Betfair Historical Data. CSV format

Wonderwall

Hi there, some time ago, I downloaded from Betfair historical trading data, in a nice neat CSV format.

Now I've been back to repeat the exercise and they are only providing json format zipped files. This needs some coding expertise to work on them. Additionally I managed to open a couple and they don't have the Odds Trade Time in there.

I don't know why Betfair make it awkward to access the data, but this data is crucial to see how odds move, according to events, how long they take to decay and this enables a winning strategy to be developed.

Is there a source that does give proper csv files, just like they used to be, am more interested in football and tennis trading ? Thanks in advance.
Dallas

What historical data was it?

I know the SP data is still avaliable for download in CSV
Wonderwall

Hi there, it was principally Event Name, Event, Selection, Odds & times that I was using. I could co-relate this with actual scores and extrapolate a winning formula.

Quite annoying, as the direct csv was dead simple to work with, the new versions, you need to be able to code, which is outside of my skill set :(
megarain

I have posted a few times on this subject.

Do a search etc, and u will maybe understand a bit better - Not that it will really help.

Which sport are u looking at ?
Wonderwall

Hi there, I looked at your posts back to August & your blog and can see you're developing a process to convert the tar files to a database format.

That's very handy and good to know. I've now managed to find a process to de-zip the files into json format and now looking for a method to turn that into a database format.

It's interesting that we all want the same ends and everyone's having to run off to create their own methodology to do it, but life's not easy right !
LinusP

Wonderwall wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm
Hi there, I looked at your posts back to August & your blog and can see you're developing a process to convert the tar files to a database format.

That's very handy and good to know. I've now managed to find a process to de-zip the files into json format and now looking for a method to turn that into a database format.

It's interesting that we all want the same ends and everyone's having to run off to create their own methodology to do it, but life's not easy right !
If you know how to use python (can also be used to automate the downloading):

https://github.com/liampauling/betfair

Return to “Betfair Data”