Betfair SP and Excel

Sovereign

Hello, first post on the forum, from a (fairly) new BetAngel user!

I'm just wondering if anyone might be able to help me with some sorting of data with Excel. It's been a few years since I've really done anything extensive using it, and I'm having trouble trying to cut through the data how I'd like.

I have a spreadsheet collated with data from the individual Betfair SP spreadsheet files found at http://www.betfairpromo.com/betfairsp/prices/

The information found here is great and really useful. What I'm trying to do, however, is identify quickly the lowest BSP from each race (I suppose, similar to how each horse that has won is listed as '1' under WIN_LOSE, perhaps?) so I can test some theories I have. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how I might be able to do this, and the usual google searches are proving fruitless. It might just be a bit of a mental block on my side!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to go about this? Any help from this amazing community would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Sovereign

EDIT: Apologies, I should probably make clear here that I'm attempting to identify the favourite by BSP at the start of each race from the data - main point which I missed above!
Dallas

To just keep the Fav for each race the way i have always done it is via the following three steps in the following order

1, sort order of BSP column smallest to largest
2, sort order of event id column smallest to largest
3, remove duplicates* (select just the event id column to remove duplicates from)

* to remove duplicates click the data tab then in the 'data tools' area the icon that looks like two columns (at least thats where it is in 2016)
Sovereign

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 pm
To just keep the Fav for each race the way i have always done it is via the following three steps in the following order

1, sort order of BSP column smallest to largest
2, sort order of event id column smallest to largest
3, remove duplicates* (select just the event id column to remove duplicates from)

* to remove duplicates click the data tab then in the 'data tools' area the icon that looks like two columns (at least thats where it is in 2016)
Dallas, that did exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for your help!

Return to “Betfair Data”