Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Naffman

It went down for 2.5 hrs this morning so get comfy lads
Euler

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:35 pm
I love just checking betangel forum when betfair down and seeing the names on the bottom.

Only time this place gets really busy all at once. 🤣

Careful, betangel might crash!
It speaks volumes that the forum lights up when there is an outage. But also that loads of people who claim to be active in the markets always seem to miss it or only notice it way after it's happened. You always get to see who's naked, when the tide goes out.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:24 pm
Yep, total shambles.
Just like the UK Government. STOP BREXIT! STOP BETFAIR GOING DOWN!
Euler

If Parliament controlled the exchange no market would ever happen as they would never be able to agree on how the market was made up.
EUTREDSONOFEUTRED

Hey there all, first post.
Betfair went down about 1430? I had just placed a £50 lay bet on Viv Vittoria and it all stopped working. (using practice mode) 😊

Does anyone know the rules for when this event happens? In real betting, is the money refunded? Or do the bets run through to conclusion?

Either eventuality could potentially have huge consequences for people matching up lay bets for extra place racing, matched betting and trading? I suppose for traders, the money being refunded would be best?

Anyone have any thoughts on this subject please? I expect some of you have some unexpected free time now.. lol
dt888

Back on... for now
dt888

EUTREDSONOFEUTRED wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Betfair went down about 1430? I had just placed a £50 lay bet on Viv Vittoria and it all stopped working. (using practice mode) 😊

Does anyone know the rules for when this event happens? In real betting, is the money refunded? Or do the bets run through to conclusion?

Either eventuality could potentially have huge consequences for people matching up lay bets for extra place racing, matched betting and trading? I suppose for traders, the money being refunded would be best?

Anyone have any thoughts on this subject please? I expect some of you have some unexpected free time now.. lol
All bets up to the outage usually stand. Ive been settled for the 14.30. Luckily I didnt have any open positions
Dallas

EUTREDSONOFEUTRED wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Bets that are matched stand, so outages can be a trader's worst nightmare least of all for not knowing what your positions are if you intended to trade out at a later time.
Here are a few ways you can limit any possible damage
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-e ... age-crash/
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
I love just checking betangel forum when betfair down and seeing the names on the bottom.

It speaks volumes that the forum lights up when there is an outage. But also that loads of people who claim to be active in the markets always seem to miss it or only notice it way after it's happened. You always get to see who's naked, when the tide goes out.
Just had a flick around some other forums and there so dead that no ones spotted an outage or if they did they never wasted time posting there is one if no one else is reading it, then again most didn't notice/post anything during Cheltenham last week either
ec0n0mist

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:20 pm
ec0n0mist wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:49 am
[

So the good news is that I seem to have come out with a profit on that game (on paper at least). The ominous bit is that I haven't seen a single penny of it yet :?

Everyone else's balance correct?
That will be nice if you get paid out! :D
Haha yes! Fortunately my account was credited 15 mins later, so all worked out in the end. But I could do without the added excitement in future :lol:
ec0n0mist

Just woke up. How's everything looking now?

Saw some tweets that it's been going on intermittently through the day.
Does connection seem stable now?
eightbo

What's happening?
eightbo

We're back
Derek27

Just doing my accounts for yesterday, Betfair site including P/L pages appear to be down.
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:

You love checking the forum when Betfair is down, but you don't follow up your own posts to the forum.
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:16 pm
I done it!

I give full update in a few days. Gota get paid first before I give the details.

Just wow!
It's now two months. Have you not been paid yet?

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”