Football Data (CSV, JSON) - UPDATED 16/08/17

LinusP

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Has anyone been able to work out how to use the New Betfair Historical data website, Ive managed to download a .tar file and extracted it but its all gobbledeegoop. All I get is the .bz2 files in text file
You need to extract the bz2 file.
gstar1975

I have extracted the .Bz2 file but they extract as a .txt file

Can you take me through the exact steps please?
gstar1975

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 am

Can someone please do a video on this please???
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 am

I think megarain once wrote a detailed post on how to open Json files in SQL in a betfair data thread.

I use excel myself so never had any need to open Json files
spreadbetting

You can import json into excel but alot is dependant on your version of excel, just look on youtube they'll be lots of tutorials how to imort json files into your version of excel. There are even plenty of online or standalone convertors for json -> csv files out there too. No idea how big the files are and it may well be that you'd be better off using Access or some SQL database to query them
richolicious

Thanks welshboy06 for scarping the site. By the way, I don't find the event time (goal, red card) in the HKJC site.
http://football.hkjc.com/football/stati ... team_no=-1

Are those info sourced elsewhere, or am I not looking at the right place? Thanks!
nicksim80

Hi,
Does anyone have updated data they are willing to share as per Welshboy's oiginal post?
The original data is now 2 seasons old.
Or is anybody aware of an alternative source?

Thanks in advance!

Nick
CallumPerry

This looks like it will be VERY useful in the near future, thank you very much for sharing!
Speculator_3

Hi all, this is a copy of my separate new thread I just wrote, but I wanted to post here anyway - since that this subforum doesn't seem to very lively.

What I I want is to analyse betfair historical data when a certain specified GOAL DIFFERENCE is achieved in a match.

For example: say I want to study matches where EITHER team was leading by 3 goals at any point - i.e. I want to look at matches where the scoreline was either 3-0, 0-3, 4-1, 1-4, 5-2, etc at some time in the match. Note: I don't care what the scoreline was specifically - just that there was a 3 goal difference. What I want to know is the time of match when this occurred, the match back/lay odds immediately after this scoreline was achieved, the names of teams involved, and also how the scoreline progressed with the relevant time/odds info (so if the scoreline changed from 3-0 to 3-1, I want to know the time and match odds at that new point).

I want this data on EVERY SINGLE MATCH that went live on betfair 24/7, say in the last several months. Essentially I want at least several thousands' games of data.

How can I find this info?
ShaunWhite

Historical data doesn't contain scoreline info, just prices.
Speculator_3

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:12 pm
Historical data doesn't contain scoreline info, just prices.
Is there any reasonable way to infer what the scorelines were? If not, how could I go about achieving my aim? Would there be some kind of historical "archive" of ALL the matches that were live on the betfair exchange going back several months that one could look through?
CallumPerry

I'm interested in this too actually, have my own question which is kinda related so I'll start a new thread but ... bump this one too.
Shaung89

This thread may be 2 years old but wow it made my commute so much faster!
spreadbetting

Does anyone know what pages on the hkjc site contain the score time data, I had a look but couldn't find them. But of a crap site to navigate through, was hoping to code a scraper to get the data on goal times

Return to “Betfair Data”