Free Betfair Exchange Historical Data Offer!

gunnerryan

Am I missing something or is the data incredibly hard to understand?

There's nothing to indicate what is a win market by the file name. It's just a jumble of different files named using random numbers.
Has anyone been able to make sense of them or import them into a database?
Alexander_99

gunnerryan wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 pm

There's nothing to indicate what is a win market by the file name. It's just a jumble of different files named using random numbers.
I second this, as I've been looking at historical data and having to go through a dozen random files just to find the one I want, say match odds, is infuriating.
ShaunWhite

gunnerryan wrote:

They're not in a format you can just pull into excel. They're in JSON format and the schema doc is available to download from Betfair. You'll need to use a utility (several listed free and paid for via google) to convert them to Excel or csv format.. Also bear in mind that the data is probably delta values, ie the changes since he previous timestamp not absolute figures at given times. That would be the usual way in data like this, as it is for any time series data such as video, because it's more efficient than repeating values which haven't changed. I can't really help anymore because I don't use them.
Alexander_99

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:34 pm
gunnerryan wrote:

Also bear in mind that the data is probably delta values, ie the changes since he previous timestamp not absolute figures at given times. That would be the usual way in data like this, as it is for any time series data such as video, because it's more efficient than repeating values which haven't changed. I can't really help anymore because I don't use them.
Could you please clarify what you mean by "changes since previous timestamp"? So say match odds at 40 min are 1.21 and they are still 1.21 at 42 min, they they drop to 1.2 on 44 min...Does this mean the data shown will skip 42 min, and only shows the odds at 40 min and 44 min?
LinusP

It’s the streaming data, details here:

https://historicdata.betfair.com/Betfai ... cation.pdf

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... Stream+API

As mentioned it’s not easy to use but can be very valuable.
Ethanol

How awesome would it be if Bet Angel could import these files in practice mode? Not only that, imagine importing multiple markets into Guardian then letting it play out with your automation... :o
RalfusDawes

Noticed this under the promotions tab:

We are offering the following historical data free of charge:
January 2020– May 2020 – ADVANCED data - All Sports – (normally £2615)
April 2020 – May 2020 – PRO data – All Sports – (normally £2180)

All data can be ‘purchased’ in the usual way and will be shown as £0 cost when you complete the purchase process. No funds will be debited from your Betfair account for these free data packages.
jimibt

RalfusDawes wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 pm
Noticed this under the promotions tab:

We are offering the following historical data free of charge:
January 2020– May 2020 – ADVANCED data - All Sports – (normally £2615)
April 2020 – May 2020 – PRO data – All Sports – (normally £2180)

All data can be ‘purchased’ in the usual way and will be shown as £0 cost when you complete the purchase process. No funds will be debited from your Betfair account for these free data packages.
lol... i trust you read the OP ;)
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:13 pm
I'll take a look while it's free, thanks, but I can't believe how it could be worth so much. Obviously I'm missing something but I'd sooner pay to do Phychoff's course!
Data = 95% will moan, 5% will rejoice
Mentorship = 95% will moan, 5% will rejoice

Data + mentorship = 95% will rejoice, 5% will moan
johnsheppard

Ethanol wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:28 pm
How awesome would it be if Bet Angel could import these files in practice mode? Not only that, imagine importing multiple markets into Guardian then letting it play out with your automation... :o
Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 am
The problem I have always found with historical data is that it tells you what happens, but not why. So active participation in a market is nearly always preferable. But you can use historical data to model and build a framework for further investigation.
These two comments go together :) ... I would say practice mode not in real time only helps you with mechanical testing of strategies....it won't help you learn why things are happening......unless you have all kinds of other data replaying back too...... but yeah, still it'd be super useful just for mechanical testing... :)
spreadbetting

k4rma

Sadly that PRO data version only include april-may, the time where most sports/events already been suspended :|
Dallas

k4rma wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:07 pm
Sadly that PRO data version only include april-may, the time where most sports/events already been suspended :|
Must have recently changed it, i managed to get Pro data for all the earlier months a few weeks ago
xPeViTe

Hi,

I can't access Betfair, does anyone have this data over some cloud or knows any website to download it?

Thank you!

Return to “Betfair Data”