Recovering old style Betfair CSV data

maidanez

I noticed that people were lamenting the loss of the old style betfair CSV data. I'm a n00b and I wondered is there a number of people who'd still be interested in converting new style to old style. I'm a programmer day to day and if somebody wanted to explain what details are missing I could look at building at an app that recovers them if there is sufficient interest. (From my personal perspective JSON is more useful to me) Let me know what people think.
northbound

The freely available JSON historical data at present don’t contain volume, highest/lowest traded odds.

I doubt it would be of much use to convert it into CSV. It was a different matter when Betfair made freely available CSV data that contained the above info. Sadly they killed it at the end of 2017.
maidanez

Ah ok, I know the volume has been removed unless you pay money. However I thought the lowest/highest traded odds could be collated from the 1 minute interval?
maidanez

What confuses/d me is that normally you switch to JSON format because you want to encode more data, not less. I had no idea they'd dropped large chunks of important data while moving to a format that allows you to embed far more important data. Especially if people are now paying for it.
jimibt

maidanez wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:03 am
What confuses/d me is that normally you switch to JSON format because you want to encode more data, not less. I had no idea they'd dropped large chunks of important data while moving to a format that allows you to embed far more important data. Especially if people are now paying for it.
the paid for data cobtains the full market depth. the free json is limited as per your observation. just another way for BF to generate a tad more revenue.
spreadbetting

maidanez wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:51 am
Ah ok, I know the volume has been removed unless you pay money. However I thought the lowest/highest traded odds could be collated from the 1 minute interval?
You can still get the pre off and IP MIN and MAX figures in CSV format from https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices/

Return to “Betfair Data”