Inplay cricket prices

hmb

Okay, thanks.
CallumPerry

Hi hmb,

Sorry I can't be of more help but I've never looked at cricket so don't have that information to share with you but if you contact BetFair directly they should easily be able to supply you with the markets they usually have available. Would also be worth asking about enforced delays, being in-play I am unsure. Cricket is definitely on the medium-term radar so good luck with it. Let us know if you crack it won't you.
hmb

Hi Callum
I found this:

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Sportsb ... s/#Cricket

which gives an indication of what markets are available, but will drop them a line, as you suggest, to confirm inplay markets.

Have seen 5 second delays mentioned for cricket.

Will let you know if it goes well!
Wildly

Hi hmb,

In-play, apart from the match odds market, there is not much with the liquidity to be worthwhile.

The only other market I can recall with decent liquidity is a teams innings score being over/under total number of runs, those totals are in 25 run increments. But the available money thins as you get close to each result.

Best to plan on being involved in the match odds market. There is so much money there and significant enough moves with each boundary or wicket, or dot ball in the shorter form, that's all you need for cricket.
hmb

Thanks Wildly

That's interesting - I may tweak my system to multiple bets on the match result then, if that us where the liquidity is.

Final piece of the jigsaw will be to monitor a live match and assess the fluctuations in the odds as we go through the match.

Thanks all.
Atho55

You may be able to construct an average or benchmark of odds from this by converting % chance and using historical data to compare score v time to look for a best fit.

ODI Run Rate v Win%.png

Euler I believe posted this originally

Would be interested to see what the data you have looks like as have looked at doing a predictor model myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hmb

Thanks Atho
I'll report back once I've put the theory into practice which looks like being Jul/Aug time.

Return to “Betfair Data”