Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Derek27

Trading Peruvian football at the moment and the market keeps suspending briefly for no apparent reason.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:39 pm
Trading Peruvian football at the moment and the market keeps suspending briefly for no apparent reason.
Decided to flick this on to watch what you are trading, for the second half ive just opened myself a beer to try and figure what you're seeing :lol: tbh though, I couldn't get past trying to work out why one of the managers is wearing 2 face masks, one of them covering his chin.
Derek27

Never seen this before but my trading software prices aren't correlating with the Betfair site. I'm not pissed, I'm just on my third can.
Derek27

On the Betair site, I keep seeing a 5-figure sum backing the draw (Melgar v Alianza Uni) at 2.56 and then it goes back to 4s, but unfortunately it's not happening on my ladder!
Derek27

I've just placed a £2 lay on the draw at 2.56 on the Betfair site, the 5-figure back bet comes in every few seconds but bet not getting matched. Once again, I'm not pissed, I'm just on my fourth can. :)
Last edited by Derek27 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Decided to flick this on to watch what you are trading, for the second half ive just opened myself a beer to try and figure what you're seeing :lol: tbh though, I couldn't get past trying to work out why one of the managers is wearing 2 face masks, one of them covering his chin.
Did he have a beard? Although covering your chin isn't essential it does look odd wearing a face mask covering your nose and mouth but not your chin. I'm surprised by now they haven't developed face masks for people with long beards, for 3-times the price. :)
Derek27

This is the chart for the match I'm talking about and there hasn't been a goal - the scores 0-0!
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I've just refreshed the page. Apparently there were two red cards and a booking to Alianza Uni. I'm guessing there was a malfunctioning script on that market page.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Did he have a beard? Although covering your chin isn't essential it does look odd wearing a face mask covering your nose and mouth but not your chin. I'm surprised by now they haven't developed face masks for people with long beards, for 3-times the price. :)
Not that I noticed, second half it was gone, just his one mask worn normally.

I've just sat and watched the draw price for a good 20 mins only for you to realise that your page needed a refresh :lol: i was adamant that you weren't wrong and I was missing it... oh well, killed 20 mins.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 pm
I've just sat and watched the draw price for a good 20 mins only for you to realise that your page needed a refresh :lol: i was adamant that you weren't wrong and I was missing it... oh well, killed 20 mins.
I was going to post a link to the page to ask for confirmation that I'm not going mad, but when I tested the link before submitting the post I realised the page needed refreshing. :lol:

I've never seen a Betfair page go wrong before. It's quite worrying seeing a £25K order on your screen that literally doesn't exist.
tomallen123

Is it ever worth trying to get some kind of refund from betfair in these circumstances?

I placed some lay bets on the market before the outage and had no idea if they were matched or not, showed nothing matched on the website and nothing on the API.

It was only after the match had ended I saw that all the bets had indeed been matched and all lost
sa7med

tomallen123 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 pm
Is it ever worth trying to get some kind of refund from betfair in these circumstances?

I placed some lay bets on the market before the outage and had no idea if they were matched or not, showed nothing matched on the website and nothing on the API.

It was only after the match had ended I saw that all the bets had indeed been matched and all lost
I think if you don't get some sort of confirmation of a bet being matched before it goes in play then you might have a shot, but it's going to require some wrangling with betfair. I'm still corresponding with them over a situation similar to yours months later, and waiting for them to respond for over 6 weeks now.
spreadbetting

Don't ask you don't get, no harm in trying. Just make sure you push it onto a manager as the first response will always be a no from the customer service reps who usually don't even know how the exchange works.
tomallen123

I emailed the "vip" team and they told me i need to raise a ticket with the API dev team, not exactly hopeful at this point
spreadbetting

The VIP team? Do you have an account manager maybe ask him if so.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”