Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

sa7med

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
Just an update on the issues relating to the Exchange this evening. We have determined the cause of the outage and as a result a series of follow up actions are being taken to prevent this happening again in the future.
You'd think they would've done that the last few times this happened. Seems very similar to last outages.
Euler

They need to work hard to establish trust as the number of recent issues, indicate a much deeper problem.

The delay between suspending and putting races inplay was very long on Saturday. It feel pretty uncomfortable.
Derek27

sa7med wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
Just an update on the issues relating to the Exchange this evening. We have determined the cause of the outage and as a result a series of follow up actions are being taken to prevent this happening again in the future.
You'd think they would've done that the last few times this happened. Seems very similar to last outages.
I slightly more detailed account of what the problem was would be appreciated. Obviously their series of follow up actions are not preventing it from happening again or a new and different problem is surfacing every week, which suggests the entire system is extremely flawed and fragile.
Derek27

First sign of API sticking.
Yantraman

Does anyone have any stats on BF exchange crashes. I know on 2 years on the weekend before Chelt Fest the exchange has gone down. From memory, I think it has previously happened on at least a one other occasion before a major meet. Now again in the days running up to ascot

As they doing some system reconfiguring to cope with the anticipated additional volume/strains on the exchange I wonder?
Dallas

Yantraman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Does anyone have any stats on BF exchange crashes. I know on 2 years on the weekend before Chelt Fest the exchange has gone down. From memory, I think it has previously happened on at least a one other occasion before a major meet. Now again in the days running up to ascot

As they doing some system reconfiguring to cope with the anticipated additional volume/strains on the exchange I wonder?
Have a look 2 pages back
Derek27

Yantraman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes, every week. ;)
Euler

Objectively speaking there appears to be plenty of capacity available for Ascot.
BrianDee

Hey BA massif - is this another BF lagging issue?
Ladder & Trader show correct runners/riders, one-click showed some other collection...?
Freaked me out, so I bailed at first sight of green :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

BrianDee wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 pm
Hey BA massif - is this another BF lagging issue?
Ladder & Trader show correct runners/riders, one-click showed some other collection...?
Freaked me out, so I bailed at first sight of green :(
No, you have your one-click screen sorted 'by order of back price' (and scrolled down the field)
and the in-play trader screen with 'no sorting' ie, still in the BF default row order
BrianDee

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 pm
No, you have your one-click screen sorted 'by order of back price' (and scrolled down the field)
and the in-play trader screen with 'no sorting' ie, still in the BF default row order
What a tit :(
Euler

I'll have another conversation with Betfair this week about the outages. Not sure if I'll be able to relay the conversation but at least I can represent everybody's views.
eightbo

Noticeable shakes in the 17:28 Greyhound market. Be careful.
buyshirts

Yeah i concur cricket market froze
eightbo

17:27:30 GMT 4-5 sec freeze, confirmed by a friend

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”