Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Dabbla

Its looks like my bot has been tring to place bets but my account was exceeded. So its kept trying to place bets and racking up transaction bet s every time. Nothing on any statement though, I guess that will be tomorrow.

I will ring betfair and see if there is anything they can do.
I know someone has been recommended on the forum before to speak at betfair regarding transaction charges, who is it ?
its quite a bit of money !
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 pm

I know someone has been recommended on the forum before to speak at betfair regarding transaction charges, who is it ?
It was probably Neil
PeterLe

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:14 pm
Dabbla wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 pm

It was probably Neil
Deleted...
Last edited by PeterLe on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

Just some of the quotes on Betfair Community today, lol ...

Bob “ it’s down again”
Bill “What’s down?”
Bob “the exchange”
Bill “The what?”
Bob “The exchange”
Bill “what’s the exchange”

Bob “ I don’t know ffs, I hoped you did”

Hello there, we are sorry that £7.61 is missing from your account but this does not give you permission to racially abuse our staff and threaten us with violence.

In business, why would you close the shop during business hours?

Next thing they’ll be telling us there’s a man in blue dungarees going around with an oil can.
Last edited by The Silk Run on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcgoo

Wondered why my bot closed an open position so late...at least it did and was only one trade.What a shambles.'Also an ex IT geek and if organisations I worked for had this much down-time my ass would be roasted too hot to sit on.A joke re the maintenance excuse too I reckon :evil:
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 pm
Post Deleted
I always thought Neil's job was developer support (bdp?) but went the extra yard for people usually, cos he's a good guy., I didn't have him down as a regular CS person answering general questions about charges?
ShaunWhite

mcgoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:40 am
'Also an ex IT geek and if organisations I worked for had this much down-time my ass would be roasted too hot to sit on.
The problem with supporting complex systems is the lead time before someone's useful. Throw everyone out and you're quickly in a worse position than when you started. That's very much how it all feels now, the decline has accelerated. It's a hole that's difficult to get out of, but not impossible with the right leadership. Management are always last to feel the heat but usually the root of the problem.
Euler

I swapped message with somebody senior at Betfair yesterday and suggested they make a comment more than an standard apology, which they did yesterday evening. It went down like a sack of, but at least it shows some intent. I'll be focused on Ascot this week, but will probably follow up with them at some point and try and understand why these issues keep occurring.
sa7med

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 am
I swapped message with somebody senior at Betfair yesterday and suggested they make a comment more than an standard apology, which they did yesterday evening. It went down like a sack of, but at least it shows some intent. I'll be focused on Ascot this week, but will probably follow up with them at some point and try and understand why these issues keep occurring.
Where is this comment? Can you quote please?
Euler

Just an update on the issues relating to the Exchange this evening. We have determined the cause of the outage and as a result a series of follow up actions are being taken to prevent this happening again in the future.
sa7med

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
Just an update on the issues relating to the Exchange this evening. We have determined the cause of the outage and as a result a series of follow up actions are being taken to prevent this happening again in the future.
You'd think they would've done that the last few times this happened. Seems very similar to last outages.
Euler

They need to work hard to establish trust as the number of recent issues, indicate a much deeper problem.

The delay between suspending and putting races inplay was very long on Saturday. It feel pretty uncomfortable.
Derek27

sa7med wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
You'd think they would've done that the last few times this happened. Seems very similar to last outages.
I slightly more detailed account of what the problem was would be appreciated. Obviously their series of follow up actions are not preventing it from happening again or a new and different problem is surfacing every week, which suggests the entire system is extremely flawed and fragile.
Derek27

First sign of API sticking.
Yantraman

Does anyone have any stats on BF exchange crashes. I know on 2 years on the weekend before Chelt Fest the exchange has gone down. From memory, I think it has previously happened on at least a one other occasion before a major meet. Now again in the days running up to ascot

As they doing some system reconfiguring to cope with the anticipated additional volume/strains on the exchange I wonder?

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”