Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

gutuami

same on firefox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weemac

gutuami wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:37 pm
same on firefox
Go to the exchange website(using firefox), click on the race (left menu), then click 'Live Stream' at top of page. I'm watching it now.
gutuami

weemac wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm
gutuami wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:37 pm
same on firefox
Go to the exchange website(using firefox), click on the race (left menu), then click 'Live Stream' at top of page. I'm watching it now.
yes, thank you. Can access them from main video page. And can see the links in ie, but black screen.
Yantraman

Keep hitting the refresh button on the browser - the markets re appear (firefox)
gutuami

Yantraman wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm
Keep hitting the refresh button on the browser - the markets re appear (firefox)
yes it worked, thanks

hidden features :)
Emmson

I thought there may have been some problems, my Bet Angel is not showing I have greened but the betfair site is saying I have...and I have.
Last edited by Emmson on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmson

Its resolved now anyway after I switched markets for a few seconds. Using my backup laptop tonight and its not the most powerful machine so probably that.
Dim

/getAccountFunds Major Outage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dim

and back to normal.
eightbo

Had streaming go down today e.g. once around ~16:30 GMT
Seemed to come back online quickly but happened twice for me so thought I'd mention it.

Could be my end as have had another issue recently, developer status page showed all green at the time but polling was working fine
SUNSTORM

Hi All ,

I'm new & not a BA user (yet ..) but am fishing for as much info on a topic because I'm in a big dispute with Betfair which has dragged on for a year & which is now with IBAS for arbitration & I have to reply by Mon 2nd Nov or take it to the small claims court.

Last years Rugby World Cup, Outwright Winner market, I placed a bet at 8-9/1 via Mobile Android & Betfair Exchange seemingly automatically matched the vast sum of the bet at crazy low odds of between 1.01-2.02 - which only a lunatic would have consciously agreed to. The screen flashed through & odds seemed to be being matched automatically without my input. Betfair argue I manually input the wrong odds - which is not the case. 90secs later the correct odds were available to bet on. Sounds fishy to me but I need more wider opinions from users who regularly monitor Betfair platform performance etc..

I've searched this thread & can see lots of unhappy posts about Betfair performance issues over the last 18mths but - specifically - I'd be keen to hear of any similar stories, especially if they occurred during the Semi-Final weekend of the Rugby world cup (i.e Sat/Sun 26th/27th Oct 2019 around 8.15-8.30am each day - just before kick offs) or any Sports related bet on the Exchange that weekend that exhibited similar behaviour.

Similarly, if you feel you can explain the issue I'm all ears .. Any info / leads welcomed.

Cheers
Kai

I suggest opening a new thread about that and providing as much detail as possible. Sounds like a fatfinger mistake tbh.
SUNSTORM

Trust me, no fat fingers here .. the screen literally took on a life of it's own for a few seconds as it whizzed down through odds. Never seen anything like it on BFX & I've been using it for 5+yrs as a weekend & festivals horses punter. I wish I'd been screen recording as I think it would have been an open & shut case by now. Thought I'd add to this thread given it's linked to BF performance etc.. & already had a group of regular users linked to it.
Kai

SUNSTORM wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm
Thought I'd add to this thread given it's linked to BF performance etc.. & already had a group of regular users linked to it.
You probably thought you'd get more visibility chunking it in this thread, but people are unlikely to needlessly bump this thread because it's practically an "outage thread", a place to report current(!) performance issues and disruptions of service, as the name suggests.

People have recently opened threads with far worse issues and gotten some feedback. Since you have 2 more days to make a decision about your case, I still suggest to open a thread about it and plead your case, to try and work out what happened on that market.
Trader Pat

Market feeling a bit sticky for me right now, hopefully just a minor blip.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”