
Step by step i
updated betangel to newest version
downloaded excel attachment
deleted test data starting from A2 downwards (didn't touch column headings)
entered 10 entries filling in each cell. No cells were blank or contained 0 or N/A
clicked on "type tab"
right clicked in column "A" to refresh.

then the attached screenshot is displayed
Again sorry to bother you
thanks
brooksyyid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 9029
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Contact:

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Im not overly familiar with excel errors but that looks like you have it stored in one location but are updating from another.
Do you have the downloaded file saved to your local PC desktop or folder and are you opening it from and with Excel installed on that same computer?

Post Reply

Return to “Betfair Data”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest