Record Profit and Loss Graph - How to Create a Profit Graph

Dallas

This Profit and Loss capture sheet has been created by NigelK to allow you to capture your P/L at regular intervals during a market.

When connected it will record your P/L (the amount you can green up for) which you can later analyze and plot to a chart. Peter highlighted this as something he does in a number of markets and particularly in tennis markets.
Click the following link to see a video he posted earlier this year where he explains in further detail why he captures this type of information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eeTY0b ... 43D7D636EB

How to use it

Click the file 'PL Recorder.rar' at the bottom of this post to download it to your PC, then using a program like winzip or winrar unzip the file, it will then be ready to connect to Bet Angel via the 'Excel' tab in the main window or guardian.

To use the capture sheet you must ensure you have your Refresh rate set to 1 second, or if using in guardian ensure the market it is connected to is being refreshed every 1 sec.

Once you open the capture sheet you can set the intervals that it starts recording your P/L.
It can be used on both in-play and pre-play markets, when using on pre-play markets it will start recording at the number of seconds before the start you have entered then stop at the official start time.
When using on in-play markets it will record from when the market is turned in-play until the number of seconds in the start time is reached or the market closes

Example

At the start of an earlier Tennis match I placed a £10 back bet on Del Potro, my P/L (the amount I could green up for) was then captured every 20 seconds throughout the match.
Once finished I could plot that information onto a chart in just a few clicks to clearly see how my position changed throughout the match, how long/often I was in a profit or loss for, what and when the peak P/L were etc, all that allows me to spot were those key points were within the match.

PL Chart Tennis.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spike

Hi Dallas,

I cnt see the RAR attachment?
Spike

Sorry ignore that I can see it, thanks.
gutuami

all that comes from NigelK is top quality. thanks Nigel
CallumPerry

This is fantastic stuff! Cheers very much Dallas and Nigel. You pair truly are messiahs of this forum!
megarain

Thx v much for the spreadsheet.

I am trying to run it on a 5 day test match, the value in H4, is giving me an error.

How do I fix this.

Thx again.
value error on recorder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelk

Attached with fix for formula

Cheers, Nigel
megarain

The recorder was working fine, but, stopped at 23:03:36 .. after starting at 07:48:08.

I dont really understand formulas .. but, shouldnt the formula for H4, reflect 5 days. I can understand 24*60*60 is secs for 1 day etc, but the match lasts 5 days.
pl recorder stopped 11pm day 1.jpg
Thx again, sorry to only cause more work.
tb_smoelf

Hello NigelK.
When I open the spreadsheet, there is content from a horse racing. The tennis match I follow is only at the top. How do I remove the other content?
Major Skint

Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for this sheet, very useful however is it possible to get it to record more than 1 match (tennis) at a time?
I presume it would just need more sheets and then I could use the auto-bind function to connect the matches I had in guardian would that work?

Many thanks for your help

Petar
Dallas

Major Skint wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for this sheet, very useful however is it possible to get it to record more than 1 match (tennis) at a time?
I presume it would just need more sheets and then I could use the auto-bind function to connect the matches I had in guardian would that work?

Many thanks for your help

Petar
No, the VBA code would need changing so it would be a question for NigelK to answer if and how best to do it when he gets chance.

Also all thanks for the sheet need to go to NigelK, this is his work - I only done the quick job of writing the opening post
stever78

Hi,
many thanks to nigel for this sheet.

i know this is not a "how to use excel" forum.

if anyone has the time - do you know how to create the actual graph that shows the profit line over time
download/file.php?id=9959&mode=view.
i thought that would be the easy part but i cant seem to do it.
just need to create graph based on green up p/l like the one shown in the original post

many thanks for your help

steve r
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:18 pm
Hi,
many thanks to nigel for this sheet.

i know this is not a "how to use excel" forum.

if anyone has the time - do you know how to create the actual graph that shows the profit line over time
download/file.php?id=9959&mode=view.
i thought that would be the easy part but i cant seem to do it.
just need to create graph based on green up p/l like the one shown in the original post

many thanks for your help

steve r
Cut and paste the times and prices into two columns then click on any cell within that and select;
'Insert' > 'Recommended Charts'
stever78

many thanks for reply dallas,

that makes sense - for excel to get the data to plot the graph
but where do i get that TIME and PRICE data from. nigel's spreadsheet overwrites that existing data every 5 seconds. so i don't quite know how to get that data that you gave in your example.
basically where do i cut from - when you suggested to cut and paste.

many thanks, i sure its easy when u know how - just cant seem to get how nigels spreadsheet plots the data for the graph as i keeps overwriting in each cell.

thanks for your help

steve
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm
many thanks for reply dallas,

that makes sense - for excel to get the data to plot the graph
but where do i get that TIME and PRICE data from. nigel's spreadsheet overwrites that existing data every 5 seconds. so i don't quite know how to get that data that you gave in your example.
basically where do i cut from - when you suggested to cut and paste.

many thanks, i sure its easy when u know how - just cant seem to get how nigels spreadsheet plots the data for the graph as i keeps overwriting in each cell.

thanks for your help

steve
It collects and writes it exactly like that, as in the image below from a market just now

capture.jpg

It may be that the Excel version you have has a bug that Microsoft brought in last year, I believe its fixed now so updating your excel should resolve it.
If not there are instructions in the following post on how to roll it back to an earlier version (without the bug)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16170&p=149284#p149284

Return to “Betfair Data”