NO WAY! data.betfair.com is gone!

gonorar

Hey guys, few days ago I have noted that data.betfair.com is gone....
I write to BDP @ betfair.com support and here is the answer:

"Thanks for getting in touch.
Unfortunately, the old data.betfair.com site has been discontinued and wont be made available again.
We do intend to provide the previously provided data via the new website (https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home) in the future, but don't have an ETA for this at the moment.
In the meantime, you can download the new BASIC data free of charge."

I have all the data that was stored there, for both HORSES and other GAMES since 2006 up to Nov 2017, about 100GB of uncompressed data.
But I don't have December 2017 at all, if any one has this periods can you please email me @ [email protected]

Please HELP!
gonorar

Last file that I have is: bfinf_horse_171106to171112_171115120001.csv
I need all data after 2017-11-15 for both Horses and Other games. If have these files please email me!! :roll:
Euler

Betfair stopped updating it before they pulled it. I think it was q3 of last year the updating started getting erratic.
gonorar

All data before 2017-11-15 (my own last download) is up to date.
I am simulating my own strategies with this data, and comparing it to real stakes that my soft is perform on horse racing.
Less than 4% of played stakes was not correct, if comparing my virtual playback and real play. So it's not quality of data question.
It was high quality data for free, and now it's gone :evil:
I just want to have a full set of this data, since 2006 up to 2018, and I don't know how many files i need, to get it full
Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Betfair stopped updating it before they pulled it. I think it was q3 of last year the updating started getting erratic.
Euler

Response from Betfair CS today

Unfortunately, the old data.betfair.com site has been discontinued and won't be made available again. We do intend to provide the previously provided data via the new website (historicdata.betfair.com/#/home) in the future.

However we don't have an ETA for this at the moment. In the meantime, you can download all of the new BASIC data free of charge.
northbound

Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 am
In the meantime, you can download all of the new BASIC data free of charge.
Pity that the new BASIC data doesn’t contain volume figures.
enginsbali

data.betfair.com is not working anymore and I do not understand how I can change the data format from .tar or .bz2 files to CSV etc to work on excel. Do you guys know how to work with data from https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home?

Thanks!

Return to “Betfair Data”