Betfair Data Issue - JSON file - Help required

hasmak

Hi

I was looking at Cricket data and downloaded it from betfair but do not understand how to use these files as i do not have experience in coding / programming / using betfair data.

What i want is this:

Lowest price matched for both teams in a cricket match: 'match odds' market

I have downloaded the entire cricket data for last 2 years from betfair website but the files do not make any sense to me when opened in Notepad (as advised by betfair website)

I would appreciate if someone can provide me detailed assistance in relation to this or if i can forward the data and someone can create some sort of spreadsheet showing lowest price matched for both teams.

I am happy to pay for this service for the time spent to compile this data.

Regards

Has
megarain

I have sent u a PM.
chens

Could you please send me the same pm?
deansaccount

megarain wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm
I have sent u a PM.
Mega, could you help me with something similar? I have downloaded the files, unzipped the file with 7zip and have no clue how to get it into a csv or SQL server database

Cheers
enginsbali

megarainuk can you please send me a pm as well for opening .tar and .bz2 files? thanks in adv
munki

megarain wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm
I have sent u a PM.
Could you send me a pm too please mega ?
megarain

I may as well reply here.

The Betfair historical data service, allows u to download history.

Some is free, most is not.

There are different rates for each sport .. I have 2 yrs worth of ckt data.

This data has been imported to an SQL database .. it took 6 mths (yeah), and is 150gb, and is barely working.

Its also been downloaded into a python based engine, where its 30gb.

Running a query in SQL, takes 3-5 mins. Running the same query in Python, takes a lot less.

The import process for both options, were designed by different programmers, and I paid a lot for it.

Its been immensely frustrating, for many reasons.

I dont really feel qualified to pass on technical expertise .. I just dont have it, and now the process is just that I buy the data off the website, download the tar file, and select the file to import.

All this work cost me bundles in wasted time and money // Now its 'finished', I am not sure I would repeat the process .. thou, the data has given a new dimension to my trading.

Return to “Betfair Data”